ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS ST. JOHN'S OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Chris Mullin should buy K a nice dinner....This win probably saved him from those "FireMullin.Com" sites from being created.

Even if he does go winless in conference, he can point to this game as a sign of what he is capable of doing.

Welcome to the one and done world. They just don’t understand at the level of intensity you have to play at when DUKE is strapped across your chest. Of course they do know how to sign a contract at years end. That’s the main thing

Some of you guys should really be ashamed of yourselves. These guys that play for Duke are 20 year olds and some of you are calling for K to bench Allen. I just don’t get it. Everyone was begging for Allen to come back for his senior year and he did. Some of our fans are really acting like little kids. Get over yourself, I guarantee you these kids feel worse after a loss than all of us do. Does it sting, you bet it does but don’t act like Carolina fans. We are 19-4 with a lot of season left. Get behind these guys and cheer forthem, and take the good with the bad.

You can teach all you want but it works both ways. I can teach you how to fight fire but unless you’re willing to learn and execute you’ll still not be able to do it.

Going on your analogy if your team is having consistent problems fighting off fires year after year then it's some type of administrative problem. It's not only that the staff isn't doing a good job but they're doing a poor job with making up these teams. 2015 had 2 seasoned experienced veteran guys who could contribute and possessed leadership qualities. There's huge holes that are evident in this team but the biggest is leadership. I've said it before and I'll say it again Grayson doesn't provide this team with and leadership/veteran qualities. He needs to lead these young guys but he doesn't. He's not vocal, he defers and he doesn't calm these guys when they're rattled. This team needs a guy who can lead them on the court and he needs to step up and do it.

Nah. I don't need to throw around money to cover up my insecurities. I'll save that for you. What else ya got?

That's what I thought. Anyway, glad we lost so you could show up and post again, enjoy.

Some of you guys should really be ashamed of yourselves. These guys that play for Duke are 20 year olds and some of you are calling for K to bench Allen. I just don’t get it. Everyone was begging for Allen to come back for his senior year and he did. Some of our fans are really acting like little kids. Get over yourself, I guarantee you these kids feel worse after a loss than all of us do. Does it sting, you bet it does but don’t act like Carolina fans. We are 19-4 with a lot of season left. Get behind these guys and cheer for them, and take the good with the bad.
They feel worse than us? I’ve loved this ream my whole life! For them this is a pit stop on the way to the NBA

This team has no identity at all. They play long periods of bad basketball almost every game. K cannot spin this one at all. This is a bad team they lost to today. Team hard to watch and Good Lord Grayson Allen where has your game gone?
This could easily be a 15-8 team

This team just doesn’t have what the 2015 team had.

This could easily be a 15-8 team
Yeah...off the top of my head we got very lucky to escape Florida and Texas...

All that needs to happen is that we run into teams with good guard play...and most tourney teams have them...

You’ll still be ranked in the top ten, don’t worry. Not the fans or teams fault, so don’t take his negatively. But as sure as the sun rises in the east, Duke will be ranked top 10.

Going on your analogy if your team is having consistent problems fighting off fires year after year then it's some type of administrative problem. It's not only that the staff isn't doing a good job but they're doing a poor job with making up these teams. 2015 had 2 seasoned experienced veteran guys who could contribute and possessed leadership qualities. There's huge holes that are evident in this team but the biggest is leadership. I've said it before and I'll say it again Grayson doesn't provide this team with and leadership/veteran qualities. He needs to lead these young guys but he doesn't. He's not vocal, he defers and he doesn't calm these guys when they're rattled. This team needs a guy who can lead them on the court and he needs to step up and do it.
Sorry! I forgot you’ve been to every practice. The staff can teach and show but until they execute it’s on the players. They have to want it more than the other team. They didn’t want it. Duke was down 3. Grayson moved around the screen and took a poor shot. Actually he did it twice in the last two minutes. Why? Did K not give him enough practice time to shoot the 3. They have to learn to not panic. They’ll get it. Relax!!!

You guys sound like spoiled brats. Grow a pair. That only counts as one loss. We’re about to go play UNC, and it’d be nice if you pessimists stopped crying by then so we can actually support our team. Otherwise, peace out until then.

Tough game. We had poor movement on offense and again we missed key ft's. Something else happened as well, lots of you seem to be missing. The Johnnies played great. I see all of you griping about how many games they've lost but did you check them out? They lost a ton of close games, almost beat Villanova and Xavier. At any rate, crappy loss, next play. UNC , we beat them and the game will be little more than a memory. I feel like we will.

Reactions: Canadian Dukie
Duke is overrated and I blame a lot on the coaches to not figure something out defensively or to have the team prepared every game. I’m over this one and done stuff. It worked one year and they had senior leadership.

I wouldn't say overrated. They are definitely talented enough for their rating. I think it's more "under achieving". I'm still trying to stay optimistic, but man these kind of games make it tough.

Reactions: hart2chesson
This seems to be a reoccurring issue. I think K just doesn't coach the way he used to. It's best just to enjoy how ever many years he has left and lower your expectations.

Reactions: germantondevil
MELTDOWN!!!’ At devils illustrated message board!!!! Hate to say it but it’s kind of understandable today. We can’t lose to another team that bad again because we don’t play another team that bad again. Just sayin.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Sorry! I forgot you’ve been to every practice. The staff can teach and show but until they execute it’s on the players. They have to want it more than the other team. They didn’t want it. Duke was down 3. Grayson moved around the screen and took a poor shot. Actually he did it twice in the last two minutes. Why? Did K not give him enough practice time to shoot the 3. They have to learn to not panic. They’ll get it. Relax!!!

Lol you don't need to go to practice every day to see that Duke has had problems defensively consistently for the past decade. That's a coaching issue. Whether it's the way the team is being built or the coaching that's being done is your pick. It's funny too how many times that people have said on this board "they'll get it relax!" and then we go onto the tournament lose and start saying how they always knew this team wouldn't go far. Duke has constantly had the same problems year after year for the last decade besides two years.

This seems to be a reoccurring issue. I think K just doesn't coach the way he used to. It's best just to enjoy how ever many years he has left and lower your expectations.

Great analysis. Stupid, but great analysis.

Yeah...off the top of my head we got very lucky to escape Florida and Texas...

All that needs to happen is that we run into teams with good guard play...and most tourney teams have them...
If im an opposing coach in a close game under 3 minutes to play im fouling

I am sure that you feel bad but saying you care more about Duke than the players do is absolutely ludricous.These guys sweat blood for the school.
I know they do. As fans we get angry too an that’s expected. Our passion for This program runs deep

This team has 4 losses and some posters on here are in total meltdown mode. Relax, NC State is a tournament team beating Unc, Duke, and Arizona. Boston College was the 1st conference game and on the road. Virginia was the #2 ranked team and has one of the best defenses in the country. This loss was terrible, no doubt. Good thing our guys still have 8 regular season games to fine tune it up. Don’t be a fair weather fan and only cheer the team on when things are going well for Duke.

Reactions: dukesince91
I am sure that you feel bad but saying you care more about Duke than the players do is absolutely ludricous.These guys sweat blood for the school.
Agreed, if Duke was just a “pit stop” for guys like Grayson Allen then I must have missed his first 3 years. I assume the original poster is about 20 years old.

You guys sound like spoiled brats. Grow a pair. That only counts as one loss. We’re about to go play UNC, and it’d be nice if you pessimists stopped crying by then so we can actually support our team. Otherwise, peace out until then.

We lost to a team that is 0-11 in the Big East.

Reactions: germantondevil
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT