ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS ST. JOHN'S OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
We skipped the yearly trip to Madison Square Garden last year but we're back this year.

Although St. John's has struggled this year, they have found a way to be competitive in most of their losses - especially against ranked teams.

Nonetheless, I think we win this game, and win it by double figures. We are favored by -10 !/2 but I'll guess 14.

Today's game is an early tip at 12pm est and will air on Fox.

Duke 88

St. John's 74

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Duke goes down early by 15, but then MP3 and Jah come from the locker room, we play them at the 4/5, with Bagley and the 2 and Carter at the 3. Duval runs the point, throws lobs only the rest of the game, Grayson and Trent leave early to do a bit of touring of the city, and Duke wins:

86-71

Reactions: GillJET
Duke 85
St. John's 69.

Another strong defensive effort resulting in a rise into the top 40 Kenpom defensive ranking.

Here's to hoping the "D" shows up and continues to improve. This young team gets another game older, and the guards look to become more consistent with their scoring. Duke continues their win streak.
Go Duke!
OFC

I hate playing early games.

Duke 90
St. Johns 76

I'm a little worried (but I'm always worried) that this game will be tougher than everyone anticipates. Sure, the Johnnies have been losing, but they're not pushovers. During this losing streak they've lost to Xavier twice, once by 6 points, and the other time by 5. They also lost to Villanova by only 7. They won't rollover for us, we're going to have to jump on them early and rip their hearts out if we want to win this game without a fight.
Again, I'm going to have to miss this game, so keep the faith, and kick ass.

Duke 80
St. Johns 76

OFC

I'm not worried about this game at all. What I am worried about is Thursday night and Big Fluke May. I lost sleep last night thinking about it. The ACC POY is waiting.

Although St. John’s has given Duke fits in the past, I don’t expect this to be a game to be honest.

Duke: 94
St. John’s: 67

Let’s Go Duke!!

Bagley is trying to do to much of late. His best performances have come quietly. Allowing the game to come to him and cleaning the offensive glass! Suddenly he is drifting to the perimeter more and more. Forcing him to crate off the bounce and be out of position for offensive rebounds.

Bagley is trying to do to much of late. His best performances have come quietly. Allowing the game to come to him and cleaning the offensive glass! Suddenly he is drifting to the perimeter more and more. Forcing him to crate off the bounce and be out of position for offensive rebounds.

He's been working in the paint more than on the perimeter in this game....

Sloppy start and letting a sub par team hang around and build confidence, not a good recipe. Go hard guys and spread on this team.

When Bolden went went into the game I took a long look at him and watched his body language and the expression on his face and I have to admit that I now agree with what some of you feel about his future at Duke. He's either going to transfer or he's going pro somewhere. Don't know why I didn't see this last year or this year so far. I guess I just need to be more observant. :rolleyes::) OFC

We gotta serious pg problem or slump whatever you want to call it .Our offense could be so gooooood! Hell wouldn’t need D! Lol (joking) kinda. Carter is a slump on D. If not for our recruiting I’d say carter be back..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT