ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS WAKE FOREST OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
I’m not going to lie, this game has me a little nervous. Wake is vastly improved From the last several years, and I thought our second half against Boston College was a little shaky.

I would tell you that playing at home will give us a huge benefit, but that has not been the case this year. Home court advantage just does not seem to benefit young teams the way it did the old version of Duke.

Duke comes in at -10.5, which feels like a lot to me. We’re certainly capable of covering that, but my money is on a Duke, win but not a cover against the spread.

Tonight‘s game is slated to tip at 7pm est and will air on ESPN (thank god).

Duke 82

Wake Forest 74

GO DUKE!!!!!!!

Yeah, I agree this team needs to defend home court and the crazies need to be loud. I fell like this could be a tight one if Dukes not on point.

Duke wins by eight .

Reactions: Devilinside
Definitely worried.Wake has vastly improved over the Manning years, as HC Steve Forbes seems to be putting his mark on the program. They will come in fired up and a mid February win at Duke would look great on their post season resume.

I don't know what our problem has been playing at home, except I can tell you this:Opposing teams in general no longer have the FEAR FACTOR playing in Cameron vs a coaching legend. In fact they seem to almost EMBRACE IT!! It's circled on their calendars, and they play their tails off!!

The Crazies were awesome vs UVA (our last home game),and nearly willed us to victory. Despite my concerns I believe Duke will rise to the occasion tonite, and Duke will win fairly handily. Coach will have 'em ready, and we're not losing again this year in Cameron! Duke, 96-82. OFC

Stay out of foul trouble and rebound. Wendell has been playing better and hopefully he continues it.

Duke 78
WF 71

Used to be Cameron Indoor was a fortress and losses were rare. Lately teams dont seem intimidated anymore. This one will be close. If our guards show up with a better game we win, if not the result could be in jeopardy

Hart and Sky, I know you are doing a reverse jinx. I hope you don't put money on your prediction.

Reactions: skysdad
Used to be Cameron Indoor was a fortress and losses were rare. Lately teams dont seem intimidated anymore. This one will be close. If our guards show up with a better game we win, if not the result could be in jeopardy
This team seem to play well away from Cameron (minus OSU and FSU, games we *should* have won) which bode well for post season play. Just saying

Reactions: christophero
Really not loving Paolo game…two threes and a long two and none of them are even close. He also has a turnover…

He wants to be a perimeter player and he isn’t even close to one. Saying he’s playing poorly over the past few weeks is being kind.

We have scored on all but one possession since Paolo went to the bench with his second foul.

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
Wishing we had kept the hammer down, but still a good first half overall. WF is a solid team. If we maintain our confidence we win this one going away by 18. I also am not a fan of Banchero jacking up threes. I still don't understand why they don't post him up down lower. But what do I know?

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
We had 9 possessions in a row where we took outside jump shots without a look in the paint...we went 0-9. Once we went inside we scored more regularly. Got greedy at the end of the half and lost some of the lead. If we learn the lessons of the first half we win by 10+

Duke up 17 over a good Wake team. Ill take it. Coach K not feeling well so Scheyer to coach. Hope he is okay.

Scheyer has game pressure now…guess we will see what kind of decisions he makes.
Benching Paolo would be my first one…

Glad to see Moore in that little scrum…we need somebody to show some kind of toughness and not back away.

Cant believe AJ shot that…we are a really dumb team

Our last two possessions are a Paolo three and AJ jacking up a three up 7 with a ton of secs left on the shot clock

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT