ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS PORTLAND STATE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

If we're focused, we won't lose many. We have too many weapons. These freshmen have to bring it no matter who the opponent is. Bagley and Carter are beasts, but Grayson is so unselfish. He only took 7 shots and had 9 assists. That is a leader. He wants to win.

Reactions: christophero
What a total mental breakdown by the Portland State players. And somehow there will be people coming out of that game saying that Duke played like punks today.

And lol at the technical on Allen.

We dodged a bullet. That's the kind of team that Grayson could easily throw a punch on. He held it together nicely. Wendell was cool as a cucumber as well.

does duke need to pretty much play zone now? played 2nd half zone gave up 31 or 32 points compared to 49 1st half.
We have too much youth to play the man to man K has ran for his career. Maybe later in the season we can be effective with man but it's too complicated to be good when you start 4 freshmen and you have only 1 senior.

We have too much youth to play the man to man K has ran for his career. Maybe later in the season we can be effective with man but it's too complicated to be good when you start 4 freshmen and you have only 1 senior.

thats what im thinking just stat the game in zone. played whole game against msu in zone.

Free Throws scare me. Better fix it before March. If Bagley’s FT’s don’t improve, will be be on the court in crunch time?

We had a good hard fought win against the Portland State Penitentiary. Granted it was hard to concentrate with all the family over for dinner talking. What did they say Grayson said to get the T?

There was like a 12min scoring drought by both teams!

We had a good hard fought win against the Portland State Penitentiary. Granted it was hard to concentrate with all the family over for dinner talking. What did they say Grayson said to get the T?

pretty sure clapping 3 or 4 times while walking away. saying something couldn't tell

stefan-edberg-athlete-quote-a-win-is-a.jpg

I would have put vrank in and said the next person who drives pays a big hard price! A message needed to be sent to those punks

If Grayson didn't know before he knows now he's a target with opposition and the refs. That tech was ridiculous. What's he supposed to do just walk up and down the court. OFC
It's borderline criminal how he's treated by grown people, and I don't know many guys that would tolerate a thug walking up and putting his balls at your head when you're sitting on the floor. Is there something in the water in Oregon, cause that State breeds some low class ball.

Reactions: skysdad
No we need to get better at man, zone creates too many wide open looks. We have a definite area to focus on going forward, this team needs to get much better at defense. We have too many big bodies for that first half. Granted I was trying to make food and watch at the same time, but we have a near unstoppable offense, defense should be a focal point going forward.

Still concerned about our transition D. Teams are getting down the court on offense way too much and also covering the 3 point shot. I know right now our talent is over riding those points but unless we get better it's gonna cost us. OFC

Reactions: diehardDUKIEnKY
Duke will be playing in another national championship game tomorrow night. I’m sure Texas will score much more that they did tonight

Who was that? Alex?
Yes, did you not see him come out sit on the chair with the trainer infront of him and him gasping for air.

Right after he did that 360 spin then ran back on defense and literally was bent over tugging on his shorts.

Just finished watching replay. That Portland State coach is a piece of garbage. He let his guys act like bullies all game. Too bad you can’t bully bigger guys who don’t take your shit. I doubt Coach K ever agrees to play them again.

Their players are like Maryland’s used to be, except not as good.

I recorded the game because I knew I was going to be at my sister’s house eating. I got to watch the first half before I went to my sister’s house and watched the second half at her house but couldn’t really keep up with it because of everything that was going on at my sister’s house. So I was going to watch the second half tonight but when I just went to watch it, only 21 minutes of the game got recorded because my papa stopped the recording. I’m seriously pissed because I wanted to watch the second half of the game because I didn’t really get to see the play where the Portland State player stepped over Grayson and got a technical or when Grayson apparently got a BS technical for clapping as he was walking down the court

I still can't get over North completely losing his mind after the first half he had. He saw how things were going and found a way out. You don't see that in college ball very often.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT