ADVERTISEMENT

Official Gameday thread- game 7- Duke vs Xavier

Very good first half, except the end. Flip with 10, Roach 11, Young 4, Whitehead 5, Lively 2, Blakes and Grandison 2 each. Would be a great win. Let's get it done. Duke up 10 now! Mitchell now has 8. Welcome back, young man.

Wow Mitchell and Roach came to play today. Very nice to see. 3 guys in double figures now.

It's amazing how much better we look today. Up 9 at the 16 minute mark. Now finish strong. When Roach plays like this we are a pretty good team. Proctor looks a little lost right now. 6 point game now. Darn. Down to 4. Comon guys.

Last edited:
Whitehead had the ball bounce off his leg twice in one frame, once on O, once on D, both leading to turnovers 😂

Just grind out a win. 3 point game now. We got sloppy with the lead. Blakes is ahead of Proctor right now. Nice and one by Blakes.

We need to get Flip back on track. Duke by 5 at the 8 minute mark. Finish smart. Roach with 19 now. Down to 3 now. Mitchell now with 14, Young with 8. Up 5 with 4 to go...

Last edited:
2 easy hoops missed. Wow.

Btw they don’t miss from FT line so no more fouls, please.

Reactions: sheyduke
Up 5 under 4. Interesting to see how we close out. Roach playing like a junior captain. Well done.

What is up with the shot clock operator in Portland? Two failures in two games.

Rather than mention all the other transfers Duke has had that fit that description, I’ll just say right and everyone else is wrong
There’s literally only two… brakefield and Coleman. Guess reeves transferring out too huh?

Good to see roach with a much better game after an awful showing yesterday

Reactions: sheyduke
What a way to respond to a veteran team making multiple runs, and from the effort of yesterday. Roach played like an upperclassmen. A win is a win!

I know Dariq will be a major asset to this team as he works back, but boy, he is really behind.

Reactions: christophero
Filipowski and Young are so good on the boards and around the rim on D. Such a nice element to this team. Roach and those two in the paint won this game.

We don’t have a solid, pure 3 point shooter. If we get that we can do some damage. Not sure where that will come from.

Reactions: christophero
Filipowski and Young are so good on the boards and around the rim on D. Such a nice element to this team. Roach and those two in the paint won this game.

We don’t have a solid, pure 3 point shooter. If we get that we can do some damage. Not sure where that will come from.
Does Scheyer have any eligibility left?

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
Roach is a great example of why some need to stay in college. He’s tougher now, and a little smarter. It’s why Blakes is playing in crunch time and not Proctor. He’s a tad bit soft yet, as is Lively. Whitehead still looks a step slow. The only freshman that is really solid so far is Flip, though Mitchell was huge in the 2nd half.

Solid win against a big and tough team. Great test. Roach showed stones today.

What a way to respond to a veteran team making multiple runs, and from the effort of yesterday. Roach played like an upperclassmen. A win is a win!

I know Dariq will be a major asset to this team as he works back, but boy, he is really behind.
I don’t know if he’s really behind or just building confidence. Much better game for Lively and Young is the glue to this team . I don’t care but you got to love how he plays as an old school big . Good win now let’s get healthy .

Young with another lunch pail game 8 and 6. Mitchell provided some nice play. Flip was good in the first half. Lively quiet again but had some nice plays. Proctor did not play well, but Roach made up for it. Blakes showed some toughness.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT