ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS NC STATE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

We're going to have our hands full with the Cheats on Saturday. They've already put up another banner.

nHTqNCE.jpg

OFC

That's hilarious dirt!

K does it again. Just when everyone started to get on his case, he makes the brilliant switch to zone.

Do I think that was a final 4 looking zone defense? Heck no. We gave up a ton of open shots but caught NC State unprepared for this.

Reactions: Quavarius
Just watched - I will be intrigued to see what Duke does defensively going forward. I would think (hope) it will be a mix.

The zone may not be the answer, but mixing it up from time to time can throw the other team off. For the love of God, our m2m was getting sliced up. That switch dazed State, allowing us to grab the momentum.
Give em a curve ball when they’re sitting on a fastball.

I loved how the kids showed heart. I also loved K's presser how the players take things very hard when they do not play well. Great bounce back game with their aggressiveness in attacking and getting ahead of state's defense. Also loved that the rebounding came back last night.

Last edited:
Nice second half last night. I think we saw loads of effort and energy from the opening tip, but it was masked by self imposed pressure and anxiety. We were super tight, and it showed. We came out in the second half (really after that timeout with a couple mins left in the first) with the same effort and energy, but it was much better focused.......ball control was better, more steals, more transition scores, shots fell, oh, and that Stanley guy can get up!

I loved the switch to zone. I just wonder why K didn't try it in other games when we were getting shredded by high ball screens. Either way, I see it as a great tool to have in the belt. I just hope we use it sometimes, even as others have said just to mix it up a bit with a different look.

Big props to JRob!!

I did not watch the game live. I followed this forum during the game. It sounded like there was no effort at all in the first half.
I watched the game when I got home. I actually thought the effort was good in the first half. Just really ragged play. The zone allowed us to gather ourselves in the second half and State's poor shooting gave us runouts that got the offense going. Just my opinion.

Reactions: AlanInNJ
.cause I have eyes and can see...and go F yourself and worry about yourself prick
You can have this thread all by yourself. Now get off your electronic device and get back to coloring in your book like the other kids at the table. You're not worth my time dick face! Like I told you before, I'll be at the next CTC if you don't mind talking in person and not on here. Otherwise have a nice day and try to stay inside the lines in your coloring book.

Feel like Alex is out of the rotation. Jack and Joey battling for the last spot. Personally I think we need either Joey or Alex's shooting off the bench more than anything. I hope someone grows some confidence and gets on a roll here. We aren't going to the Final 4 with Goldwire playing 38 mpg like he did last night.

J-Rob IMO should play over Javin and deserves 10-15 minutes. Joey or Jack will be the 8th guy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT