ADVERTISEMENT

State hires Uncw head coach

Sad. I went to UNCW and I really liked the coach. He had the team heading in the right direction. I do think it is a good hire. He's the coach they need, but I don't see Keatts as the coach they deserve. The problem with NCSU is that they expect too much from their program. I don't think they would be happy with consistently making the tourney. I see Keatts getting them to the tourney regularly, but I wouldn't be surprised if he is fired in a few years after he doesn't live up to their high expectations. If they lower expectations, he could do very well there.

really good coach going to a bad situation. i really like him and this is a loss for uncw. we knew it was going to happen but i wish he was going to a better location. state just has some tough expectations.

Reactions: Dad2ze
I don't care who they hire. They can hire Steve Kerr, Coach K, Phil Jackson, resurrect Jimmy V...until they give the head coach the full reign to discipline as he sees fit, they'll continue to be the mediocre program they are. My son worked out with Koren Robinson who played football at State. He mentioned that when he was at State and even after that the AD and School would step in at times if the punishment seemed to harsh. It seems that has continued until this day.

Don't know how he will do but he needs to be confident. State for years has had no identity. You know how K is, what to expect from Holes, and even Bennett, but State has been in disarray for a while. Expectations there should be high

A good hire for NC State and probably a huge pay raise for Keatts. Back to the drawing board for UNC-W. Thats the fallacy with a school like UNC W having a successful season and good coach as they leave as soon as the opportunity arises.

It's a great hire! Not a big Moo fan but hopefully he can't get them to beat the holes on a consistent basis and drive the hole fans crazy.

The way I see it they will play like world beaters against Duke no matter who is there, lets hope he turns them completely around and they start beating some other teams too

It's a big difference in conferences for him and player recruitment. Wonder if states players stay intact or if some transfer.

It's a big difference in conferences for him and player recruitment. Wonder if states players stay intact or if some transfer.

This is a good question. I think we can assume Smith, Anya (a senior) are gone. Yurtseven I believe has already declared for the draft, and I assume Abu will also declare. Then Henderson may be gone, unless he gets a redshirt year. That's potentially 5 guys gone.

However, the core looks pretty good on paper. They would still have Markell Johnson, Ted Kapita, Maverick Rowan, Torin Dorn, and a few others.

I wish him nothing but the best. But for once I would like to see UNCW retain a winning coach. I wish he would have at least considered building something in Wilmington. In his three years, UNCW won the regular season title each year and made the NCAAs each of the last two. They had a good showing against Duke last year and an even better showing against Virginia this year. It seems like the Seahawks took the trip back to Wilmington with a little bit of pride and sadness while Keatts was already transitioning to the NC State job. Like I said, wish him the best, but disappointed.

His win/loss record is impressive I think it's like 70/28 and I might have read it wrong.

Duke hired a unknown coach one time from a small program and he did a lot better than skysdad thought he would do. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT