ADVERTISEMENT

Duke vs Ferris State

You're gonna have to dumb it down some more for me. I'm one of those uneducated old mental midgets that highly intelligent people talk about. I do however understand that you can only dumb it down so far so it may need to go down in steps. Sooner or later maybe one of our posters can get it down to my level .OFC

Haha you’ve been on a great roll lately sky!

I'm not sure everyone here has the reading comprehension skills to understand any more than that.

Twitter is for idiots. It is limited to 240 characters. Ergo, short statements are probably not for people with above average intelligence.
I try to dumb it down for folks, but I can only do so much. Sorry.

Are you aware of the difference between correlation and causation?

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Ok last word. At least you're not stalking me on LinkedIn any longer, lol. They have a block feature too ;)

Looks like it's time to return the favor here. You seem to always want to start a confrontational conversation with me. See ya.

Curious to see if K keeps Bolden on Richards, or switch over to Jav. Nick has developed a bit of a post game offensively but I believe Bolden will bother him.
Honestly, I know very little about Kentucky. I think if our boys come to play, we will have a good chance, and those there will get their money’s worth.

At least it’s fair that neither team has played a good opponent yet.

Reactions: SoCal_Dukie3
Honestly, I know very little about Kentucky. I think if our boys come to play, we will have a good chance, and those there will get there money’s worth.

At least it’s fair that neither team has played a good opponent yet.

Gonna be a war buddy. UK will be able to get after Tre, but if RJ and Cam handle the rock well, we should be good. No way the margin of victory is over 6-8 points on this one (after factoring in FT's at game end).

Reactions: Mac9192
Ok, Yates is long winded when he types, but he brings a lot of substance, I agree sometimes a post gets a little to thick and can cause you to skim but let’s give him some room, he’s a big time Duke fan and this is where they hang out. I came to terms with Mac, y’all can with Yates. And no, I didn’t put Mac on ignore. I don’t always agree with him but I am at least at faith with knowing he is a true Duke fan and not out to sabotage what we have here. Let’s all get on the same team here and have a great ass time cause we’ve got a powder keg full of whoopAss to watch this season. Let’s do this.

Ok, Yates is long winded when he types, but he brings a lot of substance, I agree sometimes a post gets a little to thick and can cause you to skim but let’s give him some room, he’s a big time Duke fan and this is where they hang out. I came to terms with Mac, y’all can with Yates. And no, I didn’t put Mac on ignore. I don’t always agree with him but I am at least at faith with knowing he is a true Duke fan and not out to sabotage what we have here. Let’s all get on the same team here and have a great ass time cause we’ve got a powder keg full of whoopAss to watch this season. Let’s do this.

and I hope it explodes twice!!
Champions classic
National championship!

Good post, ya big ol lug head.

As for the game itself, our offense is something serious. And if we so choose, serious depth. But 99 is the only year Coach K used multiple players like that, and only because of blowouts because he could afford to. Maybe this is the next and last one... Who knows? I look forward to finding out.

We should really double down on defense in practice because our offense simply has too many available options to hurt you with. We will dominate some people. Kentucky will be a great indicator of what level we need to aspire to.

Agree with the sentiments about the Kentucky game giving us a good early idea of our strengths and weaknesses. And given it's so early, I'm not too worried about winning or losing.

But I suspect we'll end up beating them twice, like we did Wisconsin '14-'15. ;-)

Agree with the sentiments about the Kentucky game giving us a good early idea of our strengths and weaknesses. And given it's so early, I'm not too worried about winning or losing.

But I suspect we'll end up beating them twice, like we did Wisconsin '14-'15. ;-)

Very nice post dude!! DANN nice post!!

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Was at this game and it was a very good team win. Crazies didn't pack it out which is not a good site to see especially being a Saturday game. Thinking Duke should give out more tickets to the fans as they would love to be at a game. But that's something they will hopefully figure out.

Talked with Zion briefly and asking about all the assists. And he said... “We share the ball.. it makes the game fun”.

This team really seems to get the team concept which is great to see with having such a young team. Tre is the real deal. 10 assist by him and I think it was 29 assists in all.

I know its against against the D2 national champion who I believe lost 4 starters but still a good team win with everybody sharing the ball.

I will put in some post game interviews below is I can get the link to work. Go Duke!

Tre

Cam

Zion

I think you have to stick with the starting lineup of the four freshmen and Bolden.

I like DeLaurier coming off the bench because he's the team leader among upper classmen and he's a veteran presence. He's going to come in with confidence and aggressiveness - more so than what Bolden would do if you decide to bench him. There will likely be games he just gets forgotten - which won't benefit him or the team. Even if he only gets 10 minutes b/c of bad matchups, starting Bolden helps the team more, imo.

I also hope we go 8-9 deep consistently (which we could with DeLaurier, O'Connell, White, and Baker). This is, of course, an annual hope that never comes to fruition. Or hasn't since the 90's.

I think we go 8 deep and possibly just 7 with Baker being out and then White. I hope White can cash in because I can see him being on a short leash.

I think our 8 is basically set, the starters plus AOC, Jack, and Jav. I'd be stunned if we go more than 8 in crucial games, we have had much deeper/better benches in the past, and K still rarely played more than 8.

When Tre is out, I think RJ/Cam take over PG duties, Goldwire may only be used in emergency/injury/foul situations. Not trying to be harsh, but Goldwire IMO hasn't shown enough in Canada/exhibition games to warrant regular PT.

I hope Baker gives us some lift this year, but I'd bet against it. Just doesn't have the defensive ability/strength yet, but we are gonna need shooting at some time, and he can help with that.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT