ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS TROY NCAA 2ND RD OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
LET'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE this time of the year!!!!!!!!! I feel good about this game and the way we're playing, obviously. However, the NCAA tourney can be very unkind (as we know all too well).

So let's not play with Troy tonight. Punch them in the mouth from the opening tip and stomp on their throats while they're down to so we can suffocate them and take them out of the game from the beginning.

In the spirit of taking every opponent seriously (which obviously we always do), I'll throw a little Troy knowledge at you. This is a very offensively efficient Troy team. They only average 12 turnovers per game, have three scorers with double-figure averages and can knock down the three-ball well (almost 37%).

The Trojans come into tonight's game with an overall record of 22-14 with zero wins over any power five teams. They did give USC a run for their money in mid-December but they also lost, at home, to a deplorable South Florida squad.

On the other hand, we're by far the superior team. Deeper on the perimeter, four guards that can drop 20+ on any given night, an improving defense and a budding star in Harry Giles...Oh yeah, and the GOAT. Because of our firepower, Troy won't be able to hang around for long.

Tonight's NCAA tournament opener airs on TBS and will tip at approx. 7:20pm est.

Duke 93

Troy 74

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 2 skerz 3
That's a pretty big scoring number kville. I think we'll eat em up 83-60

It sure feels like we have momentum coming out of the ACCT, but that was almost a week ago. It would be nice to have at least one game this weekend where we dominate from the tip to the final horn and roll. We can all sit back, relax, and enjoy a stress free game. And I feel like we see that today.

Duke 84
Troy 62

Win and advance!

Go Duke!

Alan

Every journey begins with a single step.

Villanova, Gonzaga, and Arizona all had some tense moments to varying degrees yesterday. No one is to be taken lightly. I would like Duke to firmly be in control, that would be a good sign.

Duke - 84
Troy - 68

We're 20 point favorites. I really hope we cover. I want this game out of reach so guys like Bolden and DeLaurier get to see the floor the last 5-10 minutes.

I don't see this one being close at all, maybe for just a bit at the beginning of the game but Duke pulls away and wins big.

Duke: 89

Troy: 61

Let's go Duke!!!

Well folks, here we are, last time around. My favorite time of the year, especially when Duke cuts down the nets! We are 0-0 with 6 to go. Even if we have the first game jitters, or just a slow start, Duke will win this first one big!
Go Duke!
OFC

Duke by around 20.

One of Troy's leading scorers is a kid by the name of Wesley Person, Jr. His dad was a pretty good NBA player, and his uncle was the Rifleman, Chuck Person.

Reactions: 2 skerz 3 and dbav
Duke by around 20.

One of Troy's leading scorers is a kid by the name of Wesley Person, Jr. His dad was a pretty good NBA player, and his uncle was the Rifleman, Chuck Person.

Good info. I wonder how many times the announcers will mention that tonight.

Duke by 18.

Dear Lonzo Ball, Duke ain't losing this one and your dad is a joke at best. Good luck with Big Baloney Brand. Duke....YUGE !

Duke 93
Troy 74

Will be in flight home at game time.
Hope coach K showed the team the Lehigh game.

OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
I'm worried a little about the longer layoff (even though we probably needed it) because Duke doesn't seem to play well after one.
We also have a bit of reputation for flaming out early in the tourney, and that is the kind of thing that keeps coaches and players engaged even if it looks bleak early on. The air of invincibility we once had years ago was enough to beat many opponents before they even stepped on the court. We don't have that anymore.

But we're still Duke, and very talented. This group is one tough, battle tested club. It's been a long hard season, with many pitfalls, but dividends are finally being reaped. We're playing well, playing together, and I really feel this group has come together to be a team at last, instead of just a collective group of individual talents. We've got a shot at being special, and here is the first obstacle. Let's roll...Go Duke!

Duke 82
Troy 69

OFC

Come out focused and put this one away before half-time....would love to see us put a team away....tonight is that game

It'll be shaky first half. It's the Dance. But we'll send it in hard in the second half. This group we have here, they are gaining serious focus.

We showed what we were mad of during our ACC Title run but to be honest I still kind of don't know what to expect of this Duke team. I know we are better and I feel we will win but this Honkey is nervous.

Did anybody see LaMelo Balls tweet? Said "Troy over DUKE! Biggest upset of Tourney"

Who gives a holy rats anus what some sophomore or junior high school kid is predicting about the game?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT