ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS VIRGINIA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

I agree with those that have said that turnovers and free throws are what cost us this game. We missed 6 free throws, if we make just half of the free throws that we missed then we win by 1.

I think we are showing how good we can be. Our defense is starting to get better. We just had some turnovers and free throws missed. The way our schedule is looking the only tough games we have are at unc and Clemson. We can win both of those the way they aren’t both playing. And cards and cuse at home. I like our chances still for one seed

Grayson played poorly. Bagley and Carter are our best players. The offense should run through them. When Allen tries to play hero ball we lose.

Trevon made some bad decisions.

I think we are showing how good we can be. Our defense is starting to get better. We just had some turnovers and free throws missed. The way our schedule is looking the only tough games we have are at unc and Clemson. We can win both of those the way they aren’t both playing. And cards and cuse at home. I like our chances still for one seed
Our defense is horrible?! Not seeing what people here are!

Free throws and turnovers. Duvals was a killer. Live and learn. Probably takes the ACC crown out of reach. I really can’t stand UVA. They had no business winning that game.
I'm with ya. I should probably be more appreciative given how poorly Duke plays defense but I just can't enjoy a game involving UVA, especially with how this one went.

This team grew up. To loose at home is never a good thing but with that said this Duke team is what it is.

With two months left in the season it can be an early round exit or go all the way. Just no telling

Reactions: tripleb71
Sorrry just bitter especially having about 50 uva fans waiting to bite my head off ..lol and not to u show :)

Reactions: tripleb71
Freshmen mistakes, turnovers, and free throws. If we were just 5%better in any of those categories, we would have won. We can correct these things, but it is almost February so time is running thin.

Last edited:
Reactions: DukeDenver
We played even with UVA, but they have the smarter team. Great game by UVA. Our defense sucked in crunch time. Grayson is playing like a role player in the last 10 games. We can fix some things and be better. A home loss to Tony Bennett hurts my soul.

Reactions: dbav
Virginia had a open shot every possession it looked like lol or passed one up early ... just sad effort too

Some of ya'll are UNREAL! We lost by a couple of points at home which sucks, but it was to one of the top teams in the nation. AND we came so close to making them fold that they started lashing out and tossing around elbows and getting in people's faces.

There's no reason to be doom and gloom or take shots at the team.

That late turnover by Duvall hurt bad. If we scored on that posession, I think we win
We couldn't take anything away from UVA offensively and they only had 5 turnovers...UVA is good at what they do... hell we can't even make free throws.. Hopefully free throws get better or we ain't sniffing nowhere near a national championship...

Quick turn around for the 5 guys who played the whole second half. A whole different dynamic on offense against Notre Dame.

We did not play well. Virginia came into our house and basically pushed us around dictated most of the game. Hopefully this pisses everyone off bigtime. In the locker room, not on this board lol.

My only small gripe does any else notice that Carter's and Bagley screens are kinda half hearted and not really plumlee like..lol....just kinda seems they run out there for show but don't really do anything???

I don't think the joker is really a Duke fan.....come clean dude. Who's your team? Ky? Heels?.....no wait, I kinda peg you as a Vermont kinda guy.

Freshmen mistakes, turnovers, and free throws. If we were just 5%better in any of those categories, we would have won. We can correct these rhings, but it is almost February so time is running thin.

I HATE the freshman mistake excuse....they are AAU elite players, 20 games into a season - so they've played untold amounts of basketball....there are no excuses for poor entry passes, poor decisions like Duvals...missing FT's is not a FR mistake its lack of application or concentration. 3 front ends of 1 and 1's were missed...in a game of these margins that is crucial and does not come from being a freshman.

Reactions: pisgah101
Grayson played poorly. Bagley and Carter are our best players. The offense should run through them. When Allen tries to play hero ball we lose.

Are you aware that you cry like a two year old here after every loss. Why do you post here? Are you one of those dudes that just gets off being the guy everybody can't stand? Cause you're that guy here. Really.

I don't think the joker is really a Duke fan.....come clean dude. Who's your team? Ky? Heels?.....no wait, I kinda peg you as a Vermont kinda guy.
Coming from Kentucky I could give 2 squats what u think

Duke will be fine. Remember our 14-15 team lost to @ NC State, Miami (@ home), @ Notre Dame, Notre Dame in the Semi-Finals of the ACC Tournament and that season ended well for our Blue Devils.

I can't shake the feeling that we only go as far as Grayson takes us this season. He HAS to get it figured out for this team's sake.
Can’t get open when Carter’s left alone constantly out there! Lol o well

Allen does need to get going on offense without forcing the issue. Our guards need to be ready to score when they are doubling down on Bags and Carter.

I don’t care that we'll be fine! Because I know we will! I’m saying gotta hear about this for a long time!!! This is like a title win for them lol never hear end of it that’s it ...

My only small gripe does any else notice that Carter's and Bagley screens are kinda half hearted and not really plumlee like..lol....just kinda seems they run out there for show but don't really do anything???
Interesting comment. The two of them kept us in the game, but I kind of see what you're saying. I keep saying it, but Grayson is our key. Some how, some way, he has to be better offensively than he was today. I don't know if it's his fault, teammates fault, or a combination of both.
We will go as far as a smiling Grayson will take us. He's our energy.

It's ironic that when he's scoring he's smiling.

The same things that have hurt us all year costed us a game today. We don’t box out on the defensive glass, we shoot free throws poorly and we are careless with the ball.

UVA was ready to play from the tip, we showed up in the second half.

Against a lot of teams we can continue to make these mistakes and still win. But not against a Virginia. I thought we had cleaned some of this stuff up and I thought Virginia was over rated. I was double wrong today.

If you haven’t figured out the one guy on here is a troll yet idk what to tell you.

Where have you been, the offense does run throw them...Grayson was barely involed in the offense today.. Duval,doesn't try to get the ball to him and there have been quite a few games where Grayson has been open and din got the ball or should have been given the ball to make something happen and he hasn't...he can't get in rhythm... Duval made freshman mistakes today and we can't shoot free throws...

Reactions: Mac9192
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT