ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs Tenn game day thread

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
Since I would feel stupid naming a thread “elite eight day two” with just one game outside of our own we’ll just roll with this-

Purdue is dang good and playing well.. they played back in November and Purdue won by 4. I think this one will be the close game of the day. I want Tennessee to win regardless of our outcome (would love a flip revenge game on them) both teams have coaches that tend to chock so it could be a real interesting game

Tenn-77
Purdue-74

I think we match up better with Tennessee, that said if we don’t make it to the final four or natty I’d rather have a team that can actually beat UConn there, and Tennessee isn’t it. On top of that, lots of respect for Purdue and wouldn’t mind seeing them win it all anyway, so I hope they smack UT around.

And also, screw UT.

I don't want Rick Barnes to see another final four. Just like Sampson, the dude is a scumbag. I like Matt Painter, and his kids play a tough but clean game. But I fear Tennessee will get them today.

Edey is more than a handful, and I think they win if his supporting cast shows up.

Knecht is red hot and Purdue can't make any outside shots. Tennessee doing a good job denying the ball to Edey and pushing him out the paint.

It don’t matter who wins . I think ( please don’t laugh) Duke is the only team remaining that can score with UCONN and even I don’t think we could win . It would take every players best game . UCONN is just too complete of a team .

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
I think we have a better shot at beating the Vols than Purdue. So I am hoping the Vols win, and then we win. If we lose to U Conn in the title game that would be a great season. Obviously winning it all is better.
Edit: looks like Purdue is going to win.

You actually see this a lot. A team gets bounced early in a humiliating fashion and then makes a run the next year. It depends on how you respond. Respect to Purdue. It's rare for a 1 seed to get everyone back, if not for last year's collapse they would be the favorites.

I liked Edey until I heard this. Can't call out another coach by his name. I don't like Barnes either but what's wrong is wrong

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT