ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS NORTH CAROLINA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I do is come on here and complain....Wrong. All I do is talk negative...Wrong. All I do is echo someone else’s point...Really wrong. You’re on your usual roll of being wrong. All that’s left is your take on this last game. Haha...Oh and I can’t discuss you...Wrong

I said nothing wrong. This is an opinion based site, clown. I can bring stats to back up my non-opinion based posts. I still don't see you ever talk basketball. Actually the game.

I hate North Carolina but they are definitely peaking right now. I would take them against Virginia. Hopefully we beat them Friday so we won't find out.

Bless your little heart. It's going to be OK. When Coach K retire, you will live on....I think

You're not allowed to discuss me and my takes until you actually speak basketball. Not once have you come close to breaking down what happened in a game or an adjustment that would make sense. All you do is come on here and complain or talk negative or echo someone else's point
Retires*

Should be plural. I’ll help you out.

Reactions: IPSYCHOSIS
Couldn't call this one because I saw two scenarios: Carolina eventually wearing down Duke and coming away with a single digit win or Duke playing their hearts out and stealing one. The result was the former.

It boiled down to this: UNC had to two runs in the second half that gave us enough breathing room when we couldn't buy a shot in the last 6 minutes. We made 12 threes, and though Duke rebounded more of its misses, second chance points were 22-11 I believe in favor of UNC.

I think having three important guys as seniors really galvanized the team as well.

Either way, regular season is done. ACC tournament is next and it's likely we meet for a third time, and this time Zion will play. Will certainly be interesting to say the least.

The two teams overall stats were almost identical, you hit 4 more 3's. That's a wrap.

Yea, I'm thinking all those offensive rebounds fall significantly with Zion and bolden in there. But, we're not supposed to offer up anything that represents excuses around here, so ,just good game man.

Reactions: dbav
Hey regulars, with that said, was I the only one who watched that game and was actually looking at scenarios like floor spreads that would have just been a feast for Zion. UNc was really spread wide on defense, lanes looked like bowling alleys sometimes. It could have been some human highlight film for us.

That and the second chance points.
Bless your heart. Keep you stats over at your blind board where none of you seem to understand you played against Duke without Zion for both games and with Bolden going down within minutes of the second one.

See you bunch of clowns cried when you lost to Va because Cam went down for a few minutes in that game. Oh we would of won if Cam didn't get injuried, was running rapid throughout your boards, but here you come throwing out stats about your win last night. Are you really that slow to come here with that? I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're just the average cheat fan that claims to never watch a duke game, so therefor you never seen zion play. Just the highlights on ESPN. Standyby, you will get your chance.

Hey regulars, with that said, was I the only one who watched that game and was actually looking at scenarios like floor spreads that would have just been a feast for Zion. UNc was really spread wide on defense, lanes looked like bowling alleys sometimes. It could have been some human highlight film for us.
No show you weren't, I also mentioned something similiar last night about how many shots I saw last night that would of ended up in the forth row by Zion. These jokers are in for a rude awakening and I think they know it. Then again,they claim to never watched Duke play, so maybe they don't have an clue.

Bless your heart. Keep you stats over at your blind board where none of you seem to understand you played against Duke without Zion for both games and with Bolden going down within minutes of the second one.

See you bunch of clowns cried when you lost to Va because Cam went down for a few minutes in that game. Oh we would of won if Cam didn't get injuried, was running rapid throughout your boards, but here you come throwing out stats about your win last night. Are you really that slow to come here with that? I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're just the average cheat fan that claims to never watch a duke game, so therefor you never seen zion play. Just the highlights on ESPN. Standyby, you will get your chance.

For the record, I hope Bolden recovers quickly. Absolutely hated seeing him go down like that.

And I'm not sure where the hostility is coming from? I've watched Duke a few times this year and I've watched Zion. The notion that we couldn't have beaten you with Zion playing is 1) false 2) also unknowable. It's the same thing with Cam at UVA. It's certainly possible he would have been a game changer, but we still had the ability to beat them even after he went down. It's the same thing here. You still have a very good team with multitudes of talent. You were capable of winning both times without Zion.

It is what it is. No asterisks here.

Yea, I'm thinking all those offensive rebounds fall significantly with Zion and bolden in there. But, we're not supposed to offer up anything that represents excuses around here, so ,just good game man.

Fair enough, show. Got a feeling we'll have a round 3.

No show you weren't, I also mentioned something similiar last night about how many shots I saw last night that would of ended up in the forth row by Zion. These jokers are in for a rude awakening and I think they know it. Then again,they claim to never watched Duke play, so maybe they don't have an clue.
There were at least 5 times during the VA Tech game with Blackshear taking his time to post up our guys when I was like, no way does that ball get near the rim if Zion is in there.

Reactions: retiredsoldier
For the record, I hope Bolden recovers quickly. Absolutely hated seeing him go down like that.

And I'm not sure where the hostility is coming from? I've watched Duke a few times this year and I've watched Zion. The notion that we couldn't have beaten you with Zion playing is 1) false 2) also unknowable. It's the same thing with Cam at UVA. It's certainly possible he would have been a game changer, but we still had the ability to beat them even after he went down. It's the same thing here. You still have a very good team with multitudes of talent. You were capable of winning both times without Zion.

It is what it is. No asterisks here.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Showenuff
No way you believe you stand a chance with Zion playing *sweep*
Things they seem to forget they didn't have to deal with either time.

The No. 5 player in the 247Sports Composite, Williamson has been one of the best freshmen to suit up in recent memory; no player in the last 25 years has combined Williamson’s impact on the scoreboard and the glass.

He’s averaging 21.6 points and 8.8 rebounds while shooting 68.3 percent from the field, while his Player Efficiency Rating (PER) is the highest college basketball has seen since it began tracking the stat.

No player in the last 25 years has averaged 20 points, eight rebounds, two blocks and two steals per game, something that Williamson was on pace for before playing 30 seconds and not recording any of those numbers in the first North Carolina game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT