ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS ST. JOHN'S OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Im just disappointed. You're on a "rival" board, and this is it? Your poor wife, girlfriend, husband, boyfriend, or gender-neutral. I thought you'd be better....
kdwol_s-200x150.gif

Reactions: TheDude1
Not sure if I’m the only one who feels this way but I am almost glad we lost this particular game as a specific lesson for our guys. The announcers kept referring to the fact that it felt like a tournament game and I sort of felt that way as well. Possibly not in the way they meant with it being a close game in a big arena but it definitely had shades of last year’s South Carolina game and many of the other lower seed upsets we’ve had against us where a team is allowed to hang around and gain confidence for 40 minutes. It is uncanny how a player gaining confidence against us seems to turn into a superstar, this certainly isn’t unique to this year’s team. We’ve certainly had bad losses over the past few years to teams we should have beaten but in my recollection most were in conference and didn’t have nearly the atmosphere of this one.

With the early season comebacks I think our guys felt like they could take most of the game off and always come storming back to win. Hopefully the BC, UVA and this game has shown them that even with our ability to come back you don’t want to give a team the chance to beat you at the very end of the game when you could simply play harder the whole game (especially when you shoot free throws the way we do). Whether they realize it now or not, I’m hoping that if they encounter a game like this in the tournament, which I’m guessing they will, they will have pretty specific context of what to do to avoid this outcome.

I'm frustrated as well, but get sick of all the bitching and whining when things don't go certain fans ways. SJ's has played good defense, we've been sloppy with the ball, and we've had too many one on one plays. Unfortunately, this team can beat any team in the nation and can lose to any.
Theres a solution for you 91. Why don't you go through all the post that make you sick and put those posters on ignore.

A lot of these loses I hate to say has to do some with K (working on man to man)! I wish he’d just go zone 100% and give up sometimes ...but 5 titles hard to go against lol better to flourish late then early sorry va hahaha does make thT loss look a little better now being anybody can beat us and we can beat anybody

I have to admit, I am not in love with Trevon at the point. He tends to go into lots of traffic and not necessarily bring the ball to a spot where he can make an easy pass. I feel like he actually clogs things up a bit.

Teams are playing Grayson HARD on D, but yeah, we've got to run him a LOT more. Move him around like JJ did towards the end... the guy never sat still, and went around five picks a play.

And we've got to play the goddamn bench. At this point I think the guys, maybe subconsciously, know that failure is acceptable and they'll just keep playing. Sometimes you've got to worry about getting yanked.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT