ADVERTISEMENT

***OFFICIAL DUKE VS NORTH CAROLINA OFFICIAL GAMEDAYTREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
Big time. If memory serves correctly, Carolina hasn't won in the Dean Dome in it's last three tries. Let's make it four!

This game won't be easy for many different reasons but it starts with Justin Jackson who is playing the best basketball of his career. And he's a multi-threat player who can beat us in so many different ways. Have to contain him.

For us it's defense and shots. We cant
give up open shots and open driving lanes tomorrow and we have to hit shots. Grayson and Luke must play well for us to have a chance.

Game is slated for an 8:15pm est tip and will air on ESPNHD.

Duke 82

Carolina 77

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!

A couple of things that worry me. Turnovers and rebounding. Duke has turned the ball over way too much, and UNC punishes you when you do. And the Blue Devils can't get crushed on the boards...have to stay fairly close.

We have to make our 3's because that's what UNC is willing to give.
I believe we'll have to play one of our best games of the year to beat the Heels Saturday night. They'll be stoked to get a win over us.
Hope Grayson can move around better this game than last, 'cause we're gonna need our Tar Heel killa.

Duke 74
UNC 73

Go Blue Devils, and bust out the broom on the Heelz azz!

OFC

I feel like UNC wins this game and wins comfortably...I think it gets away from us in the second half.

UNC 84
Duke 70

I would feel more confident with a healthy Grayson, but we pull the win 77-75. Frank needs to have a big game if Grayson struggles. GTHC!!

Reactions: jcdevilfan
Big time. If memory serves correctly, Carolina hasn't won in the Dean Dome in it's last three tries. Let's make it four!

This game won't be easy for many different reasons but it starts with Josh Jackson who is playing the best basketball of his career.

Those bastards snuck in Josh Jackson! Their cheating ways never stop. We will still win

Go Duke

Don't know about the rest of you guys but first thing on my mind when I woke up this morning was game tonight. Does anyone have any meds I could have to help me thru the day? Then I find out cheating Holes bringing in Josh Jackson, oh no you're not! Really hope Grayson is on, first 10 minutes with him will tell a lot. Get the sweep!

Reactions: hart2chesson
Duke wins. But we all really win when we get to read on THR how they are actually the better team. We get to read Garys Shit and Stuff. That UNC has been through a tougher year than Duke because they have to live thru the unjust scandal. And that K paid the refs, at the Dean Dome mind you. But, nothing will top all of the Grayson jokes that he shouldn't even be allowed to play anymore and should never have been in the game to hit the buzzer beater.

Duke 84
Satans Taint 83

I'm really torn here. I would probably take Duke if Grayson were healthy. Duke has been getting up for big games. But UNC wins 80-73 and makes it 14 wins for them in the last 43 games.

Duke 79
UNCheat 74

I believe Harry will be the difference the game. The first meeting I felt he came in and made a huge difference. Hopes Coach K has been saving him down the stretch to have him unleashed against the cheats...

Start Frank tonight!! Allen spark off the bench with Harry and Bolden

We must stay out of foul trouble, and the Nosedome can cause the officials to make weird calls. In spite of making the money drop, I must say Grayson at less than 100% is making me pessimistic. However I have to go with our boys....I look for Harry and/or Marques to step up...

Good Guys, 86-81

OFC

Reactions: Mac9192
I'm way more optimistic than I probably should be with a one-legged Grayson Allen. Maybe it's the homer in me. Sue me.

Reactions: jcdevilfan and dbav
I feel like UNC wins this game and wins comfortably...I think it gets away from us in the second half.

UNC 84
Duke 70

Unfortunately I feel the same. Even if the Holes do win it will jack their recent record against Duke all the way up to, what would it be, 5 out of the last 18 for them?? Lol. After the way our seasons unfolded you know it is burning their asses like crazy having to, maybe, settle for a split. Haa.

I want this one badly. Duke hasn't had the season I hoped for and that makes this game all the more important. For all that has gone wrong, getting a sweep over the holes would go a long way towards making amends for what feels like a "lost" season. So much has gone wrong. Let's hope the guys and K finish strong.

Duke has won 3 straight at the Hill, so we are due for a loss. Vegas has UNC as 6.5 point favorite. I would've liked to see that number around 4, preferably less, but 4 wouldn't have been alarming. 6.5 is a bigger spread than I was expecting. If I had to pick a side to bet on, it would be UNC. I'm not betting on it however and will be all in for Duke tonight.

Let's Go Duke!!! GTHC, GTH.

I think for Duke to win tonight, they need a surprise performance. Frank or Harry having a special game might be just what Duke needs. It isn't the biggest factor, but one of them could be the difference maker. None of that matters if Duke doesn't shoot well, and play good D. I don't think Duke can win with only Luke, Jayson and Amile playing well. Frank and/or Harry must step up to push us over the top.

Reactions: hart2chesson

This game won't be easy for many different reasons but it starts with Justin Jackson who is playing the best basketball of his career. And he's a multi-threat player who can beat us in so many different ways. Have to contain him.

For us it's defense and shots. We cant
give up open shots and open driving lanes tomorrow and we have to hit shots. Grayson and Luke must play well for us to have a chance.

Game is slated for an 8:15pm est tip and will air on ESPNHD.

Duke 82

Carolina 77

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!

And we can't let meeks have a career game or anyone else by putting back slam dunks off missed tar heel shots. We must stop that transition game of theirs when we make a shot. We can't sit there and admire the shot while the heels are running that fast break. OFC

Grayson is the key. Duke will go as far as he can take them. Doesn't get specific but team has more pep when he's good

Reactions: Jnood and skysdad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT