ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread- Duke vs ND

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
⏰ 6:00
📍 ND Purcell Pavilion
📺 ACCN

Coming off a nice 20 point win against the orange crush Duke has a good chance against a bad team to quickly get a winning record in conference. Duke is currently favorably 14.5

Notre dame comes into today with a record of 6-8 with the strangest win coming against UVA by 22! They also lost to my regional team the WCU Catamounts! ND is coached by 1st year head coach and 18th ND coach of all time Micah Shrewsberry. Coach has had a pretty impressive coaching career so far so ND might not be a pushover for too long. He turned Penn State around in 2 seasons and was an assistant for the Celtics.

This is a game Duke should win handedly and I believe it’ll be one of those games where we feel in control the entire time but the end result is closer than it seems…

Duke- 77
ND-:70

Shrewsberry coaching history-
-Pres. Notre Dame – Head Coach
2021-23 Penn State – Head Coach
2019-21 Purdue – Associate Head Coach
2013-19 Boston Celtics – Assistant Coach
2011-13 Purdue – Assistant Coach
2008-11 Butler – Assistant Coach

⏰ 6:00
📍 ND Purcell Pavilion
📺 ACCN

Coming off a nice 20 point win against the orange crush Duke has a good chance against a bad team to quickly get a winning record in conference. Duke is currently favorably 14.5

Notre dame comes into today with a record of 6-8 with the strangest win coming against UVA by 22! They also lost to my regional team the WCU Catamounts! ND is coached by 1st year head coach and 18th ND coach of all time Micah Shrewsberry. Coach has had a pretty impressive coaching career so far so ND might not be a pushover for too long. He turned Penn State around in 2 seasons and was an assistant for the Celtics.

This is a game Duke should win handedly and I believe it’ll be one of those games where we feel in control the entire time but the end result is closer than it seems…

Duke- 77
ND-:70

Shrewsberry coaching history-
-Pres. Notre Dame – Head Coach
2021-23 Penn State – Head Coach
2019-21 Purdue – Associate Head Coach
2013-19 Boston Celtics – Assistant Coach
2011-13 Purdue – Assistant Coach
2008-11 Butler – Assistant Coach
The joint will be a JUMPIN' more than ever this year for THE TRUE BLUE!! Flip can't commit early fouls. You can bet Ayers, Lucky or TV Teddy will be there to help out ND. Devils win, but not a walk in the park:

69-60

OFC

I expect a battle. The Irish beat down UVA and led NCSU for almost 40 minutes.

I think we win the battle though something like 68-60

Reactions: hart2chesson
ND is 166 in Kenpom and REALLY struggles on offense. I don't think it's a blowout and I wouldn't hedge on us covering, but my guess is a 10-12 point type of win. Absolutely a team we should take care of if we are any type of legit threat.

Gonna be close. I feel good as we have been playing well lately. We may need some minutes from Young today, McCain has looked great, Mitchell should come up big again. Irish do not have a good record, so a L would not be good for the resume.
Duke 75
ND 70
.I've stood on the ND court; it's a special place with a lot of history.

The line is 14.5 for a reason. Think we win by 16.

I feel like we cover.

NCSU played horrible against ND - historically horrible for actually winning.

ND has been really bad in their losses and not stellar in anything except against UVA which has been reamed 3 times this year.

If we aren't clearing the bench with 5 minutes to go I'll be disappointed.

Welp, back on the road. Still looking for the first true road game win.

It looks like McCain and Mitchell are trending toward playing to their potential.

Should be enough to get the W. I feel good about it.

Unless we can’t throw the ball into the ocean I think we handle ND fairly easily. Agree Flip needs to stay out of early foul trouble. Our guards will get it done today.

ND 62
Duke 78

Reactions: JimboSlice00
At this rate we'll be lucky to see 10 min of the first half

Sounds like another horrible start

Mitchell has turned it over twice trying to drive and we are giving up offensive rebounds...plus Roach hit a 3 and they said he extended his leg to cause contact...and they took it away....weird start

Are we the Dallas cowboys of ACC basketball? Look so good at home but so average on the road?

Flip is having another horrible first half again. Mitchell not there today to save him. Both combined for 2 points

I remember taping a ND game in the 80's just to watch David Rivers. That guy was a fantastic PG.
Duke vs ND 1986 was the reason I became a Duke fan… the battle between JD and David Rivers was epic! Duke won by 1 point and I became a fan for life!

Duke is almost averaging 1 point a minute this first half, won’t win too many games that way.

Stupid espn choosing to show a ridiculous ending between two garbage teams

Sucks that we couldn’t see the first ten minutes… but did we even want to see it? Team looks nothing like the Baylor game. Those first ten minutes gave me goosebumps and now we suck against an awful Irish team

The deflections, the effort, the rhythm from the Cuse game is missing....hopefully second half they find that again

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
The analysts said that roach feels as if he didn’t lead the team in our losses

Totally agree. He took a huge step back in what the team does to proctor… who hasn’t looked like Any kind of elite nba guard at all. At some point I wonder if he ever regains his starting role

Up two and 2 from Flip and Proctor. Have to think that will improve and we start playing better, but Jon has to figure out how to get better on these road games.

Proctor/Mitchell/Flip havent produced anything on the offensive side..we need to feed McCain more, he's a baller. Very disappointing first half.

notre dame has been so bad this half and we still can’t buy a bucket

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT