ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS WAKE FOREST OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

How a team can play some of the most beautiful basketball on both ends for 4 minutes and then sleep through the next 4 minutes, I don't know.

I guess this is the down side of having 4 OAD's or 2AD's on the team. They all think they are better than the other team and can coast at times to a win.

I really like every guy on the team but their lack of focus at times really is upsetting at this stage of the season.

Scheyer did not exactly distinguish himself as coach. OFC
That was a tough situation for Jon. Duke came out and looked strong, built the lead to 19, and then went into free fall. I'm no coach, but when teams are in free fall like that I think it's one of the toughest jobs in coaching to slow it down. Other than maybe call a time out with a minute left to set up a play other than let Keels force a drive I don't think he did anything "wrong". Give Jon credit for drawing up a good final play for the win. I am not sure why we can't run that same play more regularly!

That was a tough situation for Jon. Duke came out and looked strong, built the lead to 19, and then went into free fall. I'm no coach, but when teams are in free fall like that I think it's one of the toughest jobs in coaching to slow it down. Other than maybe call a time out with a minute left to set up a play other than let Keels force a drive I don't think he did anything "wrong". Give Jon credit for drawing up a good final play for the win. I am not sure why we can't run that same play more regularly!
Tough to blame Jon for the myriad of moronic plays down the stretch. And I mean moronic. Off the top of my head. The keels drive and TO lob where he either doesn’t see Jon telling him to call a TO or ignores it; the AJ three, even for AJ that’s an awful decision, the Moore turnover at the half court. I do think Jon should have played Roach though. You don’t sit him the last 7-8 min of the game like that. That’s a poor decision on Jon’s end and hopefully he understands that .

I’m a little mixed on this…honestly for last night I think Scheyer probably didn’t do a very good job overall.

We where up 7 with 1:14 left….that’s three possessions…not even enough time really to lose. Our team went absolute stupid though…jacking up shots, turning it over, etc. We where stupid no two ways about that.

We still had two timeouts with 17.5 seconds left. He should of done a better job settling them down imo. We had the timeouts and you could see easily how careless and stupid they where being.

I’m not saying Scheyer is a bad coach….but last night he didn’t do a good job IMO.

The one thing I think he should get credit for is the last play and getting Paolo the ball and attacking downhill. At least Paolo attacked and didn’t pass….he missed the shot but everything collapsed and it made a play for someone else.

It shouldn’t have got to that point however. Up 7 with 1:14 left should easily be game over….we where choking big time and they needed a steady hand. People would of made fun of Roy if he lost that lead with those timeouts left in the past.

Reactions: AlanInNJ
So did Keels ignore Scheyer that possession he looked like they were going to take a TO or was that planned?
It looked like Jon was pointing at a spot indicating that when Keels got there to call a timeout. As Keels was doing that, the Wake D swarmed and Keels got a little panicked so he dribbled out of it and drove to the basket

Hopefully we blow teams out in the tournament. Because we are horrible in close late game situations. Mark made a play which bailed us out last night from an epic collapse.

Reactions: Liftee
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT