ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS KANSAS OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD**

If it had been Long Beach State that had beaten last night I would be concerned. KU played well and I'm not concerned at all. OFC

Reactions: dbav
I knew we'd lose, but I do admire the fight in the team last night. That's a positive to take away from last night. I'm sorry, but what was up with Grayson? If we get his normal production, we win by 5-10. I don't think he was healthy at all in the second half, but he played anyway. I think that hurt us, but since we were already in a bind, he felt he had to play.

I just watched last nights game on tv, but in the 3 games I have watched Grayson does not look like the same player I have grown accustomed to seeing the last 2 years. He doesn't seem to be playing with the same "fire" and his body language does not look great. It almost looks like the whole "villain" thing has made him take a step back with his emotions.

I just watched last nights game on tv, but in the 3 games I have watched Grayson does not look like the same player I have grown accustomed to seeing the last 2 years. He doesn't seem to be playing with the same "fire" and his body language does not look great. It almost looks like the whole "villain" thing has made him take a step back with his emotions.

Grayson was largely taken out of the game last night as per KU's strategy to do so. I also wonder how he felt coming out of the locker room in the second half after the fall. Having said that, and I'm not trying to immediately jump to conclusions, his play has seemed a bit off while watching the exhibitions and early games.

DH I see your point and I'm not trying to point fingers at the mods. You guys are spectacular.

What exactly have I done to make you be such a jerk? I quit talking about Matt after you came down authoritarian and I didn't say anything else. If you got a problem tell me. As for when he does bad pointing it out dang right I will. I said how awful Grayson was tonight too. Does that upset you? Why not berate me for that as well? When someone else sucks I'll say so too. And what do I need to be careful of? Please tell me because I haven't done one thing for you to act like this over. Also don't pull your little "stop playing the victim" or "grow up" cards because I want a real answer

Are you serious? I pointed it out before and then you find the need to make the subtle "be careful" comment to another poster, on top of that. You're either an idiot or you know exactly what you're doing. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming the latter.

And no, when someone plays a bad game there's nothing wrong with pointing it out. But is that really what you do with Matt? And I'm asking you to be honest. I think we both know the answer to that. (Think back to the comments you've made in other threads regarding him and try to see what me and everyone else is seeing from you.)

To the common basketball fan, Matt is a role player. He's a spot shooter, above-average defender and someone who has strong leadership skills. Some games, like last night, he's going to play really well....others, he might not be able to make a jumper and has some costly turnovers. Most of the time, though, he just plays his role and is a solid middle-of-the-road guy. Like I said in another thread....just about every time he's on the floor he's the fifth option.

Grayson was largely taken out of the game last night as per KU's strategy to do so. I also wonder how he felt coming out of the locker room in the second half after the fall. Having said that, and I'm not trying to immediately jump to conclusions, his play has seemed a bit off while watching the exhibitions and early games.

Well said. I think it's also worth pointing out that teams have looked and studied more in the offseason.

That said, Grayson has some really good looks in the first half that were right on line or three-quarters down and they didn't drop. As a scorer, I think sometimes that messes with you and makes you press. That's what I think happened to him last night. He just got out of sorts and out of control and forced in some bad spots. Truthfully, last year I think he felt he had to rally the troops so many times and this year he was finally looking forward to letting the game come to him. Unfortunately, with all our injuries right now he's kind of being forced into his role of last season. When his jumper is falling that's a great thing....but when it's not he makes some bad decisions.

Reactions: Mpm277 and HuffyJB
Are you serious? I pointed it out before and then you find the need to make the subtle "be careful" comment to another poster, on top of that. You're either an idiot or you know exactly what you're doing. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming the latter.

And no, when someone plays a bad game there's nothing wrong with pointing it out. But is that really what you do with Matt? And I'm asking you to be honest. I think we both know the answer to that. (Think back to the comments you've made in other threads regarding him and try to see what me and everyone else is seeing from you.)

To the common basketball fan, Matt is a role player. He's a spot shooter, above-average defender and someone who has strong leadership skills. Some games, like last night, he's going to play really well....others, he might not be able to make a jumper and has some costly turnovers. Most of the time, though, he just plays his role and is a solid middle-of-the-road guy. Like I said in another thread....just about every time he's on the floor he's the fifth option.

I was being dead serious. I said be careful to him as a joke because you in particular go out of your mind anytime someone is harsh on one of our players. It's silly, people can have different opinions I've done NOTHING but state mine. In fact every Duke fan I know in person agrees. Being from the frozen tundra though you may not know any to discuss it with except for here.. And that's fine but there's a world of Duke fans outside our 30 on here. I get he's playing because we dont have a choice right now but to defend him to the point some of you do it's like you're the parent of the high school kid that's awful but you don't want to admit it.. He played well last night for Matt though but some games it's such a difference in talent it's scary. And what comments? I've been harsh yes but I've been harsh on others before (Josh Hairston) when they aren't up to par.

:oops::oops::oops: Come on fellas.

On another note geez there are a million threads. We play Grand Canyon and not a peep, but as per usual when we play big teams everybody comes out the woodwork

I just want to reiterate how proud I am of these kids. They fought like hell last night. You take that fight and add a couple of pieces and we are in business in April.

Reactions: BOOGIEMAN1914
I realize we were short handed last night gentlemen, but you do realize out of the 6 or 7 guys K decided to play or tease with playing time for that matter, 6 of them were McDonalds All-Americans and one was a consensus top 40 recruit. I challenge you to find many other programs that have that kind of fire power at their disposal with the exception of Kentucky....Nobody feels bad for us. When you're short handed with that kind of talent, it's hard to even make comments about the "big 3" who didn't play.

Yeah they fought hard, but they have to play better than they did last night to be a true contender. You can't be that careless with the ball, give up that many second chance points, get beat up on the boards like that and play that poor of a defense and expect to compete with good teams.

These are issues that need to be addressed in practice before even worrying about those 3 freshman making their season debuts.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT