ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS SYRACUSE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Status
Not open for further replies.

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
It's been an interesting day in college basketball to say the least. If you haven't had the chance to listen to Jay Bilas's comments about the situation from PTI Friday, do yourself and Google it. As is typically the case, Bilas torches the NCAA.

Onto today. Back home again and a chance to keep rolling against the Orange in Cameron. Syracuse always seems to battle us well and the 2-3 matchup has given us fits in the past. That said, with us running more zone and this game at home, I think we cover and win fairly easily. Still up in the air whether Bagley plays but at this point, it might be better to rest him another game anyway.

Tonight's game is slated for a 6:15pm est tip and will air on ESPN HD.

Duke 84

Syracuse 68

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are playing our best ball of the year. But there is something about that Cuse zone that slows it down, (similar to now ours), and we always seem to play close games against this team. I think we are too much though and pull away late.

Duke 75
Cuse 61

Reactions: christophero
I like the way we're attacking opposing defenses, but the Cuse zone presents its own set of unique problems. Still like us putting it way last few minutes, 78-64.

OFC

I think we come out a little flat due to all the talking heads with the media outlets yesterday. I think this is a nail biter.

Seems it should be a low scoring game in the 60's, but who knows the way Duke has been playing....just win and win big

Hope Bagley plays. I feel cheated every game he’s out. I want to see the full team. I think Grayson will keep playing the way he plays. Bagley gets the offensive rebounds and score a lot that way. Carter continues to get a double double. And we win by 20. Then everybody get drunk and I’ll drink my Alkaline water.

Could be a little tighter than most expect, must win for Cuse. I think Grayson and Gary will find their range against the zone, and Grayson will penetrate and dish off to Wendell. Watch for transition points from the Devils.
Duke will not let this one get away.
Go Duke!
OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Yay Bagley cleared. Predict Bagley plays 20, gets 8, we win by 21. Feel free to repost this later. (Only if I'm right). :) Feel better Showenuff. Last time I was sick I took Nyquil and slept through the game, which we lost. SJU I think.

Being from Northern NY, this is always a big game for me. Almost all my friends are Cuse fans, and they hate Duke just as much as UK fans honestly. Obviously, I like us at home against them, but Boeheim has surely let them know the gravity this game has on their postseason. Whether Bagley plays or not, I still think home cooking allows us to win big once again.

Duke - 74
SU - 60

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT