ADVERTISEMENT

Official Gameday thread: Duke Vs Boston College

Someone said the other day that a sophomore Lively would be a stud or monster or something.

That’s simply not true, he is not very good and it’s mostly not fixable.

He will improve but he’ll never be really good. His size will earn him some bucks though.

Reactions: pisgah101
I think I said that. But I'm not as sure about it. I do think Lively will be a lot better next year. Wherever that is.

Last edited:
One good thing is we have a combo going with Young and Whitehead…might need to latch onto that right now.

If Scheyer is being somewhat observant those two would be on the floor a lot together.

If teams just sunk back and packed the paint and made us shoot from outside we would lose 75% of those games....we have no PG that can penetrate and finish...and our outside shooting is not good....not sure why any team would extend their defense to the 3pt line. Young seems like the only player doing any communication at stoppages of play to other players too....

Watch this last 2:40 up 7 and benched both Young and Whitehead before the half….

If teams just sunk back and packed the paint and made us shoot from outside we would lose 75% of those games....we have no PG that can penetrate and finish...and our outside shooting is not good....not sure why any team would extend their defense to the 3pt line. Young seems like the only player doing any communication at stoppages of play to other players too....
This goes for almost a lot of teams. If you jam the paint and don’t let teams drive or go down low they’ll lose. For this team it’s really true!

Reactions: Fourteen44
Silver lining we may get year two of Flip. His stock is going to slide if he keeps playing this way. Mitchell with 9. He is a key guy for us. If him Whitehead and Young play this way we could be good.
6 point halftime lead. I'll take it, but we need this W.

I think Filip will be good eventually but he really does need to be sat down….he needs a reset…

Reactions: christophero
What a great way to have the life sucked out of you before half….what a kick in the nuts…

Wow Livley...great defense there at the end. He should get no more than 10 minutes a game.

Lively can’t even tell where a Hail Mary pass is going and instead allows the catch 😂

Reactions: JimboSlice00
I’m fine with sitting them they are going to be needed most of the second half .

Young, Mitchell and Whitehead showed up to play. The rest…not so much.
That’s because Mitchell is doing what he’s good at playing bully offense . If he can continue he will average double digit scoring every game .

Lively's not ready, but I'd gladly take him back next year. I get potential but his draft stock has to be plummeting.

Reactions: Dad2ze
To me it feels we really squandered a great opportunity to be up 8-12 pts.

I fell like we are in trouble unless Whitehead can carry us home….maybe he can but I’m not counting on it.

Hell Scheyer will probably take him out anyways 😂

Holy shit whitehead is an insane 3 point shooter

Great start to the half. Love that all of Filips touches are in the paint so far this half and not at the three point line.

Proctor atleast shows signs of life in some games. Look how much better the offense looks with Lively sitting on the bench. It's not rocket science

Reactions: Fourteen44
Proctor looking better. Thank God.
I think he’s going to be really good and is the key to our season…I always think he looks better than what is actually happening.

With him I feel like it could happen at any moment if everyone can just be patient.

He needs to be playing though….even though that can seem frustrating at times.

Wow Livley...great defense there at the end. He should get no more than 10 minutes a game.

His mistake was defending the player, in that situation you defend the pass without fouling.

Just don’t let the player catch the ball then try to guard. Lots if us could make that shot.

Need to get Whitehead a breather so he can bring us home.

Good coaching going zone with Lively in and Blake’s and Mitchell…

No shooters for Duke…

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT