ADVERTISEMENT

How did you become a Duke fan?

Maybe this is stupid but I’m just curious. There are many of us who spend a lot of time to come to this forum to talk about a team with complete strangers. I have been coming to this forum for almost ten years and I’ve just been curious to what made everyone become such a big Duke basketball fan. Did you go to school at Duke? Did a relative go there? Was it 91, 92? JJ? Battier?

Me… my grandmother was actually a unc alumni who just loved college basketball. She loved it so much that she liked Duke as well. She had me (7 years old) write a letter to coach k after 91. Coach k wrote me back and I’ve been a die-hard fan since. She is in the only person I have ever known to be a die hard Duke and unc fan. I think she liked unc slightly better but never had the heart to tell me.
My mother was graduated from Duke '45 and daughter graduated from Duke '11. Her mom and I spent a lot of time (and money) at Duke and loved it. Great education and college experience. Our daughter was friends with many of the Duke basketball players on the '10 team.

Reactions: christophero
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT