ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS NORTH DAKOTA STATE - NCAA TOURNAMENT OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

I like the Vegas commercial
I like Vegas.

Shameless plug: I use Fat Jacks sports betting. $189 for picks for the first weekend. 7/8 yesterday. Pretty good today too. Fat Jacks has put a lot of money in my pocket the past couple years.

Reactions: pisgah101
I agree with the downers that I wish this team would get and early lead and hold it. This forum would be more pleasant that way, haha.

AOC and Baker hit 3's and we roll. Cam looked good in the 2nd half. RJ and Zion were great. Bolden is going to get better as well. I'll take it.

Reactions: dbav
I mean, if you are truly watching the games, they have played like crap the first half of nearly all the games against teams with a pulse. But every game, like clock work, the board loose their minds in the FIRST half. It may come back to bite them in the butt, but i'll take my chances with this team. The adjustment they make is something to watch. This is not like any other team we have witnessed in a long time. They are just different, and the defense should tell you that right off the jump. They will shut your sh** down when it comes down to it.

Great 2nd half and a great win!!! Now wouldn't it be nice for Iona to break the 3 point record makes tonight against the Cheats!!!!
OFC

Kenny Smith’s, Clark Kent costume isn’t fooling anyone.

Well folks, that's "March Madness"! These things happen in the first half sometimes, and aren't we glad the game is 2 halves?! No matter how you slice it - Duke is 1-0 with 5 to go!
Go Duke!
OFC
I mean as poorly as we played in the first half we still would've won so, I kinda wish this one was only 1 half. Extra rest for Sunday.

giphy.gif

I mean, if you are truly watching the games, they have played like crap the first half of nearly all the games against teams with a pulse. But every game, like clock work, the board loose their minds in the FIRST half. It may come back to bite them in the butt, but i'll take my chances with this team. The adjustment they make is something to watch. This is not like any other team we have witnessed in a long time. They are just different, and the defense should tell you that right off the jump. They will shut your sh** down when it comes down to it.

But this is lose and go home. This is against a team that has no business in the same thought as duke. You play around too long you lose. Nothing wrong with being pissed abkut bad effort. this entire team NEEDS to came out ready to dominate like they’re capable at the tip. Sometimes losing your mind in the first half is silly but against a low major 16 seed nah it’s kinda scary we can look that bad

But this is lose and go home. This is against a team that has no business in the same thought as duke. You play around too long you lose. Nothing wrong with being pissed abkut bad effort. this entire team NEEDS to came out ready to dominate like they’re capable at the tip. Sometimes losing your mind in the first half is silly but against a low major 16 seed nah it’s kinda scary we can look that bad
What do you think of Virginia?

Reactions: christophero
3 things I liked. RJ and Zion were super, I'll take that as a given. 1. Bolden back sooner. He'll have a week under his belt by the sweet 16. 2. Alex providing offense off the bench. 3. We got our jitters out of the way and then exploded. We do start 4 freshman. Hopefully Sunday isn't a nail biter so we can see more Baker and AOC.

Reactions: Shatterthesky22
There’s a difference between NDST and UNC. This Duke team is good not great and for Zion to have one rebound in the first half against a smaller team is cause for concern. I’ll take the win for Duke but get down big again against an equal opponent might not be the same out come. “ Killers Kill” from start to finish not just the second half.
Call me a downer but it’s the truth. This is March not November give a team a taste for blood and Zion or no Zion, they won’t back down.
Got to play from start to finish like it’s your last game because well it just might be. K was also horse so if we think he wasn’t cussing at half time we can guess again.

Reactions: pisgah101
3 things I liked. RJ and Zion were super, I'll take that as a given. 1. Bolden back sooner. He'll have a week under his belt by the sweet 16. 2. Alex providing offense off the bench. 3. We got our jitters out of the way ad then exploded. We do start 4 freshman. Hopefully Sunday isn't a nail biter so we can see more Baker and AOC.
Agreed. If Baker and Alex can give us like four three's a game between them, that'd be amazing.

There’s a difference between NDST and UNC. This Duke team is good not great and for Zion to have one rebound in the first half against a smaller team is cause for concern. I’ll take the win for Duke but get down big again against an equal opponent might not be the same out come. “ Killers Kill” from start to finish not just the second half.
Call me a downer but it’s the truth. This is March not November give a team a taste for blood and Zion or no Zion, they won’t back down.
Got to play from start to finish like it’s your last game because well it just might be. K was also horse so if we think he wasn’t cussing at half time we can guess again.
We were down big? Look, the half was bad, we all agree there but, guess what? We came out and utterly annihilated them. We'll be fine, they're fresh man playing in their first NCAA tourney game, there were bound to be jitters.

So that makes the whining we see every game different? I don't buy just because they don't belong in the same thought as Duke, they can't play with heart. All these tournament teams are champions in their own right pretty much. It's only fans who think another team shouldn't be on the same court, but just as I have said about Duke, you can't judge a teams heart and fight. It don't only apply to Duke.

People can express their own feelings, but don't go into the Witness Protection Program when the whining looks foolish in the second half. Poster should try and be consistent right? I mean that's what some complain about with it comes to the teams play. I'm sure it's a lot easier on the couch than on the court.

I think they laid a brick in the first half and if I was a fan of them I’d be pissed with the effort and it makes it worse that they lost to a 16 last years no excuse to not be prepared
They looked like shit right? They still ended up winning and it wasn't close. Great teams have bad stretches, it happens man. Just got to remember just how ****ing great this team really is. They've stepped up to every challenge they've faced thus far, most of the time without a full deck of cards to play with. No reason to doubt them now. They're a special team, just gotta trust them. They haven't really let us down yet.

Can I come and live in your perfect world? Send me your grid coordinates.

So that makes the whining we see every game different? I don't buy just because they don't belong in the same thought as Duke, they can't play with heart. All these tournament teams are champions in their own right pretty much. It's only fans who think another team shouldn't be on the same court, but just as I have said about Duke, you can't judge a teams heart and fight. It don't only apply to Duke.

People can express their own feelings, but don't go into the Witness Protection Program when the whining looks foolish in the second half. Poster should try and be consistent right? I mean that's what some complain about with it comes to the teams play. I'm sure it's a lot easier on the couch than on the court.

I agree with the going into hiding but some games are cause for concern. First half was one of them. We looked great in the second but if they wanna whine about us looking bad (we did) let em. And your entire first thread is just foolish nobody should touch that crap

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT