ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS PITT OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

According to the box score that I’ve bench checking to keep up with how many points players have, Cam has 13 points. I’d like to see him score at least 7 more points to get him another 20 point game before Coach K puts in the reserves.

This is the wonderful part of handling this game as a business trip. Get out big enough you can hit these lapses and still be comfortable. Well go on a final run here.

This is why I hate blowouts. Officials totally lose sight of any good officiating and cannot gain any composure and make calls for the underdog. We were threatening to run away and we get called for a BS "push off" that if it was a foul, they missed a hell of a lot on Pitt...

You don’t often see us take a shot clock violation at the end like that. Capel getting special treatment?

Good true road win but not a great one. 2nd half was disappointing. Thought we were very sluggish for lack of a better word. That was not good. Coach K knows and I bet you that won't happen next game but it's another win. I thought Capel had a very good game plan. OFC

Would agree. It’s a road win but it wasn’t impressive. We lacked fire. We are much to dependent on RJ/Zion iso. The bench minutes have shrunk majorly. Need Jack back at 6th man and Alex out of the Dog house!

All that said - there were plenty of positives, most importantly a road ACC’s win

Go Duke

The two headed monster strikes again! I liked the big Grayson head behind the basket! Don't know whats up with Alex,he seems lost on the floor,and looks disengaged on the bench,He must be in K's dog house for some reason.Any thoughts??

The two headed monster strikes again! I liked the big Grayson head behind the basket! Don't know whats up with Alex,he seems lost on the floor,and looks disengaged on the bench,He must be in K's dog house for some reason.Any thoughts??

Goldwire got more burn than he normally does, so hopefully it is just a case of JG having some solid practices in the lead up to the game and earning minutes, as opposed to an issue with AOC. We'll see.

Any ACC road win is a good win. Jay Z knows.

Some won’t buy what I’m saying, and that’s ok, but Alex knew in Syracuse game he was going to play. So he just went out and played. The last 2 games, he seems to go in apprehensive. It’s ultimately up to him, but he seems to be playing with one eye on the bench in the little time he’s gotten since.
Recipe for disaster.

I predicted a breakout game by one of Alex, Bolden or Jack. So much for that o_O. I thought Bolden played fair, but I think Jack is in funk and Alex barely saw the floor. I really think we need to see our bench develop more confidence moving forward. Where is the Jack we saw earlier in the season? The veteran leader who was rebounding like a monster and hitting his corner threes. He's there, I know he is. I also agree Alex is in the doghouse and needs to work his way out of it.

More zone huh?? How funny was it to see K and a top K disciple going zone on zone? Either way I have to say I like a combination of RJ and Cam at the top of that zone. They are so long and quick. Add Zion on the back line poaching the passing lanes, and it sure seems to be an effective defense to slow teams down.

A road ACC win. Next! See you on the floor soon Trey!

Alan

Reactions: hart2chesson
agree Mac,he seems to look at the bench on every whistle.I think his confidence is very low at this point,hopefully he can make some adjustments to get himself going,we will need him as the season goes on.

I have to say... almost our entire scoring coming from three freshmen... that does NOT make me happy. Seems like a bad recipe.

Jack has zero confidence in his shot. He had probably 10 open looks from three last night that he passed up on. Only way to get out of a shooting funk is to shoot!

I've said it before, K has a very low tolerance for Alex. One mistake and he's headed back to the bench. He's done something or does something, probably in the locker room or practices that aggravates Coach and he just seems to have a short fuse when it comes to AOC.

Jack is just in a shooting funk. 1/17 will start to wear on you. But I don’t see it impacting any other part of his game, hoping to see him break out soon, we’ll need that added scoring punch.

I believe the zone is another energy conserver. K knows we are only going 6-7 deep and it keeps legs fresh. When Tre is back I don’t think we’ll see much zone. However using now is also giving us game experience if we need to throw it in later down the road as an added wrinkle. Another tool in our belt if needed.

I trust that K has the pulse of AOC. Whatever message is being sent I hope is being well received. I want to see him come in with an edge and force his way back into the rotation. I get it, a short leash is hard to play through. But I’m confident if he was doing all the right things in practice and meetings he would be given more latitude. Again I hope he gets pissed at sitting on the bench and finds that spark we need. People handle adversity differently. Some respond in a competitive nature, some pout and look for the exit. I guess we’ll see how AOC handles it.

Alex isn’t playing because Alex is terrible at defense right now, it’s that simple.
I know he hit a lot of shots against Syracuse, but he was still a huge net negative, he gave up way more points than he scored.

Goldwire’s D is fantastic, great again last night, he can give us like 75% of Tre’s D.
He has zero offense, but I’m comfortable knowing RJ/Zion/Cam will have to make a play when Goldwire is in.

Reactions: Showenuff
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT