ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS PITT OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
I'm actually glad thid game is on the road. We need that monkey off of our back. Even though none of us (yes, even myself included :)) know what's going to happen tonight, Pitt is the worst team in the ACC right now and we come in at an -18 favorite on the road. Yes, that's how bad Pitt is.

Hopefully we can show some gut - some guile - on the defensive side of the floor. We all know that and only that is keeping us from being the top team in the country - by quite a bit in my opinion. It's tough to watch Virginia guard and then turn around and watch us. LONG way to go. BUT, the 2015 had the same rough defensive patch and that turned out ok.

Tonight's game is slated for a 7pm est tip and will air on ESPNHD 2.

Duke - 99

Pitt - 78

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: DukeDenver
The next two games should be easy wins which will allow Duke to have a winning conference record going into the Miami game on the road. Duke shouldn’t have any problems today!

Duke: 91
Pitt: 75

Let’s Go Duke!!

The next two games should be easy wins which will allow Duke to have a winning conference record going into the Miami game on the road. Duke shouldn’t have any problems today!

Duke: 91
Pitt: 75

Let’s Go Duke!!
Weird schedule to say the least, but good for us (I hope). We play Wake and Pitt twice each during the next 2 weeks. Hopefully we can beat Miami in between and get our confidence going.

Duke 92
Pitt 78

Reactions: DukeRulesBasketball
I just want a blowout that I don't have to sweat out for 40 min.
Would love to see us win 70-51, but I'm gonna go with 90-71.

Reactions: DukeRulesBasketball
We win 93-92. Coach K runs 2 teams for 5 minute intervals. Vrank makes a game saving block to seal the win. Dattier pops a vein, the board has a meltdown and Ipsychosis becomes a moderator. Sky was the only lucky one, he fell asleep at halftime, woke up to Vrank being mobbed by teammates, and K saying we got lucky against an old team.

Still young, still learning, and still a very good bunch of kids. Here's to hoping we can get a little playing time for a couple of bench players. Duke will not let this one get away.
Go Duke!
OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
I don't know, I think Duke wins, but we know everyone suddenly becomes an NBA team against us and road wins for everyone has been almost impossible. Let's see if last saturday got a message across, if so, we win by 18.

I don't know, I think Duke wins, but we know everyone suddenly becomes an NBA team against us and road wins for everyone has been almost impossible. Let's see if last saturday got a message across, if so, we win by 18.
True about that. If Pitt becomes the 96 Bulls during the game I’ll just have to give a chuckle , then proceed to bang my fist on the table.

We win 93-92. Coach K runs 2 teams for 5 minute intervals. Vrank makes a game saving block to seal the win. Dattier pops a vein, the board has a meltdown and Ipsychosis becomes a moderator. Sky was the only lucky one, he fell asleep at halftime, woke up to Vrank being mobbed by teammates, and K saying we got lucky against an old team.

K says Jack White had "a verve," but Pitt "knocked us back." Vrank's block makes ESPN's highlights and Kevin Stallings has a postgame meltdown saying "if we had Cam Johnson we would have won." Vrank is carried off the court, but falls into Bolden's knee sidelining MB rest of year.

OFC

Duke 99
Pitt 78

If we wear black Duke by 5.

Will miss the game tonight. Got to work. Pull them through. OFC

Fair point. Black unis have no merits this season... meanwhile Blue has been killing it. Let's keep it blue!

Blue:
5-0: Michigan State, Portland State, Texas, Florida, Indiana

Black:
0-2: Boston College, NC State

Reactions: skysdad
Duke needs to step on Pitt early, if they let them hang around awhile (and gain a little confidence) it could get uncomfortable. I hope we win going away, but at this point a one point win on the road would be a big improvement considering our latest history. Go Duke, rip Pitt a new one!

Duke 86
Pitt 79

OFC

Pitt scores in the 90’s and hits twice as many threes than their season average. Their fans storm the court after the game and we are left scratching our heads again.

Honestly I just hope to play against the actual team that we are playing, and not the Monstar version we've been dealing with from BC, FSU, and NCSU.

Duke-87
Pitt-70

"Over the past five games, Duke has used a lineup of Duval-Allen-Trent-Bagley-Carter for 40.2 percent of the available minutes during that time. It’s just the third time since Kenpom made those stats available that Duke has used a lineup that frequently. The other two times?

The Scheyer-Smith-Thomas-Singler-Zoubek lineup in 2010 and the Jones-Cook-Jones-Winslow-Okafor lineup in 2015. During the Kenpom era, when Duke has used their bench more than 25 percent of the time, they’ve never made it past the Sweet 16 and have two first-round losses. In years when the bench has been used 25 percent of the time or less, Duke has two national titles and an Elite 8 run." -Ben Swain

Guess we need to roll with the starters then. Just have to find the right defense for them. I think the 2010 style defense would be best. Pack it in a little. Having the center trying to hedge 30 feet away from the goal is not something we are capable of doing with a young team that doesn't understand rotations.

Duke by 15

"Over the past five games, Duke has used a lineup of Duval-Allen-Trent-Bagley-Carter for 40.2 percent of the available minutes during that time. It’s just the third time since Kenpom made those stats available that Duke has used a lineup that frequently. The other two times?

The Scheyer-Smith-Thomas-Singler-Zoubek lineup in 2010 and the Jones-Cook-Jones-Winslow-Okafor lineup in 2015. During the Kenpom era, when Duke has used their bench more than 25 percent of the time, they’ve never made it past the Sweet 16 and have two first-round losses. In years when the bench has been used 25 percent of the time or less, Duke has two national titles and an Elite 8 run." -Ben Swain

Guess we need to roll with the starters then. Just have to find the right defense for them. I think the 2010 style defense would be best. Pack it in a little. Having the center trying to hedge 30 feet away from the goal is not something we are capable of doing with a young team that doesn't understand rotations.

Duke by 15
This team even mirrors the 2010 team even more...shooter off the bench- Alex (Andre Dawkins)...2 bigs off the bench- Javin, Marques (Miles, Mason).

Duke by 15

Wait a second, you mean Coach K actually knows what he's doing?!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT