ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread- Duke vs Pitt

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
📍 Pitts Zoo
📺 ESPN
⏰ 9:00

It feels weird to have such a quick turnaround after all our breaks, but I’m glad for it!! Duke is currently a 5.5 point favorite

Pitt hasn’t really won any good games this year although they played Clemson and Carolina pretty well.. we all know the coach so no need to discuss that!

Duke wins just by how much. I feel better about today

Duke-88
Pitt-70

Pitt is the best rebounding team in the ACC and have some major size. We all know they are well coached too. I think the 5.5 line is spot on and think we sneak out with a 3-5 point type of win.

Pitt is the best rebounding team in the ACC and have some major size. We all know they are well coached too. I think the 5.5 line is spot on and think we sneak out with a 3-5 point type of win.
Need McCain and Flip to both have good games along with Roach and Mitchell. Have to shoot 35-40% plus from deep or Pitt could be a problem. Need a mixture of Proctor, Blake’s & Mitchell to keep Carrington from having a big game.

If we start slow as we normally do, it'll be a close game through out and we win by 5...Almost similar to the ND game. If we play like we're capable of and shoot decent, we win by 10-12.

Reactions: sheyduke
If Flip and Duke get going early and have a strong first half, I think we win easily!! But, if Flip and Duke has another slow start, this game can really be tight!! Let's hope for the guick start!! GO DUKE!!

OFC

If Flip and Duke get going early and have a strong first half, I think we win easily!! But, if Flip and Duke has another slow start, this game can really be tight!! Let's hope for the guick start!! GO DUKE!!

OFC
So then the game will be tight haha. I think we win by 4. But Pitt is tough inside, so a nice test. MM is the difference; he's playing like an NBA guy right now.

I think this is a similar game to ND. We will need to fight and be scrappy.

Agree 100% Mac. We seem to have 3-4 guys who can got for 20+ on any given night. That’s tough for teams to prepare for. And I like that. I like that a whole bunch!!

Duke 78
Pitt 70

I think Proctor is due to step up and Flip cannot possibly be as bad as against ND. I just don't know if that translates into a win.

If we start slow as we normally do, it'll be a close game through out and we win by 5...Almost similar to the ND game. If we play like we're capable of and shoot decent, we win by 10-12.
Pitt is much better than ND and they’ve got a couple perimeter guys to go along with their bigs that can score & rebound well. Flip has got to stay out of foul trouble, because unlike Syracuse, they’ve got multiple bigs and Mitchell can’t gaurd both if Flip & Young get in could trouble. I wouldn’t be surprised if Stewart and Power have to play some mi in meaningful minutes. We could even see Reaves in this game if we have a repeat of the Syracuse 1st half.

Pitt is much better than ND and they’ve got a couple perimeter guys to go along with their bigs that can score & rebound well. Flip has got to stay out of foul trouble, because unlike Syracuse, they’ve got multiple bigs and Mitchell can’t gaurd both if Flip & Young get in could trouble. I wouldn’t be surprised if Stewart and Power have to play some mi in meaningful minutes. We could even see Reaves in this game if we have a repeat of the Syracuse 1st half.
It would be nice to see Reeves play, but he would have to dress out to play and he hasn't done that in a long time!!!

OFC

Reactions: Liftee
I have got to think that after a couple real solid games by Mitchell, Pitt/Capel is going to have a plan to slow him down which, logically should alleviate at least some of the doubles on Flip. Pitt has size inside, but I'll take Flip's talent one on one over them. Looking for a big first half from him to get us up double digits early.

Reactions: christophero
Reeves won’t play if I had to bet on it and Stewart might see mop up minutes . The guards will have to play well.

Duke wins by two .

Reactions: christophero
These fricken 9:00 east coast games killing anyone else? Is it a crime to start at 7 or 7:30 anymore?

15 point halftime lead.
Given the opponent and score and on the road our best half of the season.
Sounds like Foster is back.
This team is clearly improving.
Flip playing great.
Ryan Young!

Last edited:
Jon was up 30 on Jeff. Yikes.
This is the first time I have thought this team could be a final four contender.

It was a great first half and 10 minutes of the second half. We could've run the score up and won by 35-40, but Jon pulled it back. I'm okay with that. It's the best we've looked on the road against a good Pitt team. There have been great adjustments from Jon since those back-to-back road losses. Flip was terrific tonight. Our defense is improving each week. We are getting better, and we are not close to our ceiling yet. I'm excited.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT