ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS VIRGINIA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

There’s not a Frank Jackson on the bench to replace Grayson, so I don’t think we can bench him. Plus this is his Senior year, I think we are gonna be able to count on him.
Javin is kind of a mess lately especially with all that fouling. I hope Bolden can give us some good minutes soon

Why can't we bench him to start the game? I mean he isn't LeBron or something

Start him on the bench till first TV time out and see if that helps cause obviously starting and playing 40 minutes isn't working

Why can't we bench him to start the game? I mean he isn't LeBron or something

Start him on the bench till first TV time out and see if that helps cause obviously starting and playing 40 minutes isn't working
He’s not above a benching, but hell, I’d bench Duval right now before I’d bench Grayson.
For the record though, I wouldn’t bench anybody right now. We’ve got our best 5 figured out. If O’Connell or somehow Goldwire became the starter, that would be a bad sign for our season

I just have zero time for the Duval bashing. Kid is doing plenty! These kids have zero time to develope before they are written off! I’m much more concerned with our Sr captain.

Reactions: VaBlueDevil33
I just have zero time for the Duval bashing. Kid is doing plenty! These kids have zero time to develope before they are written off! I’m much more concerned with our Sr captain.
I’m not wanting to bash Duval. But between the poor 3 pt. shooting, poor free throw shooting, and poor decision making like that turnover today with a minute to go, his play is concerning.
I’ve got faith in Duval, but part of that faith is I no we have no other option to replace him

I’m not wanting to bash Duval. But between the poor 3 pt. shooting, poor free throw shooting, and poor decision making like that turnover today with a minute to go, his play is concerning.
I’ve got faith in Duval, but part of that faith is I no we have no other option to replace him

True and playing just 5 players the entire second half isn't helping things either

Reactions: germantondevil
I feel you. I can't believe I have to miss this because I have to go to my wife's-brother's-girlfriend's-son's birthday party. Definitely will be catching the replay tonight.

I actually got to see most of the last 13 or 14 minutes of the 2nd half 'cause my mother-in-law had the tv tuned to the Duke game when I got there to visit her at the hospital.

Now I'm disappointed we lost, I mean all of us are, but Virginia is very good, and our guys are only about 20 games into their only season of college ball. The experience of our players in a game against this type of pressure will only bring dividends down the road. Missing fts suck, but we know that's going to happen time to time with this group. K and Grayson need to figure out how to get him untracked. If that happens, with the gradual improvement in our defense, we're going to do some serious damage in the NCAA's. The best is yet to come, I truly believe that.

OFC

True and playing just 5 players the entire second half isn't helping things either

I totally understand this bothering people. But on the other hand, I can't understand why people are still surprised by how little K uses his bench.

Javin brings energy, and sometimes it has a positive impact. Hopefully Bolden will be ready soon, because he certainly plays more under control than Javin

Our monsters down low played well enough to where Trevon/Grayson/Gary needed to give us a C+ game. They turned in a D-.

Our monsters down low played well enough to where Trevon/Grayson/Gary needed to give us a C+ game. They turned in a D-.
That’s true.
If we are gonna play all that zone in the 2nd half, it wouldn’t have hurt to play Alex some then. If nothing else it gives us another shooter out there. He got beat bad twice in the 1st half in man, but I’ve liked what I’ve seen out of Alex in zone

Reactions: dukesince91
I feel so bad for Bagley & Carter....
They play SO hard every game and never stop going. Any team with above average guards will abuse us, ours are just not that great.

Alex and Javin do play pretty well in the zone. I remember a lot of deflections from those guys. Didnt they do well against MSU?

Reactions: GillJET
I'm a little surprised that no one has mentioned end of game composure for our loss today. (maybe they did and I missed it) When crunch time came we just didn't play well but Virginia did. Maybe thats their experience and maybe its good coaching or a combo of the two. Grayson isn't the Grayson of old and our go to guys have certainly changed, Thats not a bad thing as Bags and Wendell are great players and you can figure they will always have good to great games but we have to have a guard who is lighting it up each game or we might and do lose some close ones. There are many great thing this Duke team does and some glaring things they do poorly and we all know what they are. Many on here say we'll be ok or don't worry we'll figure it out. We hear that every time we don't play well but its causing me a good amount of concern because the season will be over quicker than a wink. With our upcoming schedule we shouldn't lose but maybe 1 or 2 more regular season games if any. But come tournament time we have to be hitting on all cylinders for most of each game.

No, no you haven't. Your gane is tired already. Impressive.
First off what’s gane mean? And secondly I won’t explain my Duke fandom...I’m one of the newer posters and I haven’t made it into your click yet. So go call out someone else bro

The loss sucked and most of us are still pissed. But like I said in another thread, if we get it together and win the national title, I won't care at all who won today. I can't tell you a single ACC game we lost in 2010, but I sure as hell remember beating Butler and watching the confetti fall. Today meant nothing except we have to play bad and Va has to play good to barely eek out a 2 point win against us. I still think we have a chance at 6.

The loss sucked and most of us are still pissed. But like I said in another thread, if we get it together and win the national title, I won't care at all who won today. I can't tell you a single ACC game we lost in 2010, but I sure as hell remember beating Butler and watching the confetti fall. Today meant nothing except we have to play bad and Va has to play good to barely eek out a 2 point win against us. I still think we have a chance at 6.
Agreed

The 91 championship team lost 7 games. The '01 team lost 4. The game we all really want is still over 2 months away. A whole lot of improvement can happen by then. We have barely played more than half the games we will play, assuming we make a deep run. We really played bad for a lot of stretches today, and a few more free throws or that really long 3 they hit towards the end misses and we still win even as bad as we got out played.

Reactions: BlueDaveil
First off what’s gane mean? And secondly I won’t explain my Duke fandom...I’m one of the newer posters and I haven’t made it into your click yet. So go call out someone else bro

You won't "explain" your trolling, yet you respond. Brilliant. Your game is tired, as I said. You're not fooling anyone, and your time here will be limited. Enjoy it.

Well let’s lock up the 2 seed in conference and beat UVA in the ACC title game. We are starting to get into the “1 seed in the West or 2 seed in the south talk”

I
You won't "explain" your trolling, yet you respond. Brilliant. Your game is tired, as I said. You're not fooling anyone, and your time here will be limited. Enjoy it.[/QUOTE

Still not a troll. Been a duke fan since 91. My all time fav team is the 01 team. Fav player was Battier and I saw my first duke game Jan of 2011. Road game at WF which we won. I remember Len Elmore did the game. I was surprised at how tall he was. I got pics with Seth Curry and Ryan Kelly. The 2 losses that still hurt the most are the 99 and 04 games against UCONN. I’m still sore at William Avery for going pro after that. Most satisfying win came against WVU in the final four which we won 78-57. I’m from WV so it was special

But it'll be a first weekend exit, remember?
If we play weak D and shoot FT’s poorly it will be an early exit. That true for most teams. And yes if it happens I’ll cry like a baby like I did last year. The real question is why do you NOT think that’s a recipe for disaster?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT