ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS ST. JOHN'S OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

K needs to figure out something with Allen.....this is gone on long enough.....one basket for him is ludicrous....it’s become a trend....

doesn’t happen much anymore...
drumroll-pleasehere-comes-the-drama-b6865.png

Why is it okay for Grayson to not be involved in the offense...it's like he is our 5th option....I just don't get it!

Reactions: hart2chesson
Why do so many of you count the team out in March after every loss? Every team in the country have had awful games and we’re no different. Yea, we played like $hit today. Yea, it’ll sting for a couple days. But man, show some confidence. What if we rattled off the next 5 in a row. Would you say the same? True fans don’t just dismiss a team this talented. Idc how bad we just played.

I'm not sure what these guys do at halftime. They must have nap time and spend the first 12 minutes of the 2nd half trying to wake up. Every game they come out for the 2nd half with very little effort. I remember that's when we used to go on our patent runs and go up big or retake leads when we were down.

Man that was awful. 90 percent of that game was unwatchable basketball. Never seen a Duke team with this many just awful losses.

Grayson Allen is overated, his defense sucks
Wouldn’t say over rated. I’m sure he’ll go for 20+ like he always does at Carolina. But I’d much rather have Gary taking that shot. Or even a hot handed Tre.

As for the defense I’m glad it’s improving by the team as a whole. Not worried about a single player.

At least Bolden was solid today.
Bad 3 by Bags late in the game should have went inside or let Duval continue driving as they couldn’t stop him. This game has me hoping to make it to the second weekend instead of believing they were going to make it to the second weekend as was the case before had.
This team just has no fire for 40 mins. Disappointing

To everybody saying we don't get out of the second round, I'm taking all bets.
This is definitely a get knocked off by Mercer or Lehigh type team...we run up on a team with seniors and juniors in the first round we are done! I called it with Mercer and everyone thought it was a joke until we had to watch dude doing the nay-nay for years!!!

It's time for duval to sit and Allen run point. He had a stretch where he was good but the rest of the game he's garbage. If Grayson isn't going to score at least he can distribute

It’s just becoming obvious that we play down to competition. And on the road we have these stretches that are just effortless. That comes down to getting lackadaisical when we get a lead. This literally every time we go on the road and play someone. I believe when it’s do-or-die they will show up. I’m not worried about any loss unless it’s to UNC or in March. We’ve seen plenty stretches where we look unstoppable which makes me optimistic.

What’s up with Grayson though? Is it that he’s not aggressive or he’s falling down the totem pole on offense?

This was a terrible loss, the other 3 losses are against conference foes so I don’t count those as terrible loses. Duke just lost to a team which had lost 11 straight and was winless in the Big East. Looks like Duke now has to win the ACC Tournament to have a shot at a #1 seed.

K needs to figure out something with Allen.....this is gone on long enough.....one basket for him is ludicrous....it’s become a trend....
His defense isn't good enough for him to not be scoring, either. Something has to change.

This was a terrible loss, the other 3 losses are against conference foes so I don’t count those as terrible loses. Duke just lost to a team which had lost 11 straight and was winless in the Big East. Looks like Duke now has to win the ACC Tournament to have a shot at a #1 seed.

Duke is overrated and I blame a lot on the coaches to not figure something out defensively or to have the team prepared every game. I’m over this one and done stuff. It worked one year and they had senior leadership.

It's time for duval to sit and Allen run point. He had a stretch where he was good but the rest of the game he's garbage. If Grayson isn't going to score at least he can distribute

I can't get on board with this.I saw heart from Duval minus the FT misses. Makes more sense to bench the player with only 7 points...

Reactions: ioliva
Dude we lost in the first weekend five times since 2007 and another three times on the very first game of the second week.....that’s 8 times since 2007 we haven’t played on the second weekend or have been out on the Thurs/Friday game which isn’t a weekend....So Drama...LMAO those are straight facts...I would love to see us play on the second weekend...it actually does not happen much anymore....

Reactions: ioliva
It’s just becoming obvious that we play down to competition. And on the road we have these stretches that are just effortless. That comes down to getting lackadaisical when we get a lead. This literally every time we go on the road and play someone. I believe when it’s do-or-die they will show up. I’m not worried about any loss unless it’s to UNC or in March. We’ve seen plenty stretches where we look unstoppable which makes me optimistic.

What’s up with Grayson though? Is it that he’s not aggressive or he’s falling down the totem pole on offense?
Is he falling, he's in the basement and has been for a while and I dot get it!

Why do so many of you count the team out in March after every loss? Every team in the country have had awful games and we’re no different. Yea, we played like $hit today. Yea, it’ll sting for a couple days. But man, show some confidence. What if we rattled off the next 5 in a row. Would you say the same? True fans don’t just dismiss a team this talented. Idc how bad we just played.

Because this team hasn't shown that defensively they can pull together and make a title run. I hope they prove me wrong. I want them to prove me wrong. But right now this is not a team that is a threat to win it all.

Yea no doubt the most talented team in the country but they don’t have the desire or fire which is the alarming part for me.

Reactions: DukeDenver
I’m so disgusted right now. Get angry all you want but this team has Early exit written all over them. We can’t make free throws to save our lives and every team in the country knows it

This team has no identity at all. They play long periods of bad basketball almost every game. K cannot spin this one at all. This is a bad team they lost to today. Team hard to watch and Good Lord Grayson Allen where has your game gone?

This offense had no flow today at all! Would not have minded to let Allen run the point for more of the second half.

Some of you guys should really be ashamed of yourselves. These guys that play for Duke are 20 year olds and some of you are calling for K to bench Allen. I just don’t get it. Everyone was begging for Allen to come back for his senior year and he did. Some of our fans are really acting like little kids. Get over yourself, I guarantee you these kids feel worse after a loss than all of us do. Does it sting, you bet it does but don’t act like Carolina fans. We are 19-4 with a lot of season left. Get behind these guys and cheer for them, and take the good with the bad.

Man that was awful. 90 percent of that game was unwatchable basketball. Never seen a Duke team with this many just awful losses.

Haha what? We have four losses and three were awful. We've had many seasons where we had a similar number of awful losses.

Reactions: Dattier
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT