ADVERTISEMENT

Official Gameday thread- Duke vs State II

Lively might be better than Flip at this point. Flip gets the stats but he has too many bad habits.

Reactions: sheyduke
With the free throw discrepancy in our favor and Terqauivion Smith having zero points, I feel we should be up more.

Reactions: sheyduke
This is the sort of start earlier in the ACC season that we would be down 8-10 points at half. Instead we are up 4. I really think we are going to come out strong in the second half. The threes aren't falling, let's take it inside!

Like that we are playing just as physical without losing control. Very poised in the circumstances.

To quote the great philosopher Barry Manilow "looks like we made it." Despite possibly being the worst 3 point shooting team on the eastern seaboard. And maybe the western seaboard. Still, a win is a win. On to UNC. Undefeated at Cameron. This team wins with defense.

State goes 3 for 24 from three for 37 minutes and then 5 for 6 in the last 3 minutes with some from the logo?!?! Really?!?!

And what does Duke do? We didn’t panic and multiple players made their FTs to finish the W. That’s maturity we hadn’t seen earlier in the year.

Let’s take care of business on Saturday, and when we do let’s put the rest of the nation on notice.

Here comes Duke!!

A ton of our threes were in rhythm and we had several open looks. The only one I hated was Lively's corner three late. I don't know what the hell he was thinking.

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
Ugly, ugly, ugly. Did we shoot 29 FT’s to their 8 due to being in Cameron, their poor discipline on d, or a combination of both? Either way, that’s why we won. Roach saved us on offense. He was 9-14 from inside the 3.

One thing I’m scratching my head about is Whitehead. He was (only) 2-2, and hit one of our two 3’s. Why couldn’t we free him up any? We found a way to clank up 1-18 out of everyone else.

Hard negative. Flips got easier stuff to clean up than lively. Although I got to hand it to lively he’s definitely improved so much over a short period of time
Yeah but Lively is what he is . A rebounder and shot blocker that scores off lobs and put backs .
Flip has to adapt still with the physicality of the game and learn not to dip his shoulder or extend his arm . His three point shooting has dropped and some might say the one thing he has fixed is the behind the back and over dribbling turnovers .

Nothing you can do about those 3's. The kid had a crazy excellent shooting game, and we played him well for the most part. Jon goes undefeated at home in his first year. LET'S ****ING GO!!!!!!!!!
Don’t know if he had a crazy shooting night he lit us up and State as well for 21 points .

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Ugly, ugly, ugly. Did we shoot 29 FT’s to their 8 due to being in Cameron, their poor discipline on d, or a combination of both? Either way, that’s why we won. Roach saved us on offense. He was 9-14 from inside the 3.

One thing I’m scratching my head about is Whitehead. He was (only) 2-2, and hit one of our two 3’s. Why couldn’t we free him up any? We found a way to clank up 1-18 out of everyone else.
My thoughts exactly. If Grandison can get off several 3’s, we should be finding more shots for Whitehead. Jacob was awful tonight. We really need to get Dariq going.

Did we really shoot 21 more free throws than them? Between that (we won't get those calls in the Dean Dome) and the 3 point shooting we need to do better Saturday. Don't get me wrong I'm glad we won. 5 game win streak is pretty impressive. We shot poorly and still won. Our backcourt played well against theirs.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT