ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS PITT OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Oh man, I really wanted that Jack White three.

I am excited for Jack White to get to play .
He brings a lot of energy to the table.

Definitely a much needed half. All the guys coming in and contributing has got to be good for team morale as well.

Reactions: dukesince91
Love this.

Not just the score, which is awesome, but this is the kind of use of the bench that I think needs to happen. And, in tighter games against tougher competition, we should still use the bench, just less - even 2-3 minutes a half for Robinson, White, Goldwire, et al. It's not that they are great, but it develops them.

In my view, if you are going to recruit a kid and give him a scholarship, you don't have to promise him he'll start or get lots of PT, but, you should should give him some playing time - unless he just has a terrible attitude or behavioral problems. It's just good will and honorable. This isn't life and death. It's entertainment. It's a "game." It doesn't mean you don't try to win but you give opportunity to develop in front of 10-15-20K people.

And, somewhere down the road, in the ACC or in the NCAAs, Duke will need one of these guys if someone gets hurt or in foul trouble - even to give a 1-2-3 minute breather to the starters - and getting ACC game experience will help them not feel so cold or nervous.

good. Let's see some consistency. Lets do it again in the 2nd half and at least two more times in a row. We should be able to punch anyone in the mouth and kill their mentality.

Reactions: BlueDevils725
Super excited that we’re actually using our bench, and Robinson is doing it big. Let’s see how we do vs Miami though, Pitt is REAL bad!
It’s nice to have some optimism though after 2 bad away losses.

Reactions: youngman42
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT