ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS KANSAS NCAA TOURNAMENT ELITE 8 OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

We need that refuse to lose mentality they’ve shown this year. Texas, Florida, UNC games, et al. They have it in them, just need to shake off the nerves.

Reactions: Mpm277
This will be a defensive win if we can get through this game. I still am amazed how poorly Allen and Trent are shooting the three.

Kudos to Bill Self and Kansas. Not only did we look a little tight but also confused with these heavy doubles. We are not flowing on offense. Now the GOAT gets a chance to make our own adjustments to get Bagley going. Just keep crashing the glass. Let’s go

putting Carter in with two was a mistake but even with that, horrible three point shooting and being out rebounded we have a lead. I will admit that my nerves are a wreck right now.

Trent seems to live for the big moments. I don’t care how he shoots all game i think he needs to touch the ball a lot in the final 10.

Good first half by two good teams. I thought it was a confidence boost for Duval not getting yanked after a couple of miscues. A confident Duval is great for Duke. We will hit more shots and I don't care if they think KU is "decimating" our zone..they're not. They have very few fast break points and either have to make 23' jumpers or a tough midrange ....our zone is just fine. Shots fall and we pull away.

They just said zero fast break points for Kansas. Thought I remembered two, but guess not. That missed layup by De Sousa saved us two.

Reactions: PHXDukie
I just need us to take their candy and run away with it...I can't take another down to the wire game.. Nerves getting the best of me right now, I was okay during the first half!

Reactions: christophero
Well I guess the second half will go one of 2 ways. Hit some threes and rebound. Please.

Make KU win this from 3-4 ft behind the three point line and I like our odds.

7 pts and 3 rebounds combined from Carter and Bagley plus the poor 3 pt shooting and we're up 3. I still like our chances. We just need one of our Bigs to go off and hit a few 3's, then we will win this thing!

If I wasn’t paying attention to the score and just heard the announcers I would think Kansas is eating up our zone. They’re shooting 37%

Reactions: Dad2ze
Had to hit mute on the game after Raftery's comment about Kansas "decimating" Duke's defense. Sheeesh, what game was he watching. They've had to work for everything they've gotten. Duke hits their open 3's and this is a double digit lead.

One thing that needs to happen is MBIII needs to start playing ball. He's letting a guy half his size box him out successfully every time. He's also gone back to playing D like he started the game with 3 fouls. Need him to be tougher on both ends and Duke wins this by 10+.

We are where we need to be. This doesn't seem to be a shooter's arena. That is apparent from the way both teams are shooting. We need to keep getting to the basket, that seems to ne working well.

Hope for a great second half. A repeat of the first half will be more than enough.

Reactions: christophero
Get into the lane. Dump it low or let Duval drive. Keep the pressure on.

Reactions: Dad2ze
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT