ADVERTISEMENT

Duke VS UK

Ford I agree he will be a top 3 pick, I agree he is ultra talented. I don't agree that you can anoint him as the best scoring big man after 2 games. Kenpom has Albany at 127 and NJIT at 160, who cares if they were tourney teams last year, players come and go and teams change dramatically from year to year. Skal is a great talent, now he has to show it against a real opponent, talented players who have a HOF coach behind them.

This game can go either way. Both teams are capable of pulling off the win. It means very little as to how the season goes for other team.

My question is how old are you pishah101?
I'm 25 lol and a Duke fan. I said that as a sarcastic joke in case you didn't get that

60 year olds don't troll and i got the humor. I thought the statement from the Cat fan about Skal being the best big man at shooting was funny too.

Reactions: Showenuff
I'm 45. Still got a little spunk.

What are we fighting about again? I'd rather we just go get a bucket of bud lights and some wings and enjoy the game.

Either way, let me know what's on everyone's plate.

Good luck Tuesday to all my buddies here. ;)

Derryck Thornton needs to have a game. Our taller guards need to get low on defense. This will be a battle of guards. The bigs just need to board.

I Think Skal will have his way with Amile, Skal is a unique big man who has one of the best jump shots I've seen from anyone 6'11. UK 78-73!
Durrant, Aldridge, Duncan,Dirk, Rasheed Wallace, Kevin Love.... Please stop making yourself look foolish

I don't know if the best team wins it every year, but I DO KNOW the best team won it last year.

OFC
Not going by MOV, MOV against ranked opponents, W/L record, Kenpom, BPI, Sagarin, Massey, etc..

And yes, as someone pointed out, we slid by our 3 seed (ND) and could've lost there. But there are such things as up games and down games - you guys beat your five seed by 6 points, we beat ours by 40. Ish happens, and if enough of it happens at one time on one night, a great team can go home early. If you just go by first 6 straight postseason games, neither the '96 bulls nor the '15 warriors would've "won it all".

But look, it's nothing like '14 where an inferior team got hot and won it and you can point to it as an example of the meaninglessness of single elimination (would've been just as silly if UK had won - Florida was the best team that year and they dropped a big fat clunker against UCONN).

This is more like '91 (UNLV) or 99 (Duke), where the best team dropped a down-to-the-last-minutes loss to another great squad, and a truly great alternate champion took home the trophy instead.

Last year was so absurdly good, there were legitimately five different teams that would've likely been #1 in 2013 or 2014 or 2016 (including a healthy Virginia).

Reactions: KyFord
I'm not much for trash talk. This game is very early and both teams will look totally different by years end. I pop in here from time to time and talk basketball. For,the most part it's good discussions. I've noticed ( just like rafters). Some of the young bucks and newbies stick their foot in their mouth. This will be a good game with two young teams. To say anyone will dominate is just crazy talk at this point. Skal is good but he is soft at the moment. He doesn't have his timing down on defense. That said the poster that said We have nobody to guard Grayson and Grayson will neutralize Murray , hasn't really evaluated our roster. I'm not saying Murray will go off against Duke but he will be one of the top guards by years end. Also we are so guard heavy it's ridiculous. Ulis ( already one of the best in the game, number one PG briscoe, Murray is a phenom and supposed to be a senior in HS . His play in pan am games and 30 points against USA was amazing. Then you have Matthews , Hawkins and Willis who is coming on strong. U.K. Is not loaded in the frontcourt like years past. We are solid and deep 1-4

Not going by MOV, MOV against ranked opponents, W/L record, Kenpom, BPI, Sagarin, Massey, etc..

And yes, as someone pointed out, we slid by our 3 seed (ND) and could've lost there. But there are such things as up games and down games - you guys beat your five seed by 6 points, we beat ours by 40. Ish happens, and if enough of it happens at one time on one night, a great team can go home early. If you just go by first 6 straight postseason games, neither the '96 bulls nor the '15 warriors would've "won it all".

But look, it's nothing like '14 where an inferior team got hot and won it and you can point to it as an example of the meaninglessness of single elimination (would've been just as silly if UK had won - Florida was the best team that year and they dropped a big fat clunker against UCONN).

This is more like '91 (UNLV) or 99 (Duke), where the best team dropped a down-to-the-last-minutes loss to another great squad, and a truly great alternate champion took home the trophy instead.

Last year was so absurdly good, there were legitimately five different teams that would've likely been #1 in 2013 or 2014 or 2016 (including a healthy Virginia).

WTF is an "alternate champion"? THERE WAS ONLY ONE CHAMPION LAST YEAR, AND THAT WAS DUKE! Championships are not won on paper, they are won on the hardwood. They are won with blood, sweat, and tears! They are won by teams that don't wilt under the pressure, but rather thrive on it. True champions are tested by the fires of battle and come out stronger, more united, and more determined to take their place on top. They don't take the easy way, they live for the challenge of adversity, and they feast on the spoils of victory. They are not UK! THEY ARE TRUE CHAMPIONS! THEY ARE DUKE!

Keep coming up with the excuses UKorrupt fans, I really enjoy reading them. Duke was the better TEAM last year, and it showed.

Reactions: pisgah101
WTF is an "alternate champion"? THERE WAS ONLY ONE CHAMPION LAST YEAR, AND THAT WAS DUKE! Championships are not won on paper, they are won on the hardwood. They are won with blood, sweat, and tears! They are won by teams that don't wilt under the pressure, but rather thrive on it. True champions are tested by the fires of battle and come out stronger, more united, and more determined to take their place on top. They don't take the easy way, they live for the challenge of adversity, and they feast on the spoils of victory. They are not UK! THEY ARE TRUE CHAMPIONS! THEY ARE DUKE!
Earlier in this thread one of your own posters claimed that your 98 team was the best team that year even though you were beat and Kentucky won the Championship.

Reactions: Jkwo
Random question...

How many Duke fans here are from the state of North Carolina or attended college at Duke?

Random question...

How many Duke fans here are from the state of North Carolina or attended college at Duke?

Random question: How many UK fans actually have all their teeth?

See, it is easy to be needlessly ignorant. You are attempting to denigrate someone's fandom because they did not attend the university (and don't be coy - that is exactly what you were doing). I would call that ignorant. People can cheer for whomever they want, and that is true at all levels. Do you like a professional football team? I'm assuming you didn't play for the Patriots or someone, correct?

Random question: How many UK fans actually have all their teeth?

See, it is easy to be needlessly ignorant. You are attempting to denigrate someone's fandom because they did not attend the university (and don't be coy - that is exactly what you were doing). I would call that ignorant. People can cheer for whomever they want, and that is true at all levels. Do you like a professional football team? I'm assuming you didn't play for the Patriots or someone, correct?
And KY don't have a pro team so by his theory he can't root for anyone. And I highly doubt more than 5% of ky fans went to UK so this is really stupid but I'll answer anyway I'm from NC but went to ETSU

Keep coming up with the excuses UKorrupt fans, I really enjoy reading them. Duke was the better TEAM last year, and it showed.
I personally think this is debatable, but it's really not worth debating.

It's not debatable that duke is the 2015 ncaa national men's basketball champions. But any time you have a one and done tournament and the games are very close, throwing out definitives is not very objective. Especially when one team played better opponents in the E8 and National semi than the other team played until the finals.

Why is it every unc and Kentucky fan, as soon as they don't like the facts getting in the way, ask if you're from North Carolina? That's neat that unc fans all attended unc and all Kentucky fans attended Kentucky. Don't be such a dumbass man. Somebody lock this thread up, it's slipping into seven levels of stupididty.

Reactions: pisgah101
Skal won't dominate IMO and with Matt jones on Murray I think he'll keep him from blowing up.. Grayson on the other hand UK literally have nobody that can check him so I think that should give us the ultimate edge

Have you seen Isaiah Briscoe? I don't know if UK will win or not; I think it's a 50/50 game. But I do know that a lot of folks on this board are underselling Murray and Briscoe. I realize Allen has been great the first two games, and he is a very good player. But to say UK has nobody that can check him is absurd.

Kentucky fan here...

I can't wait for the game tomorrow and absolutely think it's a toss-up. Lots of intriguing matchups like Allen vs Ulis & potentially Murray vs Ingram. Duke has the length advantage so it will be interesting to see if UK stays small or goes big with Willis at the 3 to match up with Ingram.

Ulis & Murray haven't shot the ball well in the first two non-exhibition games; UK has no shot if those two don't make outside shots.

Skal is really good when facing the basket & is nearly unguardable because he's 6'11" who elevates well on his jump shot. He's not very physical and Duke can easily get him in foul trouble.

Look for UK to try and get to the rim. I suspect UK coaches will try and make Duke's guards prove they can defend dribble penetration.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT