ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS NORTH CAROLINA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack, Javin and Bolden have to blockout and rebound like men.
RJ needs to stay focused on D . He and Cam can combine for 45-50 points.
Jones needs to have a solid game.
Alex has to show he is more than a 3 pt shooter.
Slow the game down, do not jack up as many 3’s and drive the damn ball like Grayson Allen used to do.
Coach needs to give starters some rest because they need to finish the game strong.
82-80 Duke.

I really hope they don't put Jack on him, he just got abused straight up.
I don’t disagree but choices seem limited. Not sure it’s worth risking early fouls on Barrett guarding him and if they start Javin then that almost guarantees Barrett double teamed a lot more than usual. It will be interesting to see the strategy Coach K comes up with

They got a good taste at how they’re going to need to rebound to beat the turds last game. They come out flat footed again I hope they do get beat! Nahhh but yea.

Reactions: christophero
I think we can win this. Carolina prob. would win 2 out of 3 without Zion but we have a chance. Cam certainly needs to step up, as does Bolden and Javin and Jack. AOC too. Everyone needs to step up ha. IF this team could win tonight, you would have to believe a one seed is within reach, as is a Final Four even without Zion. If.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
It would have been interesting to see if Baker could be that x-factor but he hasnt played enough. Losing one player but adding another with different skills could have provided some problems for UNC...alas, we havent added anything since we last played them so unless we rebound like maniacs and hit a high percentage of our open looks...I fear a similar result.

Still hoping for
Duke 82
UNC 50

I don't see us winning without Zion. We need *everyone* to be productive tonight and too many of our guys are inconsistent - Zion generally makes up for that.

Duke: 70
UNC: 86

I started the week confident about two things: 1) Zion would play against UNC and 2) Duke would beat UNC.
Now I know that I was wrong about number 1 and following the performance against Wake Forest I'm not very confident about number 2.

But, I do know this team has a ton of talent, even with Zion sitting on the bench. I also know this team doesn't like to lose. And I've know for a long time that Duke has an incredibly talented and smart coach calling the shots. The Blue Devils are going to compete and be prepared.

Let's go DUKE!

If Bilas is at Purdue and Vitale is at Auburn, who is doing the Duke game?

Well, I have never picked against Duke, and I am not about to now. I've stated in another post what we have to do to win, so I will only repeat that all the players must be 100% invested, including the Staff. If the kids follow the game plan, and "Refuse to Lose", Duke will find a way to pull this one out!
Go Duke!
OFC

Bilas is at WF for his sons senior night he’ll be at the game
Ah. Ok. I thought that was Purdue. Saw the court on TV from the kitchen cooking breakfast. I guess my vision is starting to fail me. Next step, OFC.

Reactions: pisgah101
We are due for an everyone can't miss a thing type of game....love for RJ to go for an efficient 50-piece!!

Reactions: PixelDevil
If Duke wins, Uva loses, then Duke locks up the overall #1 seed for both the ACC Tournament and NCAA Tournament and will be placed in the East Region. If both Duke and Uva wins tonight then Duke solidifies a 1 seed regardless of their performance during The ACC Tournament.

2016 we beat a much better UNC team playing basically 5 players, we can win tonight.

Reactions: Quavarius
This is a Coach K game. We have the GOAT. He’s got tape of the last game and will devise a plan defensively to make this team ready. The players will be ticked the way they lost to Carolina at home and against Wake. But K will have the game plan. Whatever it is. We have K.

Duke 83
Carolina 78

we will have the best player on the floor in RJ.
Coby will have the best defense played on him that he's seen all year.
If we get some good play from Cam and somebody else, we can win this.

Duke 79
Unc 78

Reactions: skysdad
We’ve had more than enough time without Zion to be prepared. We (supposedly) have the talent so we’ll see what K does he hasn’t showed anything good yet but this one should be about pride

Sorry -- what are you talking about?
"supposedly" -- No, we have talent.
"we'll see what K does he hasn't showed anything good yet..." -- Really? I thought the last play against FSU was pretty good. I think playing zone against UVA was pretty good. I think K has had an outstanding year.

Not to sound too harsh, but get a grip.

Reactions: Quavarius
I have a suspicion Tre plays one hell of a game both sides of the ball. Tre was quite bad on O the first match.

Pressure free game. Time to piss all over Luke Maye night

Reactions: Shatterthesky22
Sorry -- what are you talking about?
"supposedly" -- No, we have talent.
"we'll see what K does he hasn't showed anything good yet..." -- Really? I thought the last play against FSU was pretty good. I think playing zone against UVA was pretty good. I think K has had an outstanding year.

Not to sound too harsh, but get a grip.

Our talent sure hasn’t showed up without Z so I’ll give you a pass there and think you’re just being blind. K has been good since Z has went out is hilariously laughable we have been terrible since that moment and he has done nothing to make it better. don’t be that blind

Our talent sure hasn’t showed up without Z so I’ll give you a pass there and think you’re just being blind. K has been good since Z has went out is hilariously laughable we have been terrible since that moment and he has done nothing to make it better. don’t be that blind
Good thing your post count is high.

Can’t call this one. First time I’ve opted out of doing so. I feel like it could go either way with or without Zion.

Depends on who can play to their strengths and who takes advantage of mismatches.

Flip a coin. That’s my last word.

You disagree? How bout adding something instead of making yourself seem more like a tool
You have the toolbox plenty full already.

But I dont 100% disagree with you on K and the staff. For me, it’s not right now that bothers me but when we were up 30 against some of those teams and guys like Alex, Baker, Jrob, goldwire etc get limited game time, if at all. Relying on these guys now bc of an injury, is a losing proposition, IMO. Even K says this. We don’t practice much now, so when does the developing occur? No, not everyone is playing equal minutes or should be. But I think we have done a below average job developing enough role players to compliment our horses. The Stars carry, but role players help you win, too.

Duke has a pretty good track record when I cannot watch and have to work.

Duke has not lost in a long while on a Saturday night I have to work. Low and behold, I am working the NJCAA Region XIV Tournament Championship Games doing stats (I had to work for both UVA games).

You disagree? How bout adding something instead of making yourself seem more like a tool
Pisgah -- Are you frustrated? I am. Seems like the season was taken away from us. However, I think we're going to do fine. I believe that K will have a plan in place and hopefully the players can execute. Seems like a lot of pressure on 18-19 year olds.

But, I'm believing the team plays the game of their lives. We'll see.

Pisgah -- Are you frustrated? I am. Seems like the season was taken away from us. However, I think we're going to do fine. I believe that K will have a plan in place and hopefully the players can execute. Seems like a lot of pressure on 18-19 year olds.

But, I'm believing the team plays the game of their lives. We'll see.

I am frustrated that we get smoke blown up our hind parts about how we still how 2 top 5 players on our team but somehow we look like we have the past few games.

I am frustrated that we get smoke blown up our hind parts about how we still how 2 top 5 players on our team but somehow we look like we have the past few games.
I do agree, outside of Miami we’ve been off. I miss the big guy, I just hope they get back to that team we saw vs uk

Reactions: pisgah101
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT