ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS ST. JOHN'S OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

You know what I'm made of? I know what you're full of. You haven't changed since you've gotten older, you're still the guy who likes to show up and poke when fans are upset. It's your thing , I get it. I liked the Dattier comment about how you use to light him up back in the day, lol, funny , I've never. Seen that happen.
You don't get it so move along and continue with the wannabe tough guy act. It's good for comic relief if nothing else.

I don't agree w/ the apparent insinuation that these things happen b/c they're thinking about what kind of car they're going to buy in June when they ought to be focused on the game they're playing now.

Simpler... pretty much every type freshman -- OAD or 4-year guys -- hits a wall, and it's as much about mental strength and maturity as being worn out physically. Too often we assume it's about effort, or heart, which are judgments about guys' characters.

It's like mental health. When someone has leukemia we don't hold it against them. Someone is schizophrenic? We have anger and resentment toward them. An alarmingly unathletic guy gets beat off the dribble and we cast blame elsewhere b/c we get that he can't stay in front of a quick opponent. A really talented 19-year-old in his first season has a moment of uncertainty b/c of quick ball movement and a good screen and a bunch of crowd noise and all of a sudden we start accusing him of having one foot out the door and not caring about Duke.
I agree with your overall point, but let’s not assume too much about my op. Not caring about Duke isn’t the same as taking plays off. I think some of our freshmen oscillate between 100% commitment and 80%. 100% when things are going well, then less when tired/frustrated. I’m sure losing pisses Bags off. He cares about Duke a ton. But does he really feel that bad when he doesn’t hustle back in transition?

Let these posters vent however they want. It's their outlet.
Who's stopping them?

No one is entitled to vent publicly free from the possibility of criticism in return. You couldn't light up dry brush pile w/ that weak a grasp on the principles of free speech.

This team has too many holes to win it all unless the match ups go our way and somehow they have a collective epiphany. Allen as a senior leader has to score more than 7 pts, Duvall as our PG has to shoot better than 5-13 and 0-2 FT and 4 TO's...that isnt leading us to the NT...defensively we have no identity...some zone, some man to man, throw in some pressure....we are all over the place...no consistency at all. This team hasnt improved and looks like last years team basically.
The bench has not been used or improved, our PG situation is a mess and our senior is neither leading by example nor helping the others get better. I like Grayson but he has to step up his game or his leadership or this gets of the rails fast. I just love this OAD era.

I agree with your overall point, but let’s not assume too much about my op. Not caring about Duke isn’t the same as taking plays off. I think some of our freshmen oscillate between 100% commitment and 80%. 100% when things are going well, then less when tired/frustrated. I’m sure losing pisses Bags off. He cares about Duke a ton. But does he really feel that bad when he doesn’t hustle back in transition?
I trust your overall posting quality, so I'm assuming this is a perspective/preference/communication thing.

I think mental exhaustion is the reason for the overwhelming majority of these errors. The younger the player individually and team collectively, the worse that's going to be, and it's developmentally appropriate.

I trust your overall posting quality, so I'm assuming this is a perspective/preference/communication thing.

I think mental exhaustion is the reason for the overwhelming majority of these errors. The younger the player individually and team collectively, the worse that's going to be, and it's developmentally appropriate.
Mental fatigue is certainly a big factor. Our frosh are overstimulated.

My OVP score is 123.6. I think that makes me at least a 3 seed.

Reactions: Dattier
Ok, here is how bad it is. Ky is losing and I can't even get excited about it! I don't even care if they come back and win or not. This is an all time low for me! I've never been so upset that a ky loss didn't help at least a little bit!!
Yea you aren’t kidding about that one!

Reactions: DukefanKY
No. Like when you show up for message board patrol to try and boost your self-confidence like clockwork.
Brush up on the First Amendment. This is the second time today you've responded w/ an obvious lack of comprehension to what I just told you.

What unfortunate timing for you that the day you decided to stop moving your lips while reading synched up with a Duke loss. You could've used more practice.

Who's stopping them?

No one is entitled to vent publicly free from the possibility of criticism in return. You couldn't light up dry brush pile w/ that weak a grasp on the principles of free speech.
Eh. Just not fun like it used to be Datt. Come stronger with something or move on. You just aren't worth my time these days.

Brush up on the First Amendment. This is the second time today you've responded w/ an obvious lack of comprehension to what I just told you.

What unfortunate timing for you that the day you decided to stop moving your lips while reading synched up with a Duke loss. You could've used more practice.
Better. But, still not enough. Continue with your Message Board Patrol. I have to move on with my night.

Eh. Just not fun like it used to be Datt. Come stronger with something or move on. You just aren't worth my time these days.
I'll withhold comment until you catch up. It's right there, in this thread, unlike this mythical pwning you're trumpeting.

It’s my fault we lost this game. We’re 0-3 when I watch it at my girl house. I told her ill never watch another game when she’s in the vicinity. Sorry fellas

Reactions: gottagonow
I can agree one thing around here...... we were down right terrible today. Whats worse then terrible??? We were that

My dog just crapped on the floor. Was gonna post something, really didn't know which direction I should go in, then I realize..nah, that's it. Eloquent little bitch, she is.

Get off my nuts....

Think about it, you couldn't make it on a board where the other fools are UNCheat fans, guys like Archer, Steat, and Keyser. What does that say about you?
nnsns.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT