ADVERTISEMENT

Jackson

From Sports Illustrated about first day of Draft

Frank Jackson, Duke

Jackson was a catalyst with his slithery handle, change of speeds and ability to attack the basket, and he measured out well for a point guard at 6'2" with a 6' 7.5" wingspan. His draft decision is one of the more significant when it comes to college basketball implications. Jackson is widely seen as a player who can be a first-rounder next year. With another strong day Friday, his decision could get more complicated.

From Sports Illustrated about first day of Draft

Frank Jackson, Duke

Jackson was a catalyst with his slithery handle, change of speeds and ability to attack the basket, and he measured out well for a point guard at 6'2" with a 6' 7.5" wingspan. His draft decision is one of the more significant when it comes to college basketball implications. Jackson is widely seen as a player who can be a first-rounder next year. With another strong day Friday, his decision could get more complicated.

Yes his "decision could get more complicated," but flipside Duval's hopefully could be made easier. OFC

Yes his "decision could get more complicated," but flipside Duval's hopefully could be made easier. OFC
We're all guessing but it seems like we get one of the two. Mind you I won't be complaining if we get both, but thus far it really hasn't been that kind of offseason. But fortunes can change...

Reactions: hart2chesson
Watching Jackson yesterday on ESPN 2, listening to what the analysts are saying, and given the overly-sensitive drama with recruits -- Frank, in my estimation, is gone.

Wish him luck -- he'll need it! But he is playing with a purpose.

Please make a decision soon AND KILL THIS THREAD!!

There was never a doubt in my mind, just took a little longer to make a decision based on what I had heard. I just do not understand, unless he got a first round guarantee (which I highly doubt) he will be playing in the d league for a long time. It is his decision to make tho and I wish him the best.

Best of luck Frank! I know you will do well..support the kid..we have no idea what he will become...let's stop trying to decide how good he will be or where he will be...I respect his decision and trust he's making the right one. Go Frank! Always A Dukie

I don't know if the jazz pick him but they really really like him. My boy Tony Jones who covers them have said as much via twitter

I live in Utah, and no NBA team picks a guy, just because he is from their state. Jackson is amazing, but the Jazz are a good team, that he would do little to help at this point in time. They need to get over the hump, next year. Not 4 years from now.

Cant remember an off season this brutal ever, even in 99. If we get Duval we should be decent next year...18 looking ugly tho. Really freaking wish we got Knox.

Screw him. I'm officially done this last year's team. Time to move on. I'm interested in guys that actually want to wear the jersey

Reactions: PixelDevil
disappointing but I wish him luck. Hope he has a great career. I do know that his handles are going to have to get WAY better if he is going to make a career for himself. But he has all of the other tools though. And you can definitely improve handles. Hope he does well

Well, now there is a free 35+ minutes a game on national television, with no competition on the bench, for anyone that wants to be the Duke PG.

Screw him. I'm officially done this last year's team. Time to move on. I'm interested in guys that actually want to wear the jersey
Screw him? It's HIS decision not YOURS.. come on man.. we knew most of these guys were gone. This is the nature of the game now. If the players are allowed to do it, you cant fault them for it. Blame the NCAA or whoever but to say screw him? Get outta here with that.

Best of luck Frank!

4 first rounders and we cannot make the second weekend. Season just got harder to swallow. Just my opinion.

Reactions: Duke1783
Screw him? It's HIS decision not YOURS.. come on man.. we knew most of these guys were gone. This is the nature of the game now. If the players are allowed to do it, you cant fault them for it. Blame the NCAA or whoever but to say screw him? Get outta here with that.
Sure is his decision. As it is mine to say what I said. I bleed Duke blue and always will. I'd say about anyone who'd rather be taken second round than come to Duke. These aren't kids. These are men making a manly decision

Its all going to be ok guys...lets not start the meltdown before the season even starts.. We will be fine. it drives me crazy how some of us feel like these guys owe us something. My goodness, if I had the chance to play pro ball after 1 year of college, I'd take it too. yeah it sucks they all don't stay four years, but lets wish them the best and move on. Im excited for next season. A senior Grayson, and some solid guys who are going to get a chance to show they can play.

Reactions: CatcherForLife6
Best of luck to Frank. We're not gonna be very good next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT