ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS VIRGINIA TECH OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

The question is will Duke players getting some burn now help the team at the end of the season, or throw off continuity when Zion is back.
Duke was really awesome with Kyrie, he got hurt, they adjusted, then when he came back probably didn’t have time to adjust back .
I only see it as a positive when Zion comes back. He doesn’t demand the ball, nor does he need an x amount of points to be happy.
I think Zion is all about winning, and playing good in the process.

There was a game not long ago where at half he was told he had 19 points. He thought he only had 8 or 10.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
The question is will Duke players getting some burn now help the team at the end of the season, or throw off continuity when Zion is back.
Duke was really awesome with Kyrie, he got hurt, they adjusted, then when he came back probably didn’t have time to adjust back .
Kyrie was out 3 months, Duke had to establish completely new roles and had to morph into a different team.
Zion is gonna be out 2 or 3 games, completely different situation.

And for the record...bringing Kyrie back was the correct play. We just didn't have anyone to stop Derrick Williams, not Kyrie's fault.

Kyrie was out 3 months, Duke had to establish completely new roles and had to morph into a different team.
Zion is gonna be out 2 or 3 games, completely different situation.

And for the record...bringing Kyrie back was the correct play. We just didn't have anyone to stop Derrick Williams, not Kyrie's fault.

For sure. You can't have a player the caliber of Kyrie Irving 100% healthy and not play him.

I hated that game. Arizona's offensive efficiency that game: 134.7. At the time that was the highest offensive efficiency Duke had faced in at least a decade. More about that game here. I loved that blog

I hated that game. Arizona's offensive efficiency that game: 134.7. At the time that was the highest offensive efficiency Duke had faced in at least a decade. More about that game here. I loved that blog

Nothing at all worked that game!

Reactions: jwill133
I like Duke in this game by single digits, but its probably the most nervous I've been about a game since UVA.

72-66 Duke

Baker over/under 8 points?

One of the many important games we played that should have revealed many of the flaws in our outdated defensive strategy/philosophy.

I was glad we got Kyrie back but trying to re-incorporate him into a deny (instead of a gap) defensive scheme was doomed.

Then again I'm not sure playing a zone would have made a difference. When a player as good as Kyrie misses that much time, how in the world do you try to build any continuity on the defensive end.

Damn you 4pm PST games!!! I’ll catch up in an hour or so.

OT and not that it really matters but how is VA ranked 2 and we're 3?

Please play with a chip on your shoulder tonight! Refuse to Lose. Win this one and we will talk "K" into giving you tomorrow off! :D
Go Duke!
OFC

That was a quick release by the reaper.

Gotta love the wrong official calling and anticipation call.

I think I’m in favor of men’s college hoops moving the 3-point line back to NBA range.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT