ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS SYRACUSE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
Sorry everyone - busy around the office and it slipped my mind.

Syracuse is always a tough matchup for us with its zone defense. I don't have a great feeling about this game and with it being on the road...who knows though. If we can knock down perimeter jumpers I think we win and win solidly. If we're off from outside it might be a long night.

Tonight's game is slated for a 7pm est tip and will air on ESPN HD.

Duke 74

Syracuse 72

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Duke 80
Cuse 74
I keep waiting for Duke to blowout a team again like GT.
I just don't think it's going to happen tonight. Maybe vs the Holes!

Extremely wary- its always tough up there, and heck anytime we play them! Duke is so used to iso ball on O and thats next to impossible against their 2-3. Here's hoping we're adjusted to different sight lines of shooting in a DOME and hitting our 3s.
Duke-72
Cuse-68

OFC

Last edited:
Gonna be a war. Probably a record crowd or close to it. As if it's not tough enough, Syracuse will be pumped coming off loss. I will not predict what will happen, just gonna sit back and hope Duke is clicking. Hope Allen is physically ready

Reactions: hart2chesson
Tatum can go off from deep.
Jones can go off from deep
Grayson can go off from deep
Kennard can go off from deep
Jackson can go off from deep

Move the ball without delay, take the open shot, knock it down. Lets go!!!!!!!!!!!

Gonna be a dogfight as it always is when Duke plays at the sold out Carrier Dome. Our guys play through it and eek out a close one in the waning minutes of the game.

Duke: 73
Syracuse: 69

Let's Go Duke!!

I was thinking we'd have a close one here up until this morning. Upon waking, I got a burst of optimism. Duke wins and wins convincingly. 75-62 DUKE

I think we need to hit threes to win, and I think Matt and Frank need to come up big as Cuse tries to lock down Grayson, Jason and Luke. There should be some open shots, and we will make enough to win. Let's hope our D tight tonight. Maybe show some zone tonight??

Duke 75
Cuse 66

Go Duke!

Alan

May be an odd game. We're an excellent 3 point shooting team, normally that is great against the zone.
However, we get our 3's through iso-ball and drive and kicks, not ideal against the zone.

Last edited:
Reactions: hart2chesson
If Duke had been putting teams away I'd feel more confident, but I am happy they the way they've been fighting through different battles and this will be a new one for them. I see a game in the low 60's.

Tatum is the best zone buster we've had since Cuse joined the league imo, or has the potential to be if used that way, and then executes. I think This one hinges on Tatum at both ends. Roberson has killed us before, I presume he will be Tatums assignment without looking into it.

I think we've figured out how to win, hasn't been real pretty at times but we're winning. I don't see that changing until the conf tourney Semi's. I'm perfectly fine with that as well

Go Duke! This one is about FIGHT

C5R_-AzWMAEAPah.jpg

Let's just get out of the dome with a W tonight....I got a good feeling

Hope Tatum is the man that gets to the FT line on their zone like hood did a few years ago...if so I see Tatum having a huge game and duke comes out with the win

I was pumped when I saw the spread yesterday and Duke was favored by 3.5/4. I know Cuse isn't ranked, but they have lost 3-4 straight to fall to a still respectable 8-7 in the ACC. I thought Duke could easily be favored 2 or less so seeing it higher was encouraging.

As the day has progressed though, I've gotten a little less confident which always seems to happen when I see how bettors are reacting towards the spread. Duke is receiving the overwhelming majority of the bets. Combined that with Cuse really needing a win and we could be in for a tough one.

I still think Duke continues to trend upwards and gets another win. Cuse runs it the best of anyone, but there are driving lanes in any zone. Duke needs to attack those and get to the rim. They will get their looks from outside, but the key will be attacking it at the rim IMO.

It might be our defense that wins this game tonight. This team has become late game tough, and if we can stay in a position to win, that toughness will come through. This team knows what's at stake every game from here on out. Duke will find a way, and I like them by 6-8 points.
Go Duke!
OFC

Don't care what anyone says, blue jerseys are the alternate at this point.

I don't think Jayson would have thrown Grayson that pass a month and a half ago; I love how he's improved and bought in more.

Zone is really giving us trouble, but we are doing well on the boards.

4 on 1 fast break turnover leading to a run by Syracuse. Tatum is shooting the rock great right now though thankfully!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT