ADVERTISEMENT

Official Gameday thread- Duke vs Wake

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
@Fourteen44 forgot to remind me this morning LOL.

Duke opens tonight as a 7 point favorite as we travel to Lawrence Joel to face the demon deacons on ACCN with a 630 tip.

Wake has an 8-4 record with their biggest wins against Georgia and Wisconsin, but brutal losses against Clemson and Rutgers. Wake is coached by a guy I’m a fan of, Steve Forbes. He has an overall coaching record if 327-132 including his head coaching time at community college. They had a great year last year with 25 wins. Before wake Steve was at my alma mater ETSU Where he was extremely successful. Forbes was an assistant at Tennessee, Witchita St, and Texas A and M

Duke- 77
Wake-60

Wake's last game was 3 days ago... Ours was 10 days ago. I expect some serious rust but we get it together in the second half.

Duke- 69
Wake-59

I expect an angry Wake team after the Rutgers blowout. They were already thinking about us, and Forbes will open the cage door tonight to a hungry bunch. I foresee a very tough backyard, big four ACC war. Duke by 5, 66-61.

OFC

I'm taking Duke giving up the points. I just don't see us winning by less than seven against these guys. If we do, that's a bad sign for the rest of the ACC season.

I'm saying Duke by 12ish.

We will come out rusty, and it will be close at halftime. Jon will get them clicking in the second half and we cruise to a 15 point win. Schutt plays some meaningful minutes and scores 12.

Duke 72
Wake 57

Without those two.
Wake 74
Duke 72.
Just feels like one of those buzzsaw games.
That said I'll be impressed if we come out with a W.
Not to be Debbie Downer but those guys cannot afford more missed time.
Young and Grandison need to show out tonight.

Last edited:
Wake's last game was 3 days ago... Ours was 10 days ago. I expect some serious rust but we get it together in the second half.

Duke- 69
Wake-59
Changing score due to Dariq and Lively being out. I'm assuming we're going with Roach, Proctor, Grandison, Mitchell and Flip? It's time for Schutt to show up and earn some minutes.

Duke-63
Wake 59

Reactions: AlanInNJ
I’ll be surprised if Duke runs away with it. We’ve been off, they just got thrashed, and it’s in Winston Salem. Great test for our kids.
Think we win by 5.

I want whatever you're smoking.
If Duke can’t beat this Wake team even with out Lively and Whitehead by ten then the practice remarks are smoke by Scheyer. The players playing we’re playing together when Lively and Whitehead were out .

Roach really struggling today, and our defense looks a step slow. Rebounding and boxing out is weak. Rusty and down two key players. We are in for a dogfight. Let's get to halftime within a possession or two at most, and we will be fine.

Reactions: christophero
If Duke can’t beat this Wake team even with out Lively and Whitehead by ten then the practice remarks are smoke by Scheyer. The players playing we’re playing together when Lively and Whitehead were out .
It's an ACC road game, and we're down two starters.

Has Fillipowski hit iron yet with a 3??? Looking really out of sorts now. Roach pushing things that aren't there, and we are on pace to shoot 30 3's.......at an 18% clip.

I get we need Whitehead and Lively but they have barely played much . Still scratching my head on Reeves .

Reactions: jeffrey236
Need to play Blakes and Grandison most of second half. Play your best players today or who is hot.

Need to play Blakes and Grandison most of second half. Play your best players today or who is hot.
No one is hot . Grandison is 1 for three and Blakes 1 of two . Duke needs to stop with the three no one is hitting them . Mitchell, Blakes and Grandison have hit one a piece .

A wide open airball 3. Yikes. Come on halftime!! Let's regroup and play some basketball. I really don't like all these 3s.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT