ADVERTISEMENT

Jackson

Practice time is not 100% accurate to tell if a kid can truly play. Game action is the true barometer. Yeah if a kid's lazy in practice, he shouldn't play, but you don't know how a kid will do until the lights are on and the stands are packed. Hopefully the returning guys like Javin, White, and Vrank get some good action, and are productive. The team will definitely need the bench guys to contribute significantly.

For sure and speaking of the bench: if we fail on Duval, I have no qualms in seeing Goldwire get some time at PG. Give the kid a shot, we only need him to have decent handles, distribute the ball and play D.
OFC

Reactions: Mac9192
Was surprised by Jackson leaving especially after it was initially reported he was staying.

You guys definitely need Duval now. No doubt the backcourt looks thin at the moment. Just like our frontcourt won't look as good without tony Bradley coming back.

For sure and speaking of the bench: if we fail on Duval, I have no qualms in seeing Goldwire get some time at PG. Give the kid a shot, we only need him to have decent handles, distribute the ball and play D.
OFC
Me either. Would feel much better if Duval committed. I suppose I get the Captain Obvious Award for that last comment. :)

Was surprised by Jackson leaving especially after it was initially reported he was staying.

You guys definitely need Duval now. No doubt the backcourt looks thin at the moment. Just like our frontcourt won't look as good without tony Bradley coming back.

I heard hes supposed to hire an agent Monday....

OFC

Goldwire is not a backup ACC point guard at this point.

He may HAVE to be next season. Duval is not a sure thing. He doesnt have to be great, just adequate. If we have Allen and Trent at 2,3 and Carter/Bolden at 4,5 we just nred a distributor. Grayson could start at point but 40 mins a game plus taking the beating he takes is going to wear him down. Dont forget Parentes at UVA was a 3 star, and I understand this kid is a hard worker...

After all least we not forget:

OFC

Reactions: Mac9192

Stay on your board.

Reactions: QC Dukie
I was really looking forward to seeing what Jackson could do next year but I'm so tired of people bashing kids because they dont do what we as fans wanted them to do. I'd like to see every kid that goes to Duke stay four years but it isn't reality. It isn't reality that most of them will stay two anymore. Frank is making what he thinks is the best decision for himself, not what would be best for us fans. Duke basketball will be alright.

So it's not okay for fans to have their interests but it's okay for the players? Why does everyone have to pretend to care about the NBA or care about some other person getting rich?

Why can we not just admit that we are fans of a college basketball team? The name of the program is what people root for. The players are a revolving door. Why act like we are obligated to care about this?

So it's not okay for fans to have their interests but it's okay for the players? Why does everyone have to pretend to care about the NBA or care about some other person getting rich?

Why can we not just admit that we are fans of a college basketball team? The name of the program is what people root for. The players are a revolving door. Why act like we are obligated to care about this?
I can speak for me and if my reasons are selfish than so be it but in a Duke fan 4 life. I want these guys to stay and I want to win. To me, there are sure things like Tatum and their are guys like Jackson who just want to move on IMO. I'm not interested in someone's draft stock being at an all time high. These guys make a commitment to the program and I want it to pay dividends. Also, yes I do scratch my head when players keep returning to UNCheat while the same caliber players wearing the Duke uniform bolt to the pros. Is being a second round pick better than being a Blue Devil?

Where did I say you can't have your interests? I'm dissapointed he left. I think it sucks for the program. All I said was I hated people bashing a kid because he made this decision.

He may HAVE to be next season. Duval is not a sure thing. He doesnt have to be great, just adequate. If we have Allen and Trent at 2,3 and Carter/Bolden at 4,5 we just nred a distributor. Grayson could start at point but 40 mins a game plus taking the beating he takes is going to wear him down. Dont forget Parentes at UVA was a 3 star, and I understand this kid is a hard worker...

After all least we not forget:

OFC
Don't know about Duval, insiders confident he's coming but after the Knox shock, the old confidence meter needle dropped a hair. I definitely agree about Allen at point. As good as he has been for Duke, that is not his position, and a 3 star that can beat the press and distribute the ball to him and the other 3 on floor is better than him trying to do the same. Goldwire may be bad, I hope not, but for his sake I hope he doesn't read what some have posted about him, cause if he is as bad as they say he is, then he's wasting his time at Duke. But like I've been told, K doesn't listen to us and it's better that way, right.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Where did I say you can't have your interests? I'm dissapointed he left. I think it sucks for the program. All I said was I hated people bashing a kid because he made this decision.
Bashing a kid no. Bashing a man for making a man decision perhaps

Congrats Frank! Go chase your dream young fella!

Frank is projected to Brooklynn. If he does indeed go to Brooklynn he won't be in no dleague they need help lol. I like him going there.

Don't know about Duval, insiders confident he's coming but after the Knox shock, the old confidence meter needle dropped a hair. I definitely agree about Allen at point. As good as he has been for Duke, that is not his position, and a 3 star that can beat the press and distribute the ball to him and the other 3 on floor is better than him trying to do the same. Goldwire may be bad, I hope not, but for his sake I hope he doesn't read what some have posted about him, cause if he is as bad as they say he is, then he's wasting his time at Duke. But like I've been told, K doesn't listen to us and it's better that way, right.

Love the Coach K quote....but those words may have been spoken a long time ago in a different era..not sure. It certainly does not ring true in recent years.
That said, i agree with the premise - we continually see teams each year that are smaller, less heralded programs come into Cameron with point guards that drive and score on us. CJ McCollum...how do all the Blue blood programs miss on him? There are many other examples where PG's grew by playing and became great college players. Hopefully, we can find one of those...Duke can pretty much land any recruit they want ( caveat that the OAD crowd is a lottery) in the Top 50...#50-100 I would say we should be a lock for whoever we go after - 100-200...same....surely there is talent at that ranking that would flourish when added to the top tier talent we have on the roster already.

Reactions: christophero
Three and four star players " that stay hungry" flourish in college ball.

The McCollumns and Curry's are one teams loss and another teams treasure.

K is mixing it up good with this class. I just hope he sticks to his words about extending the bench or rather developing a bench.

True but they need NBA help right now...don't know if Frank can provide that now
I think it's the opposite actually. Without a real chance of contending in the near future and a lack of their own draft picks because of their trade with Boston, they'll probably be targeting high upside guys rather than players that could make an impact right away. Probably the reason they've been linked to Giles in a lot of mock draft. He may not be ready right away, but he has more upside than anyone at that point in the draft if his health continues to improve.

I'm wishing Frank Jackson the best. Happy he was here for this past season. We needed him and he made a decision he thought was best. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT