ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS ST. JOHN'S OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

We just lost to a team that has not won 1 single game in the big east... man....

Reactions: HDMD
I've yet to really criticize this team so early on the way I have with teams in the past but this terrible. Don't give me that "they're young" stuff. This team is getting beat by non tournament teams. I don't know whether to put it on the staff, the players, or both but something has to change because as it is right now this "best recruiting class ever" is nothing more than a 32 or sweet 16 team. Pathetic.

I’m so disgusted right now. Get angry all you want but this team has Early exit written all over them. We can’t make free throws to save our lives and every team in the country knows it

Another year of early exit coming. Don’t know why this team can’t figure it out. Oh well I’m lowering my expectations going forward. Very disappointed in this team. Not looking forward to Thursday game.

Duke's poor defense and shockingly bad free throw shooting sucks because I have Final Four tickets. Oh well.

Embarrassing. Grayson is probably my all time favorite Dukie. But he needs to realize how many studs he’s playing with. He can’t hit water if he fell out of a boat right now, let other guys take big shots!!

Um yea our fans are a special kind of dumb when they continue to not see the black and white. This was the trap of all trap games

Reactions: dukesince91
Coach K doesn't seem to be able to get through to these kids anymore. Defensively this team has to be one of the worst in college basketball. In fact, I dont remember a very good defensive team in the last few years.

Well everyone who has stated the “ starting five” needed to gel and be able to pull out tight games. They have played together since October and have not gelled. If loosing to teams your supposed to crush is gelling well we look good and it’s February.

St. John’s were talking they lost 11 games straight. Don’t say trap game especially after their own coach said they were a team who hadn’t found the right combination. Well they found it today.

Have to figure out a way to play 40 minutes not just turn it on and off when they want to. Grayson has to get more involved somehow. On to Carolina

I’d be happy just to watch Duke play on the second weekend....doesn’t happen much anymore...

Agreed. This team is primed for a 64 or 32 round loss. Can't wait to read the long time fans on the board blame the kids instead of the coaching staff for something that's been a consistent story for years.

Reactions: dukecorey
This is a team that, if they are a 2 or 3 seed, could actually lose in the 1st round, depending on who they play. At the same time, they could beat anyone. It's totally frustrating. But, #1 seed is almost surely gone at this point (given that there will be more losses in the ACC).

I've yet to really criticize this team so early on the way I have with teams in the past but this terrible. Don't give me that "they're young" stuff. This team is getting beat by non tournament teams. I don't know whether to put it on the staff, the players, or both but something has to change because as it is right now this "best recruiting class ever" is nothing more than a 32 or sweet 16 team. Pathetic.
Dude it’s coaching.....the players have become a revolving door...and we have the same problems every year....our tourney results are pretty much a good indicator of that with our first weekend exits becoming routine....

I’ve tried to stay positive and believe in this team, but that just got ripped away today. Something is missing and Coaches can’t put a finger on it.

Embarrassing. Grayson is probably my all time favorite Dukie. But he needs to realize how many studs he’s playing with. He can’t hit water if he fell out of a boat right now, let other guys take big shots!!

Grayson Allen is overated, his defense sucks

On a side note, with a guy like Ponds and some length and athleticism, it is borderline shameful that that team lost 11 in a row.

Agreed. This team is primed for a 64 or 32 round loss. Can't wait to read the long time fans on the board blame the kids instead of the coaching staff for something that's been a consistent story for years.
You can teach all you want but it works both ways. I can teach you how to fight fire but unless you’re willing to learn and execute you’ll still not be able to do it.

Reactions: sheyduke
This is an embarrassing loss. I've seen some people, even before the game, say that SJ is good - they're not good; they were 10-13.

I told my brother a month ago that this Duke team can absolutely win the National Championship or absolutely get beat in the first round.

This speaks more to myself than it does this team, but I need to stop letting our play in November and December set a standard of expectations for later in the year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT