ADVERTISEMENT

Jackson

Anybody find it comical that Frank and Trevon seem to be waiting on each other and neither is budging on a decision? Quite a stand off we have here.

Trevon waiting on combine results, Frank's decision....Wont surprise me to see Duval wait and announce 5/17, last day to sign...

OFC

Just a guess..I dont think either one's decision is influenced on if the other comes to Duke. Duval knows he will be handed the keys wherever he chooses to go.
Frank seems like he's gone if he can get into the first round, coming back if not.

Hopefully they turn into Tyus/Quinn 2.0

Reactions: pisgah101
Just a guess..I dont think either one's decision is influenced on if the other comes to Duke. Duval knows he will be handed the keys wherever he chooses to go.
Frank seems like he's gone if he can get into the first round, coming back if not.

Hopefully they turn into Tyus/Quinn 2.0

More intel coming out today Frank will not go 1st rd, but 5 on 5 will have bearing. I still think the decisions are linked per the delay in announcing the announcement date by Duval.

OFC

We can get by without Frank if need be, but Duval is an absolute 100% must need! After last season, I have come to the realization that we always need a pure PG!

10 pts 1st half, handles look better. Hes playing some pg...

OFC

True but he is also playing against some that will never sniff an NBA floor

As a fan it's hard to watch the combine and get a feel if a person is NBA ready or not....only way to find that out is get on an NBA floor against the best of the best

Last edited:
Frank did very well in live 5 on 5 action this past season...its not how he stacks up against his peers, but skilled and mature NBA players

Last edited:
10 pts 1st half, handles look better. Hes playing some pg...

OFC
I just watched some of the Combine. It is painful to watch. Really hard to see any cohesion with the guys.

Frank looks pretty good -- he seems faster and more confident than most of the guys on the floor. On offense he drove to the basket with little/no resistance. His shot looks good. What I did not see was any passing.

I have now moved into the "toss-up" category. I think he could go in the second round -- but his role is questionable. I guess it comes down to this.

Frank's size points him to a point guard role. He needs to get minutes playing PG. Where will he get that? At Duke or somewhere in the D-League? I can easily see him spend a year or two in the D-League getting a lot of time running as a point.

After watching him and thinking about it, that doesn't seem like a bad option.

True but he is also playing against some that will never sniff an NBA floor

As a fan it's hard to watch the combine and get a feel if a person is NBA ready or not....only way to find that out is get on an NBA floor against the best of the best

Well thats not going to happen this week, but he should gather enough intel and gauge the feel of things to know whether hes ready or not....I will take Jackson at the point, because Duval may not come:

OFC

Well thats not going to happen this week, but he should gather enough intel and gauge the feel of things to know whether hes ready or not....I will take Jackson at the point, because Duval may not come:

OFC
So what is this tweet?! Paul Biancardi retweets some Duke fan's tweet and then inserts Duke and Arizona? What?

I don't understand. U can come to Duke and be given the keys, but go to Arizona and be Triers back up! Oh yea and play for the GOAT!!

Sounds like a tough decision:cool:

I don't understand. U can come to Duke and be given the keys, but go to Arizona and be Triers back up! Oh yea and play for the GOAT!!

Duke isn't for some people as hard as that is to believe for some

I hope he chooses duke cause we need him but wouldn't shock me if he isn't here next year

Duke isn't for some people as hard as that is to believe for some

I hope he chooses duke cause we need him but wouldn't shock me if he isn't here next year

Agree Va.....Hes taken this long so nothing surprises me, and the announce to announce a date deal could be a bad omen per the Knox deal....

That tweet is just common knowledge lol no insight whatsoever

Perhaps, but I think Ariz has probably closed the gap, so I wouldnt have a belly laugh just yet my man Pisg....
So what is this tweet?! Paul Biancardi retweets some Duke fan's tweet and then inserts Duke and Arizona? What?

Take it as you wish.....

OFC

Signed with Bill Mcduffy instead of the wessterman agency instead last week. Just hasn't been announced yet. Told everyone last month he was leaving. Not a secret out here in Utah among us bball players

Signed with Bill Mcduffy instead of the wessterman agency instead last week. Just hasn't been announced yet. Told everyone last month he was leaving. Not a secret out here in Utah among us bball players

Thanks for the info on your 15th post

So you are a D1 bball player too huh lol

Reactions: hart2chesson
Honestly I could care less about your patience. The topic was Frank Jackson, and his nba draft chances. I don't care what Gerald Henderson did years ago, means nothing on a Duke thread about a current topic. We disagree on about everything pertaining to Jackson and Matt, and I find it laughable to say not having Matt out there would have made our defense and chemistry suffer. This Duke team, Matt or no Matt, was bad defensively, and the hope Duke had was to outscore their opponent. Have a good day
Hopefully you will care so little that you don't get your feelings hurt so badly again when I call out your posts that indicate a lack of basketball knowledge beyond a video game and all the graciousness toward our players as a UNC frat boy.

Hopefully you will care so little that you don't get your feelings hurt so badly again when I call out your posts that indicate a lack of basketball knowledge beyond a video game and all the graciousness toward our players as a UNC frat boy.

Gee Datt, he told ya to have a "good day." All kidding aside, Its obvious the poster you are speaking of follows the Devils closely. I wouldnt call anyone who disagrees w/a K line of strategy a UNC "frat boy," just because they differ in philosophy. Lol, thats pretty weak....

OFC

Reactions: Mac9192
Wow, did you come up with that on your own? I'm glad you informed me my feelings were hurt. We disagree Dattier, that's ok. I'm a big boy, now if you'll excuse me I need to get back to my legos. Have a great night sir

Gee Datt, he told ya to have a "good day." All kidding aside, Its obvious the poster you are speaking of follows the Devils closely. I wouldnt call anyone who disagrees w/a K line of strategy a UNC "frat boy," just because they differ in philosophy. Lol, thats pretty weak....

OFC
Hart I appreciate you stepping in. He's just mad that someone of so little education pegged him for what he is: a sexual intellect. He's so chapped that a layman goat herder from the hills of Charlotte got under his skin. It shouldn't be that way that a man of high education gets called out by someone so far beneath him on the social ladder

Triers backup? You understand Trier is a two and Trevon would fit just as nicely in that lineup as he would at Duke?

I think he comes to the Devils but anything is possible at this point. He's a must get though.

I live in Utah, and no NBA team picks a guy, just because he is from their state. Jackson is amazing, but the Jazz are a good team, that he would do little to help at this point in time. They need to get over the hump, next year. Not 4 years from now.

Hart I appreciate you stepping in. He's just mad that someone of so little education pegged him for what he is: a sexual intellect. He's so chapped that a layman goat herder from the hills of Charlotte got under his skin. It shouldn't be that way that a man of high education gets called out by someone so far beneath him on the social ladder

Not a problem sir. I certainly havent seen anything that would indicate UNC fandom on your part, only passionate views about our team. You dont sign off w/OFC so you must be one of our younger members. I have followed Duke athletics 50+ years, and I get as upset at times as I do elated!!! Its all part of being a TRUE FAN....OFC

Don't come here with this bull crap

Triers backup? You understand Trier is a two and Trevon would fit just as nicely in that lineup as he would at Duke?

I think he comes to the Devils but anything is possible at this point. He's a must get though.
My bad. Your right. I thought Trier was a PG for some reason.

"If I were to go back and [Duval] were to come there it wouldn't affect me," Jackson said of the point guard who is also considering Arizona, Baylor, Kansas and Seton Hall. "Tre's a good player, he's a good kid and I feel like we'd get along really well. And if he didn't go there, that wouldn't affect me either way."

This is one of Frank Jackson's quotes to Adam Zagoria tonight. Telling you guys, he's coming back.

"If I were to go back and [Duval] were to come there it wouldn't affect me," Jackson said of the point guard who is also considering Arizona, Baylor, Kansas and Seton Hall. "Tre's a good player, he's a good kid and I feel like we'd get along really well. And if he didn't go there, that wouldn't affect me either way."

This is one of Frank Jackson's quotes to Adam Zagoria tonight. Telling you guys, he's coming back.

I hope but have my doubts...
http://www.heraldsun.com/sports/college/acc/duke/article150079217.html

OFC

Telling you guys, he's coming back.
I'm assuming otherwise until it actually happens.

Have we ever had anyone w/d from the draft? I think it was when Shav left that there was speculation he might come back, and K basically said we had to proceed based on the current situation, rather than sing "Candle on the Water" from the top of the lighthouse.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT