ADVERTISEMENT

Duke VS UK

Maybe things will continue the way they have been going, you know , you guys go undefeated, dominate the weakest conference in the country, plow your way to the final four, choke like a bitch , watch Duke kick the $hit out of the team that kicked the $hit OUTTA you, then cut your tv off with about 5 minutes left in the Championship because reality is setting in, you coulda been there. Lmfao.

Reactions: pisgah101
Well, shucks. That sucked. We played awfully young.

I'm disappointed Luke hasn't had more of an impact so far. I think Derryck showed signs of being a really key cog for us by March, and against Ulis, who convinced me tonight he's going to be one of the top PGs in the game this season.

Matt shot and scored well, and he had his moments on D, as usual, but his overall game seemed off. Is he 100%?

Marshall and Amile did some major work. Talent-wise, our team ceiling depends on Brandon, Grayson, and Derryck.

The new rules have led to some matador defense, from what I've observed. That reminds me of the worst of 2014, which was a frustrating, less enjoyable season for me. I do trust we'll improve, though.

Reactions: Showenuff
Good post Dat. Yes , Matts groin pull has slowed him a step or two for sure. Thornton should actually be a Senior in H.S. , it's gonna take 8 or ten more games and I feel he's gonna shine. No beating UK without a PG for sure. I also will bet solid money Kennard kicks in soon. MARSHALL , wow, so proud how he stepped up.

Reactions: Dattier
Both teams will be much improved by seasons end. Duke has had the best of the head to head for some time. My Cats need to win a few more against you guys before we can really have room to brag. As far as recruiting goes nobody is touching either program right now. I wished we played every year. Good luck the rest of the way. See you guys on the last weekend of the season.

Jc hammock , please ignore that mean stuff I wrote above to that Azzclown Ripthru, your team played great buddy and to YOU, congrats.

Jc hammock , please ignore that mean stuff I wrote above to that Azzclown Ripthru, your team played great buddy and to YOU, congrats.
No worries my friend. I never take remarks personal unless they're directed at me.

He was being a jerk. And deserved it. I don't know why anyone, after a great win, would go to the other teams board and be a douche????

Like I said before the game, this game is just bragging rights. It means nothing come March. Both of our teams will be a lot different and better.

Good luck the rest of the year. I expect we'll meet later. ;)

He was our best pg last year. Had to share minutes with Andrew Harrison.

I thought so to from what I saw. Kid just had it. Frankly, thought he was the best defender on your team last year after WCS of course. A lot of guys who did not see him last here on this board had no idea what he was going to bring to the court, but I knew he was trouble.

Great game and good luck Cats!

"You were undefeated at that time. How did that work out for ya?" ....not sure too many people would complain about 1-loss seasons. I'm certainly not one to bitch about it.

The fact remains... with Cal at the helm and the continuous flow of incoming talent, more titles are inevitable.

....and to support my remarks about incoming talent.... Malik Monk to sign today... Joining the class of Fox, Adebayo, Gabriel and Killeye-Jones.

You were undefeated at that time. How did that work out for ya?
Talking so much crap about Miami being an NIT team: who did UK play in the regular season? Buffalo? Columbia? Jones, Oak, and Winslow say hello from the NBA with their championship rings, something the Harrison twins, Randle, Young, Cauley-Stein, Booker, Towns, Lyles, and all will never have.

They won when it mattered. Both teams at their best then UK handles Duke no doubt. The size would hinder Okafor. Duke is the Champion and deserving so. UK couldn't get it done. I do believe the pressure got to them. But, no matter how you twist it they were damn good last year.

UKorrupt was good last year, just not the best, and Duke had the guards to space uKourrupt and slice and dice them. UKorrupt did great in a soft SEC and then folded when competition got tough.

2015 champs baby.

with the continuous flow of incoming talent, more titles are inevitable.

I am personally of the opinion that that is likely as well, but here is something to consider: Cal is on an unprecedented streak of 6 years in a row with either the #1 or #2 recruiting class, and has a grand total of one ring to show for it.

I am personally of the opinion that that is likely as well, but here is something to consider: Cal is on an unprecedented streak of 6 years in a row with either the #1 or #2 recruiting class, and has a grand total of one ring to show for it.
And that 1 ring is with one of the most dominate players we've seen in a while. Roy could prob win with Cal's talent :D

Would like to focus on Duke...Agree with Dat. I'd like to add, I'm a little disappointed in Grayson in that he did not adjust to what the defense was giving him...pulling up from 8-10 feet was there all night and he took it to the hole every time. I'd never quibble with his passion or hustle...but this was a game he could have showed a little more offensive maturity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT