ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS PORTLAND STATE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
HAPPY TURKEY DAY EVERYONE! About now you should be flipping on the television set, kicking back to the smell of turkey in the oven (or tofurkey for all you crazy vegans lol), stuffing, mashed taters (to quote @skysdad) and pumpkin pie.

Watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, then maybe part of the Lions game, get stuffed and prepare for the 4:30 tip against Portland State in the inaugural PK80 tournament at the Moda Center in Portland in honor of Nike’s founder Phil Knight turning 80.

I don’t know much about the Vikings outside of its 4-0 record, members of the Big Sky (if memory serves) and they typically play uptempo and like to press. Furman on Tuesday was a nice warmup game in terms of style and tempo matching how the Vikings like to play.

Similar to Tuesday, Duke is favored by 23 (I believe the Furman game was 24) and similar to Tuesday, I believe we will cover. I think we have covered in every game this season with the exception of the Southern game.

Today’s game is slated for a 4:30 PM EST tip and will air on ESPN HD.

Duke 89

Portland State 62

GO DUKE!!!!

Reactions: skysdad and Mac9192
Duke 90
Portland State 60

I’ll be recording the game because we’ll be going to my sister’s house for Thanksgiving about 5ish and I probably won’t be able to really watch the game with all the commotion that’ll be going on.

Duke 91
Portland St 67

Besides the game ball award, I think we need to give out a turkey leg award. I vote for Guru Gary.
Happy Thanksgiving!

HAPPY TURKEY DAY EVERYONE! About now you should be flipping on the television set, kicking back to the smell of turkey in the oven (or tofurkey for all you crazy vegans lol), stuffing, mashed taters (to quote @skysdad) and pumpkin pie.

Watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, then maybe part of the Lions game, get stuffed and prepare for the 4:30 tip against Portland State in the inaugural PK80 tournament at the Mood Center in Portland in honor of Nike’s founder Phil Knight turning 80.

OR... you could be bucking tradition, hopping on an early flight to Portland, taking a Lyft to your hotel, checking in, and then making a mad dash to the Veterans Memorial Coliseum, to watch your guys beat up on one of the home teams.

Should be a great weekend. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Reactions: PHXDukie
Should be an easy one today.
Not sure who I want to see between Butler and Texas. And then Florida or Gonzaga

I'll have to miss the last ten min or so of the game... Hopefully we're up big already.

Might be interesting early, but once the kids get into the flow, Duke will advance to the next round.
Go Duke!
OFC

Maybe this is a dumb question, but how come there are two separate brackets?

I'm in the eastern time zone and TV schedule shows 4:30. Oh well, I'll be ready whatever time it happens!

Who knows.....I've seen several times where the guide said one thing is on a channel, but when you turn it on, there is something different playing than what it says should be. Hate it when that happens!

Duke gets out big early and puts it on cruise control knowing they tomorrow. Starts here at 4:30 EST

Duke 88
Portland St 68

Duke “carves” up Portland State

Duke 88
Portland State 66

Lots of “stuffing” by Carter

Very clever. Wish I had thought of that. Let's hope Portland State is in for a good " dressing " down and "carving up". OFC

Last edited:
Duke 91
Portland St 67

Besides the game ball award, I think we need to give out a turkey leg award. I vote for Guru Gary.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Thats not the part of the turkey I would like Guru Gary to feast on but its located in the rear of the turkey.

Duke by 25 and around 87 to 62.

Reactions: dukesince91
OR... you could be bucking tradition, hopping on an early flight to Portland, taking a Lyft to your hotel, checking in, and then making a mad dash to the Veterans Memorial Coliseum, to watch your guys beat up on one of the home teams.

Should be a great weekend. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Nice, enjoy! Is today’s game not at the Mood Center? I was in Portland last weekend for work and saw several advertisements that I thought said it was at the Mood Center - and I didn’t do any real research on it so it’s certainlh possible I botched that one lol.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT