ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS VIRGINIA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
Biggest game of the season to date. It's got two game swing in the ACC implications and truthfully, if we want to stay in contention for the ACC, it's not a must win, but close.

I've truly been impressed when watching the Cavs play this year. It might be Coach Bennett's best coaching job to date. Kyle Guy is the closest thing they have to a true super-star - which I don't think I would label him that. They are just as solid of a "team" as there is. Couple that with arguably the best defensive coach and team in college basketball, Virginia has an outstanding basketball team this season. They can absolutely suffocate you into submission on the defensive end (just ask Clemson).

That's what makes this such an interesting matchup to me. Although FSU isn't the defensive team that Virginia is, that matchup was still dubbed as a great offense against a great defense - and we put up 100 in the win. Tomorrow will be equally as interesting, probably more so.

We come in as a -4.5 favorite and are undefeated at home this year. I think we keep it up at home and hand Virginia its first conference loss of the season which will also allow us to continue climbing the national rankings and hopefully put both of our bad road losses to bed (yes, I'm still angry at both of them lol).

Today's game is slated for a 2pm est tip and will be a nationally televised game on CBS.

Duke 74

Virginia 69

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: DukeDenver
I think we speed the game up in them and our bigs are too much for them to handle, all leading to a double digit win

Duke- 72
Va- 62

Reactions: QC Dukie
Gonna need 40 solid minutes, men. When the buzzer sounds....

TOO MUCH DUKE!

Duke- 68
UVa- 61

Furious rally in the second half to win 80-68.

Virginia hasn’t won at Duke since 1995. Not happening in our house tomorrow. Our high powered offense scores just enough to get the job done.

Duke: 67
UVA: 59

Let’s Go Duke!!!

I want this one badly...and I'm not going to be able to see it. Guys keep the faith, and if things don't look so well, don't give up on our boys, 'cause they won't.

Duke 71
UVA 69

Go Duke, kick that WaHoo ass!

OFC

Reactions: Mpm277 and skysdad
I’ll be on a plane for the game and will miss it live. :(

Unless we are horribly cold from 3 I cannot see a scenario where we don’t win. Carter and Bagley are too much for UVA to handle inside. They will double down but they can’t double both of them. Lots of kick outs for open threes. Add in reasonable outside shooting from Allen, Trent, OAC, and yes, Duval and we win by 10+. We’ve got to speed them up and stretch them out. I agree with others that there’s no way UVA can keep up with us in a shootout.

Duke 76
UVA 62

Go Duke!!

My son has a basketball game at 2, so I’m gonna watch the replay if possible. Tony Bennett and his players want this so bad. The question is: how bad do we want it? Grayson needs to set the tone.
Duke 76
UVA 68

Reactions: Dad2ze
My son has a basketball game at 2, so I’m gonna watch the replay if possible. Tony Bennett and his players want this so bad. The question is: how bad do we want it? Grayson needs to set the tone.
Duke 76
UVA 68
Same here. My daughter has a game at 1:30, my son has AAU workouts at 3:30, have to be at church for revival at 5.....whew gonna be hard not to check my phone or the board.

Duke - 78
UVA - 71

I have to work as well and will miss the game also. I've been bummed out since I saw the start time early in the week.

Duke 79
VA 72

If Gary stays hot from three point range and Grayson continues to hit his shots to go with our inside strength, we should win. DUKE by 6 to 8 points!!!
OFC

I just have a feeling we are gonna win this one. K is the master at preparing his team.

Duke 72
Yahoos 65

Going to be a battle. As hard as beating Datt at Scrabble.

That would be difficult. I agree and sincerely salute Datt with that compliment!

Ok for prediction I like Duke to win and cover the spread, 72-65.....

OFC

Last edited:
Now Hart.......do you see my score prediction?? Hahahaha

QC unreal! No i did not because I was copying remark from Mac and missed it! Just saw it- back to back identical scores bizarre! I am basing it on couple things: I think Duke speeds UVA up just enough for such a score, AND it would cover the over/under (136.5) by half a point. Btw QC, Duke has now moved to a 5 point favorite..

Fingers crossed my friend!!! OFC

QC unreal! No i did not because I was copying remark from Mac and missed it! Just saw it- back to back identical scores bizarre! I am basing it on couple things: I think Duke speeds UVA up just enough for such a score, AND it would cover the over/under (136.5) by half a point. Btw QC, Duke has now moved to a 5 point favorite..

Fingers crossed my friend!!! OFC
Don’t sweat it. We got this.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Feeling very good. Not sure this one will ever be in doubt! 2 early losses, due to lack of preparation, make it easy to forget how damn good this squad is!!! D has been good and getting better. Rotation is established. Communication has been good. Things are falling in place

Nation be on Alert

Virginia is not good at rebounding, they aren’t an offensive juggernaut either. They haven’t seen a team like us yet. I think we beat the hell out of them.

Reactions: QC Dukie
Brother QC, hope so!!! As I told someone yesterday playing UVA is like having a root canal.....

OFC
I’ve had a couple of those so I’m prepared. I honestly don’t think they beat us at Cameron. I could be wrong, but I have a very good feeling about this game.

Ok I’ll say it, beatdown city.

Duke: 83
Virginia: 57

Duke wins 83-70. UVA hits 70 with 5 minutes to go and completely freeze because they have never scored so much so Duke ends on a 15-0 run

Reactions: Mac9192
Will be interesting to see if the home team continues to improve their "D" today. Most of the Virginia concentration will probably be on Bags & Carter, so I believe Grayson needs a big game, and Trent must continue to play well. Duval staying under control would be huge, and very damaging to the Hoos. How about another Michigan State game performance Grayson?! This would be a huuuuuuge win for this young team, and I think Duke will find a way to pull this one out.
Go Duke!
OFC

Duke by double digits. Rebounding and second chance points will kill them. Hopefully this is one of those games we have a good free throw percentage.

I want this one badly...and I'm not going to be able to see it. Guys keep the faith, and if things don't look so well, don't give up on our boys, 'cause they won't.

Duke 71
UVA 69

Go Duke, kick that WaHoo ass!

OFC

I feel you. I can't believe I have to miss this because I have to go to my wife's-brother's-girlfriend's-son's birthday party. Definitely will be catching the replay tonight.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT