ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS VIRGINIA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

SoCal I bleed for this team brother but facts are what they are. I hope and pray we come together ala 2015

If we play weak D and shoot FT’s poorly it will be an early exit. That true for most teams. And yes if it happens I’ll cry like a baby like I did last year. The real question is why do you NOT think that’s a recipe for disaster?

Doesn't matter what I think outside of me knowing you're a troll. All good. Keep crying, and trolling, like a baby. Night night troll.

First off what’s gane mean? And secondly I won’t explain my Duke fandom...I’m one of the newer posters and I haven’t made it into your click yet. So go call out someone else bro
What is click?

Last edited:
I just have zero time for the Duval bashing. Kid is doing plenty! These kids have zero time to develope before they are written off! I’m much more concerned with our Sr captain.
Exactly. I totally agree. It's pretty funny how much Duval's name comes up associated with the problem, then you have a seasoned veteran captain who you would never be able to tell on the court he has been here for 4 years. Right now, I'll take that freshman we once had named Grayson.

Reactions: SoCal_Dukie3
Exactly. I totally agree. It's pretty funny how much Duval's name comes up associated with the problem, then you have a seasoned veteran captain who you would never be able to tell on the court he has been here for 4 years. Right now, I'll take that freshman we once had named Grayson.
I am Grayson's biggest fan, but something's not right with his game. Personally, I think he's trying so hard to be the captain that his game is affected in a bad way.
Our 2 bigs accounted for 44 of 63 points. They are only 2 out of the whole team that's playing THEIR game, the others, most notably Grayson and then Duval, are off.
This team is the most talented team in the country, and it's being done with 2 important pieces not clicking. Let's be real about Duval, right now he is inconsistent.
The question is WILL Grayson find his swag. If so, everyone else is playing for 2nd place. I would like to think he will, but I'm not as confident as I was with him a month ago.

I’m not wanting to bash Duval. But between the poor 3 pt. shooting, poor free throw shooting, and poor decision making like that turnover today with a minute to go, his play is concerning.
I’ve got faith in Duval, but part of that faith is I no we have no other option to replace him
Take out free throw shooting, and what you just applied for a freshman point guard, who we all knew wasn' a good shooter before he got to Duke, sounds just like our senior captain. Grayson haven't given this team nothing this year except for a few games. We all have our opinions and can agree to disagree and still respect each others post. For me, I feel if we can get a small sample of the real Grayson, Duke would be almost unstoppable. The captain has lost his shooting stroke.

Take out free throw shooting, and what you just applied for a freshman point guard, who we all knew wasn' a good shooter before he got to Duke, sounds just like our senior captain. Grayson haven't given this team nothing this year except for a few games. We all have our opinions and can agree to disagree and still respect each others post. For me, I feel if we can get a small sample of the real Grayson, Duke would be almost unstoppable. The captain has lost his shooting stroke.
Reminds me of Singler's senior year, when his shot basically disappeared. Personally I have more hope for Duval than Grayson at this point, as his sophomore year is looking more the outlier than last year or most of this year.

I am Grayson's biggest fan, but something's not right with his game. Personally, I think he's trying so hard to be the captain that his game is affected in a bad way.
Our 2 bigs accounted for 44 of 63 points. They are only 2 out of the whole team that's playing THEIR game, the others, most notably Grayson and then Duval, are off.
This team is the most talented team in the country, and it's being done with 2 important pieces not clicking. Let's be real about Duval, right now he is inconsistent.
The question is WILL Grayson find his swag. If so, everyone else is playing for 2nd place. I would like to think he will, but I'm not as confident as I was with him a month ago.
Totally agree with you and yes Duval has been very inconsistent this year. But I would expect that coming from a freshman playing point guard at Duke or anywhere else. I'm having a hard time figuring out what is going on with Grayson. I'l still say, I wouldn' mind him coming off the bench and start AOC. Don' think it can really hurt that much to try. His head is not in the game for whatever reason.

Reactions: VaBlueDevil33
Everyone has a different reaction to a loss. To think criticism implies lack of fandom is patently false, as is labeling a "trust coach k' fan a sunshine pumper.

You obviously haven't seen his history - to think making about a comment about something you're not up to speed with implies knowledge is actually poor judgement. Trolls don't last here, even the ones who try to blend in. All good.

Last edited:
Totally agree with you and yes Duval has been very inconsistent this year. But I would expect that coming from a freshman playing point guard at Duke or anywhere else. I'm having a hard time figuring out what is going on with Grayson. I'l still say, I wouldn' mind him coming off the bench and start AOC. Don' think it can really hurt that much to try. His head is not in the game for whatever reason.
I don't think it's a good idea to bring Allen off the bench. Someway, somehow, he has to just loosen up a little. The other parts of his game are solid, he looks to get others involved, rebounds, its his lack of scoring that is the problem.
I think it goes hand in hand with him being the captain. The ironic stats about the best game they both have had (Michigan St) are that Duval, to go along with Grayson's 37 on 20 shots, had 17 points, 10 assists, and 6 steals.

Allen and Duval have to figure it out, being aggressive within the team. Allen more than Duval. Bagley & Carter are aggressive, and they're playing good.

I don't think it's a good idea to bring Allen off the bench. Someway, somehow, he has to just loosen up a little. The other parts of his game are solid, he looks to get others involved, rebounds, its his lack of scoring that is the problem.
I think it goes hand in hand with him being the captain. The ironic stats about the best game they both have had (Michigan St) are that Duval, to go along with Grayson's 37 on 20 shots, had 17 points, 10 assists, and 6 steals.

Allen and Duval have to figure it out, being aggressive within the team. Allen more than Duval. Bagley & Carter are aggressive, and they're playing good.

What could it hurt to bring Grayson off the bench a couple games or so? I mean it couldn't be any worse and it's not like he is LeBron or kobe

Hey folks, let's try to ponder a couple of things:
1. The best team won yesterday.
2. This young team took the #2 team in the country to the wire and had a chance to win, and it's only late in January.
3. The only person that hates to see Duke lose as much as we do, is Coach K!!
4. K and Staff still have Feb. & March to get the guards (at least 2 of them) to engage with the best 2 post players in College right now, and my money says they will do just that, especially Grayson.
5. The rough ride is not over yet, so let's try to be patient, not implode over every post we don't like (especially those that only show up to stir the pot), and enjoy the ride. We won't get to see these kids much longer, and I for one, sure enjoy watching them!
Oh, and by the way, keep in mind, IT'S GONNA BE OK!
Go Duke!
OFC

Good point. I'm just greedy, especially this year because of what we have inside. If Grayson can just find his game. He did pretty good last year coming off the bench. Don' know until maybe they try it. Something need to change, because he's not really giving much in my opinion. Look at his 3 point percentage this year.

Last edited:

And oddly, Grayson isn't even getting to the line these days much for us to take advantage of his automatkc makes there.

And oddly, Grayson isn't even getting to the line these days much for us to take advantage of his automatkc makes there.
Right. Something is just off, but we're going to need him for sure. I'm not as confident as most that in due time he will come around. I truly hope I'm wrong.

Just read that AOC has had the flu for the last 3 days before yesterday

Javin's hamstring was right when he went into game

Bolden is close to returning but wasn't quite there yesterday

Maybe that is the biggest reason we had no bench production in second half yesterday lol

Chill people

Just read that AOC has had the flu for the last 3 days before yesterday

Javin's hamstring was right when he went into game

Bolden is close to returning but wasn't quite there yesterday

Maybe that is the biggest reason we had no bench production in second half yesterday lol

Chill people
Ok everyone can stop pushing the panic button.

Ok everyone can stop pushing the panic button.
That came out at K's press conference yesterday, so who ever is still talking about why no bench after his press conference, that was available to watch themselves, well not sure what to say in regards to the Virginia game.

Side bar here. While watching the NCSU/unc game yesterday at work one of the unc fans commented on luke maye. He said for some reason that an NBA team did not draft him that he could see him going to the NFL as a tight end if he put on some weight and better still stay the same weight and be a wide receiver . He said with his height he would wear NFL defensive players out. I looked at him to get a take on if he was serious and seeing that he was I responded. " I agree with you. He would be a great NFL player .":rolleyes: OFC

Last edited:
Side bar here. While watching the NCSU/unc game yesterday at work one of the unc fans commented on luke maye. He said for some reason that an NBA team did not draft him that he could see him going to the NFL as a tight end if he put on some weight and better still stay the same weight and be a wide receiver . He said with his height he would wear NFL defensive players out. I looked at him to get a take on if he was serious and seeing that he was I responded. " I agree with. He would be a great NFL player .":rolleyes: OFC

Luke Bird playing in the NFL? So does that mean he's playing the wrong sport now? Those Heel fans, bless their little hearts, Sky!:D

OFC

Reactions: skysdad
Side bar here. While watching the NCSU/unc game yesterday at work one of the unc fans commented on luke maye. He said for some reason that an NBA team did not draft him that he could see him going to the NFL as a tight end if he put on some weight and better still stay the same weight and be a wide receiver . He said with his height he would wear NFL defensive players out. I looked at him to get a take on if he was serious and seeing that he was I responded. " I agree with you. He would be a great NFL player .":rolleyes: OFC
I mean what can you really say to somebody that thinks like that lol?

Reactions: skysdad
I think the team knows what cost them the game against UVA and they will make the adjustments. Allen just needs to loosen up and enjoy his senior year. He didn't need to slap Guy's hand away when he offered to help him up.

I think the team knows what cost them the game against UVA and they will make the adjustments. Allen just needs to loosen up and enjoy his senior year. He didn't need to slap Guy's hand away when he offered to help him up.

That was just in frustration but yeah, I didn't like it either

I mean what can you really say to somebody that thinks like that lol?

Exactly and he really thought I meant it. Truly one of those special moments only an unc fan can give. Bless his heart and it was his birthday. He was giving berry the devil all day and wanted maye to run point. OFC

That was just in frustration but yeah, I didn't like it either

Surely everyone knows I'm not a troll, so hopefully I won't get blasted for saying this. But there is also a video going around that shows what many people think is a trip attempt on Guy. I don't know if it is, but it at a least looks unnatural.

I feel like Grayson has to be dealing with things off the court. He just hasn't been what we know he can be.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
yes graysons shot has been off, but this is grayson 4th completely new offense and role....i think having the great size in bagley and carter negates graysons ability to slash into the paint and get fouled because they keep it so clogged...instead he is looking to feed and hunting his jump shot....i would like to see bag/carter really screen a bit more and stay with the screen giving a guard a good lane to drive as a opposed to half hearyed screens and rushing back into the paint...imo

Surely everyone knows I'm not a troll, so hopefully I won't get blasted for saying this. But there is also a video going around that shows what many people think is a trip attempt on Guy. I don't know if it is, but it at a least looks unnatural.

I feel like Grayson has to be dealing with things off the court. He just hasn't been what we know he can be.

No one thinks you're a troll, Mpm. I saw that vid too, but there is contact between the screener, and Grayson which seems to knock Grayson off balance...if you notice his 2 feet come together almost on top of one another. It looks like he tries to regain his balance by swinging out his back leg.

The other thing is, this is what it's come to...the haters play every damn game back frame by frame looking for anything even remotely looking out of the ordinary when it comes to Grayson. If you do this to any player you can come up with plays that can be argued into almost any agenda you want.
I bet no one was too worried about the Virginia player swinging his elbow into Grayson's face. Holy hell would have broken out if that were reversed.

OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT