ADVERTISEMENT

Official Gameday thread- game 7- Duke vs Xavier

Watching highlights. I usually watch off the ball stuff when I do this. Thoughts.
1. Lively with an airball jump hook to start. Clearly an effort to get him involved. Nice block by Lively. Another block!
2. Flip with the nice start. 3 and then a behind the back 2.
3. Whitehead with 2 threes. Starting to see it.
4. Roach is feeling it from 3. Shades of MSU.
5. Flip and Young are good FT shooters.
6. Mitchell with the baseline flush. Nice.
7. After a rough second half start, Roach taking over.
8. Our end of game line up was Roach, Blakes, Mitchell, Flip and Young.
9. Proctor looks like what he is. A kid who should still be in high school. FIBA will prepare him better for college...yeah, no. He should come back next year. I hope he does. Blakes providing toughness and is ahead of him now.

Last edited:
Our best lineup right now is probably Roach, Blakes, Filipowski, Young, and Mitchell.

Lively has a very long way to go overall but he does provide defense and rebounds.

A month from now I think our best lineup will be Roach, Whitehead, Filipowski, Young, and Mitchell.

Young has to play more than Lively and it appears it’s trending that way.

This team has a chance to be real good.

Just my thoughts…..

Last edited:
I think it's becoming clear Lively should be a 20 minute per game guy. Young and Flip can fill in at the 5. Lively has almost no offense, and that probably won't change. He does not appear to shoot FTs well either. He is a good shot blocker. Whitehead looks like the guy with more upside at the moment. Proctor coming on would really help us, but he looks really behind at the moment. He's not strong with the ball at all. He looks like a guy who could make a huge soph. jump if he comes back. I like this team's potential, especially if Whitehead becomes our best player.

Last edited:
Anyone surprised Xavier didn’t try to extend the game at the end? It was like 13 seconds remaining and they just waived the white flag. No fouls, no pressure D. Nothing. With them being an older team and us being fairly young, I would have tried to extend it and try to get to OT. Kinda strange, especially from an experienced coach like Sean Miller.

Watching highlights. I usually watch off the ball stuff when I do this. Thoughts.
1. Lively with an airball jump hook to start. Clearly an effort to get him involved. Nice block by Lively. Another block!
2. Flip with the nice start. 3 and then a behind the back 2.
3. Whitehead with 2 threes. Starting to see it.
4. Roach is feeling it from 3. Shades of MSU.
5. Flip and Young are good FT shooters.
6. Mitchell with the baseline flush. Nice.
7. After a rough second half start, Roach taking over.
8. Our end of game line up was Roach, Blakes, Mitchell, Flip and Young.
9. Proctor looks like what he is. A kid who should still be in high school. FIBA will prepare him better for college...yeah, no. He should come back next year. I hope he does. Blakes providing toughness and is ahead of him now.
Proctor definitely needs another year. I will give him to game 12 to really cement that claim.

People always are critical of Keels decision to leave year. I get it. However, his size and will to score and play was the difference maker. Proctor does not show it, nor have an extra 20lbs.

Reactions: christophero
Watching the second half again. Here are my thoughts.
1. One thing I have noticed is Proctor is very good at inbound passes to the low post.
2. Mitchell with 2 quick hoops. Lively with another block. Lively can be an elite defender.
3. Roach with a runner and then takes a charge. He played at a high level today.
4. Mitchell with a 3. He's a pretty good shooter.
5. Lively is a great shot blocker, but seems to have trouble securing rebounds.
6. That pass from Roach to Young for the bucket. Wow. Roach controlling the game.

Still tripping over bilas saying Mitchell reminded him of weneyan Gabriel 😂😂😂
They're actually very similar players IMO. Same build and play style, and that's not a knock on Mitchell.
Both long skinny athletes, very wirey and bouncy. Not the best but OK 3pt shooters. Best on the attack. Decent defenders. Both seem to blend in at times. Both SFs or small ball 4s. IMO best as energy pieces brought in off the bench. 6th man type roles.

Last edited:
Reactions: KDSTONE
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT