ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread- Duke vs ND

we really need to focus, so sloppy on both ends right now. One team is playing at 110%, the other is at 70%...we need to raise our effort, concentration and execution if we are to leave with the W

Roach or whoever our leader is needs to tell Flip to just be a great rebounder for the next 8 mins....forget scoring unless its a dunk...let others score..he's forcing it and its hurting us

Reactions: jamsession2
Whew. As I mentioned pregame, that spread seemed high. This team is not blowing anyone out on the road just yet. Mitchell played great. Flip was 2 of 12. Flip plays hard, but for a star he is awfully inefficient at the offensive end too often. Still, we got our first road win. Roach was huge down the stretch. Is Proctor okay? Hopefully not reinjured.

Reactions: Mac9192
We get the win but it’s not one to celebrate. Should’ve won by 20-30 points. Flip needs a sports psychologist and scheyer needs to be more than what seems like a warm body at this point. Almost half way through the season and we still look terrible

It’s a win, but man that was hard to watch. Mitchell has played well since his dad’s tweet. So maybe his dad knew what he was doing.
It’s not good when Roach is the only other guy that played well

We get the win but it’s not one to celebrate. Should’ve won by 20-30 points. Flip needs a sports psychologist and scheyer needs to be more than what seems like a warm body at this point. Almost half way through the season and we still look terrible
No way we were beating ND by 20-30. They're a good defensive team. Jon is doing more than being a warm body. What an awful take on his coaching.

Whew. As I mentioned pregame, that spread seemed high. This team is not blowing anyone out on the road just yet. Mitchell played great. Flip was 2 of 12. Flip plays hard, but for a star he is awfully inefficient at the offensive end too often. Still, we got our first road win. Roach was huge down the stretch. Is Proctor okay? Hopefully not reinjured.
Where did you see him reinjured? Didn't catch that but that's huge If true

It looks like Proctor took a misstep. Don't know exactly the time it happened but it was on the defensive end.

Reactions: christophero
May have been cramps or something minor. Sorry to be Debbie Downer let's assume he is okay. A road win is a road win, but right now we look like another 5 seed. Plenty of time to improve. The schedule gets tougher soon, but we are slowly improving.

No way we were beating ND by 20-30. They're a good defensive team. Jon is doing more than being a warm body. What an awful take on his coaching.
He is more than a warm body, but our team certainly looked ill-prepared for ND, and half time adjustments were almost nil - especially for Flip.

Thank goodness for Mitchell finding his shot (ugly as that 2nd 3 was) and his manhandling of his little slice of the pie or we would have lost by double digits.

We looked awful and made no significant adjustments for our best players.

He was limping at the end. That plus zero points made me think he might still be injured or reinjured. Maybe just minor or he landed wrong. We got our first road win, so I will focus on that.

They weren’t good defensively, we were bad offensively. Did we watch the same game?

So you mean to tell me the citadel could figure out a way to beat ND at home by 20 but it’s too much to ask a pretty experienced team of 5 stars to do the same?

Awful take on the expectations we should have from scheyer.

Reactions: BluePhil
He is more than a warm body, but our team certainly looked ill-prepared for ND, and half time adjustments were almost nil - especially for Flip.

Thank goodness for Mitchell finding his shot (ugly as that 2nd 3 was) and his manhandling of his little slice of the pie, or we would have lost by double digits.

I thought we made adjustments to get Mark going and Flip, too. Flip couldn't do anything. So we saw Mark had the hot hand and ran everything through him for the first eight minutes of the 2nd half. Jon is a damn good coach. He gets too much negative flack from our fanbase.

Jon is not coach K. No one is. He is doing a good job. I see the team improving, although very slowly. Thank God Mark has emerged or we would be in trouble.

Duke vs ND 1986 was the reason I became a Duke fan… the battle between JD and David Rivers was epic! Duke won by 1 point and I became a fan for life!
I remember that as well. NBC did a hellava job with cbb back then

Enberg and Al McGuire were the best team ever broadcasting. Ditto Madden/Summerall in football.

Reactions: KDSTONE
Relax Jimbo. He will be fine. Pitt will be another good road test Tuesday.

I thought we made adjustments to get Mark going and Flip, too. Flip couldn't do anything. So we saw Mark had the hot hand and ran everything through him for the first eight minutes of the 2nd half. Jon is a damn good coach. He gets too much negative flack from our fanbase.
He is growing into a good coach. I defended him multiple time last year and will still praise his growth. But he must have left his clipboard at Duke this game.

This was a shyte team and we are 1st round picks and 5 stars. As someone else pointed out they lost by 20 to Citadel at home. Not to mention tge other thrashing they have had.

Mark - no that wasn't adjusted just no one else coukd step up. Flip wasn't adjusted either. He got tge ball more but did the same shyte he did in the first half. I hardly call giving Flip the ball more and he does same as in the first half (that failed) an adjustment.

Scheyer was outclassed and we only won because 1 and 22 Mitchell was playing well overall and also got off 2 3's. Which let's be honest tgat 2nd one was Ugggly.

Reactions: ioliva

Thank goodness for Mitchell finding his shot (ugly as that 2nd 3 was) and his manhandling of his little slice of the pie or we would have lost by double digits.

My halftime adjustment for Flip would have been just quit forcing the issue. We just didn’t make shots. As far as Proctor goes, I wouldn’t be surprised if he and some others are dealing with the flu or something. It’s going around where I live.

Zero minutes from Stewart. 8 from Young and Blakes, which seems about right. Mitchell has provided some much needed toughness. 23 and 14; those are Elton Brand numbers. 8 of 12 from the field. 5-5 from the line. That is an elite game. Way to bounce back kid. He could be ACC player of the week.

Last edited:
They weren’t good defensively, we were bad offensively. Did we watch the same game?

So you mean to tell me the citadel could figure out a way to beat ND at home by 20 but it’s too much to ask a pretty experienced team of 5 stars to do the same?

Awful take on the expectations we should have from scheyer.
The same ND team that stomped UVA by 20+ and almost beat State this week. They're a much better team than they were when they lost to The Citadel. Awful take once again.

Reactions: dukesince91
It's a road win. Take it and move on, my god with some of these posts. Remember, just 4 days ago we looked pretty damn good, and have for basically the last month. Yes, it was ugly as hell, but much better than a loss.

As far as Proctor, it was on defensive end right at the free throw line. Don't know if that was it but from what I saw it looked like he took a couple to light limp steps. Anyone have a link where I can watch the whole game? I can probably pin point it

Edit- I'm in the process of rewatching it now on ESPN

Edit again- it's at the 3:07 mark. Looks like he took a misstep on his own. ND scored on that possession and then on Duke's possession, Flip got an and 1. Right after that Proctor was taken out.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT