ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS NORTH CAROLINA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Status
Not open for further replies.

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
For a Duke/Carolina thread, this one is going to be short.

Many have said this week this game doesn’t mean much because of the current standings of the ACC and who Virginia has to play today. I get that - and don’t necessarily disagree.

But this is Carolina - and they embarrassed us at home a few weeks ago.

My thoughts: I hope Zion plays, and I’ve just got a hunch. I’m not sure what it is, but I’ve got a really good feeling about this game (I know that’s about as valuable as a warm bucket of hamster vomit) - with or without Z.

We currently sit at +3.5 - which I think we win, so I obviously like the cover.

Tonight’s game is slated for a 6pm est tip and will air on ESPN HD.

Duke 86

North Carolina 83

GO DUKE!!!!! and GTHCGTH!!!

I would give just about anything for Duke to win this game, unfortunately I just don't see it. On the plus side that seems to be when we win... But that usually means we go nuts from three or something crazy... Fingers crossed I guess.

I’ve never picked a duke L In the game day thread but I’ve never been so confident in one. If Zion played we would have swept them. Hopefully he plays next week and we get a third shot at them

Sick to my stomach doing this and mannn I hope I’m wrong:

UNC - 86
Duke - 76

This is the most dread i’ve felt before a game in a long time. Most on the board must feel the same way because there has been very little enthusiasm around these parts. What a difference since the last matchup where we were on top of the world. We can still get back there though! A win tonight would be huge for this team, regardless of whether Zion plays. But if he doesn’t play and we still win, that would be severely damaging to UNC’s psyche. So I’ll go with that

Duke: 82
UNC: 78

RJ will get his, but we need Cam to show up tonight. If he does, with or without Zion, we have a chance. I think Cam and Alex will be on tonight and we pull out a close one!!! GO DUKE and GTHC!!!
OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Well, the one good thing about the Saturday DUKE vs cheats game, is that I get a day before I have to go out in public if we lose. I just can't pick against DUKE in this game. We have to hit some threes.....and early. See a few go in and get some confidence, because whether we like it or not, we are going to shoot more than we probably should.

DUKE 82
cheats 77

The kick outs are going to be there. Cam and Alex (and Jack) will get some perimeter looks....need to make a few tonight. We also need RJ to play like a monster. It wouldn’t hurt if MONSTAR played, either.

The first time being an underdog for this team all season. I just think we find a way.

images

North Carolina 84
Duke 75
With or without Zion I do not feel confident in this game. Our transition defense was atrocious the last time we played them.

We will find out tonight how bad our boys want this. These are kids Duke recruited, so hopefully they play better than they did against Wake.
Cam must help out RJ. Need the good Cam. We also need to make sure Alex gets some good looks. He’s not 16-25 over the last 4 games by luck.

Did i see somewhere that we’ll know if Zion is playing by 11?

The kick outs are going to be there. Cam and Alex (and Jack) will get some perimeter looks....need to make a few tonight. We also need RJ to play like a monster. It wouldn’t hurt if MONSTAR played, either.

The first time being an underdog for this team all season. I just think we find a way.

Second time. We were underdogs in the Kentucky game this season and you know how that turned out.

I saw a stat yesterday that I can’t quite remember perfectly or even where I saw it..

Was something like this is the ninth time Duke and UNC will have played since Roy took over..in the last game of the season with records tied and the game deciding conference seeding implications for the two programs...and UNC has won each of previous 8...

Point spread has almost doubled overnight also..a sign Zion is def out?

I want Duke to play with grit and joy.

If that happens, we win.
and If Zion plays, we win.
and If he does not play, we win.

This game is K’s.

We’ve had more than enough time without Zion to be prepared. We (supposedly) have the talent so we’ll see what K does he hasn’t showed anything good yet but this one should be about pride

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT