ADVERTISEMENT

Jackson

Hi I have no inside knowledge but from what I am reading the perception seems to be that Jackson's stock is rising. Of course he still needs to work out but my gut tells me he will not be back. Hope I'm wrong. But I think we get Duval and Knox this week so that would soften the blow. I would be overjoyed if Frank came back. If he doesn't we need Knox and esp. Duval that much more IMO. First day so thanks for letting me share! :)

Well I have a neckbeard and occasionally breathe through my mouth, so that makes me qualified to talk on this subject. I doubt he comes back.

I know nothing about Jacks but gut says he is will not be back. He has a positive upside and plays really well through contact and physical play. Best of luck to him if he stays in the draft. If I was 18 or 19 and staring down the barrel of several millions it wouldn't be a difficult decision. After all we all love to play but work and money comes first outside of family life.

Had anyone heard if Frank is more than likely staying in draft or coming back?
No one has learned anything of substance. It's all a bunch of opinions and guesses, none of which will impact the ultimate decision. Sometimes you just have to find out the old fashioned way...wait and see what happens.

Reactions: christophero
I understand why kids go and I wouldn't fault him but I was really looking forward to him blowing up this year. Really think he could have had a great year.

I think we'll know more after the combine. That will be his gauge IMO.

Last edited:
No one has learned anything of substance. It's all a bunch of opinions and guesses, none of which will impact the ultimate decision. Sometimes you just have to find out the old fashioned way...wait and see what happens.

But then we can't jump up and down screaming at every Dick and Jane's opinion on the matter. How dare you tell us to sit and wait!!!!

Reactions: GAAP
Combine is May 9-14 I believe. It's just tarot cards and tea leaves between now and then.

Goldwire is an all-around PG that makes people better. I think he could give us spot minutes if Frank leaves. Hell, I think he would do a better job of getting everyone involved more than Frank did last year. I would like for Jackson to comeback though...

Last week I thought Frank would be back....some of the whispers people are hearing suggest otherwise.

Either way, Goldwire is not playing spot minutes next season.

Last week I thought Frank would be back....some of the whispers people are hearing suggest otherwise.

Either way, Goldwire is not playing spot minutes next season.

Goldberg will be pressing 10 minutes during his entire stay at Duke whether it be due to transfer or just not being any better than our walk-ons at the guard position. Hopefully he earns his scholarship in practices.

Really hope Frank doesn't leave b/c Duval will be here. Compete like Luke and force the staff to play you due to awesome play.

Adam Zagoria reported on Twitter that he wouldn't be surprised if Frank Jackson hires an agent as he's hearing Frank could go in the first round:

"Wouldn't be surprised to see Duke's Frank Jackson sign w/ an agent. "I think he's gonna get drafted in the first round" - @franfraschilla"

Adam Zagoria reported on Twitter that he wouldn't be surprised if Frank Jackson hires an agent as he's hearing Frank could go in the first round:

"Wouldn't be surprised to see Duke's Frank Jackson sign w/ an agent. "I think he's gonna get drafted in the first round" - @franfraschilla"

Idk how accurate he is. These twitter guys tend to suck

I don't think frank returns, I also don't think it has a whole lot to do with receiving first round grades.

That's so weird... it seems then like something happened behind closed doors between his dad and the staff or something..

Crazy right

He got a lot of playing time and it's not like he was held back.... Im curious if his father wanted him to have a bigger role on the team and be featured like Luke and Tatum.., I love Frank and wish he would come back... but just hearing talk on here... looks like that's not happening

I don't think frank returns, I also don't think it has a whole lot to do with receiving first round grades.

That seems to be the consensus now. I guess we will know for sure after the combine. I really like how the board for the most part is responding to the post season. As a whole the board has been positive about Goldwire and his possibilities and potential. We have dealt well with the departures and the disappointment of not getting Knox. The possibility of bringing in Tucker gives me a good feeling and although I hope Frank returns we will still be fine. We are still Duke and Coach K is still in charge . We may even see some old school Duke basketball return with some old Coach K defense. Let's get Duval in here this coming year and look for Jones to come on board next year with some solid recruits and Duke will still be Duke. I feel good about the next few seasons. OFC

Last edited:
Goldberg will be pressing 10 minutes during his entire stay at Duke whether it be due to transfer or just not being any better than our walk-ons at the guard position. Hopefully he earns his scholarship in practices.

It's Goldwire. Not sure if it's typos that keep happening when you post about him, but it's Jordan Goldwire.

And I think you're right. A lot is going to have to happen that we probably don't want to happen for him to get meaningful minutes. The other scenario is that he takes really well to college strength and conditioning and transforms his game into something that makes the staff take notice and then we get one of those once in a blue moon three star steals.

It's Goldwire. Not sure if it's typos that keep happening when you post about him, but it's Jordan Goldwire.

And I think you're right. A lot is going to have to happen that we probably don't want to happen for him to get meaningful minutes. The other scenario is that he takes really well to college strength and conditioning and transforms his game into something that makes the staff take notice and then we get one of those once in a blue moon three star steals.

Goldberg. Give us a break will you. OFC

Nothing against Jackson but if he gets drafted first round it shows just how dumb the nba really is

He got a lot of playing time and it's not like he was held back.... Im curious if his father wanted him to have a bigger role on the team and be featured like Luke and Tatum.., I love Frank and wish he would come back... but just hearing talk on here... looks like that's not happening
Doesn't have to do with minutes. Ironically similar to the DT situation.

Reactions: dukehokie
Nothing against Jackson but if he gets drafted first round it shows just how dumb the nba really is
If he gets drafted in the first round then you could claim that it was Duke.
If he doesn't get drafted then you could claim that he should have come back.

The first one helps Duke more than the second one. Personally I hope for a third option and that he comes back -- but I haven't got the psychic hotline thingey working.

Trying to talk with a young, teenage, bag of testosterone reasonable often doesn't go the way I would want it to. Hope that listens to his dad and that his dad is wise.

If he gets drafted in the first round then you could claim that it was Duke.
If he doesn't get drafted then you could claim that he should have come back.

The first one helps Duke more than the second one. Personally I hope for a third option and that he comes back -- but I haven't got the psychic hotline thingey working.

Trying to talk with a young, teenage, bag of testosterone reasonable often doesn't go the way I would want it to. Hope that listens to his dad and that his dad is wise.

Sometimes it's not the kid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT