ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS NC STATE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

I think this thread speaks volumes about how emotions can get the best of us...and yes I'm definitely including myself. We're supposedly the adults in the room, but as fans we can go overboard with our critique of players (coach too), and with fellow posters.

Now why I mention that is if we're this way on a message board, not playing a game, but merely observing, then how tuff is it be a player on a team that represents a brand of such renown as Duke while struggling through a tortuous losing streak? These guys are having to deal with all the stuff fans are saying about them on social media, while dealing with their own emotions, insecurities, coaches trying to make changes, class work (yeah, we're not UNC), girlfriends, etc. And these guys are 18, 19, & 20 years old. I think they're pretty impressive myself. I know I couldn't have handled it that well at that age, in fact I probably couldn't at this age.

Anyway, just keep in mind these guys are part of the Duke family. Everyone has the right to criticize, but when you do try not to be so 'nasty' about it. All of us get upset when someone calls us names (just read the thread), so keep that in mind when you're talking about our players, and our posters.
I like to think we're all a part of 'The Brotherhood', let's act like it.

OFC

I think this thread speaks volumes about how emotions can get the best of us...and yes I'm definitely including myself. We're supposedly the adults in the room, but as fans we can go overboard with our critique of players (coach too), and with fellow posters.

Now why I mention that is if we're this way on a message board, not playing a game, but merely observing, then how tuff is it be a player on a team that represents a brand of such renown as Duke while struggling through a tortuous losing streak? These guys are having to deal with all the stuff fans are saying about them on social media, while dealing with their own emotions, insecurities, coaches trying to make changes, class work (yeah, we're not UNC), girlfriends, etc. And these guys are 18, 19, & 20 years old. I think they're pretty impressive myself. I know I couldn't have handled it that well at that age, in fact I probably couldn't at this age.

Anyway, just keep in mind these guys are part of the Duke family. Everyone has the right to criticize, but when you do try not to be so 'nasty' about it. All of us get upset when someone calls us names (just read the thread), so keep that in mind when you're talking about our players, and our posters.
I like to think we're all a part of 'The Brotherhood', let's act like.

OFC
Well said Dirt!!!

I like to think we're all a part of 'The Brotherhood', let's act like it.

OFC

Great post dirt . Replying to your post just gives the opportunity to raise my post count and give you another like. :D OFC

I would like to take this opportunity and thank toophly1124 for increasing my likes . He never post but he does like to give me sarcastic likes when I pick on hof coach roy williams or unc cheater u. Looking for that like again toophly1124. ;) OFC

Something else I've noticed.....Hurt is slowly gaining some muscle.

He finished a solid And-1 through contact early in the game last night, he also has started to grab some 50/50 rebounds that he had zero chance of getting a month ago.
He's slowly coming along. We need him....badly.

He seems to play better at home than on the road. You can say that for most of our freshmen but him in particular. He seems like a deer in the headlights on the road. I can’t remmeber what he did in our neutral site games, but I hope he plays like he plays at home during the post season. We need him to be the stretch 4 to keep from having teams double Vern and harass Tre.

Reactions: jwill133
My wife always asks me if I am that upset over a bad play, how do I think the player that made the play feels about it? I just tell her to shut up and get back in the kitchen where she belongs.
And make me a sandwich, lol tell us what you really say

I bet he posts here as one of those “fans.”

Wouldn't doubt it. Everyone is an expert huh dirt. Coach K is getting a little flack about his comments concerning looking up at the ceiling. I support him in his comments. It doesn't take a genius to figure out who he is talking to. Everyone for sure is entitled to their opinions about how the Duke men's basketball team should be run. Let them put on Coach K's dapper suit and walk out there and do better.I have no problem with that because it is just an opinion. Coach K's resume is not an opinion. It's fact. It's also a fact that because of Coach K and his success that the majority of this board are Duke fans. With that said Bobby Knight might have been on to something when he said that when he's dead and gone he hoped they buried him upside down so his critics an kiss his ass. Maybe so with Coach K. That's just my old fart opinion and a old Duke fan. OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
He seems to play better at home than on the road. You can say that for most of our freshmen but him in particular. He seems like a deer in the headlights on the road. I can’t remmeber what he did in our neutral site games, but I hope he plays like he plays at home during the post season. We need him to be the stretch 4 to keep from having teams double Vern and harass Tre.

Hurt is a really, really good scorer. One of the best I've ever watched in high school. But because he was so talented he was able to get away with what he lacked in size. I've love to see him as a college sophomore because he's the kind of guy who could blow up and post big numbers next season. Unfortunately, I just get the vibe from the Hurt family that this is a one-year stop.

Reactions: Quavarius
Now see, you didn’t have to go here. Nobody idolizes thread counts around here, you’re just being pissy, I didn’t even call you out. And I THINK, you understand nobody gets mad around here discussing bad play, it’s team and player trashing we dislike. Once again, you already KNOW, this is the case, you’re just stirring coals. We post here to feel important in life, that’s a bitch comment because your ass is red that some folks called out the crybaby club. Waaaaah Jordan sucks, waaaaa Wendell makes me throw up, waaaaaa this team is done. **** you buncha clowns if you don’t understand it. If this board is so lame and you don’t care about it, why hang out and post with people who can’t stand your whiny asses? You better move on, wouldn’t want your post count to rise, you’ll start feeling all elitist and all. SMFH .

Just for the record I am not one of those whiny posters, in fact like I said I barely ever post I just read a lot of the threads. I haven't posted in a year. Anyway I'm not here to argue, I'm just calling it like I see it. There is some pretty interesting, good conversation here. I enjoy reading the posts.

I'm shocked some here don't have a problem with what K said ..just plain shocked lol

I don't mind what he said but can see how some would consider it arrogance...but I don't care either way

What do those banners have to do with this team is my question

All I’m saying is this, then I’m done. Let’s say next game we all meet up, I get us a lil secret visit to the locker room. We get in there and there’s the team. Are you gonna look at Wendell and tell him every time he dribbles the ball you wanna vomit? You gonna tell Goldwire his game is trash and should only get a few minutes ? You gonna walk up to K and tell him he’s really slipping in the coaching department ? Let me answer these for you. HELL NO. Because you’re a gutless coward typing BS on a message board. End of story. Think before you type.

He hit a MASSIVE 3 against Kansas, would have lost the game if not for that shot.
The games at MSG he didn't do much, believe he got benched most of the game against Georgetown.

I'm shocked some here don't have a problem with what K said ..just plain shocked lol

I don't mind what he said but can see how some would consider it arrogance...but I don't care either way

Coach K is arrogant. You don't get to his position without it.

Those banners have everything to do with the Duke program. Everything.

The banners mean that he deserves the benefit of the doubt when it comes to his coaching and Duke losing a couple games in a row.

He knows what he is doing, he has won 5 titles, us fans have won 0 titles. He is going to coach this team to the best of his ability, which is all we can ask for.

The banners mean that he deserves the benefit of the doubt when it comes to his coaching and Duke losing a couple games in a row.

He knows what he is doing, he has won 5 titles, us fans have won 0 titles. He is going to coach this team to the best of his ability, which is all we can ask for.

So just say come at me....which he did...no need for the rest IMO

I love what K said. IMO he is the best there is....the best there was....and the best there ever will be....

Our kids are our kids and I don't care if you are a 1st team All American or that last dude on the bench, you are a Blue Devil and you will have my undying support in win or a loss. I can't think of it or know any other way. Seeing some of the these comments is like watching shit drain out of a sewer.

Duke Basketball: lasting forever : immortal undying devotion

So just say come at me....which he did...no need for the rest IMO
I think what he's trying to say is to "come at him if you know" what you are talking about and not some random person who thinks he/she knows basketball just by looking at it on TV. The reference to the rafters just has to do with knowledge of the game. You don't get five banners by not knowing what you are doing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT