ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread Duke vs Clemson

There was a lot of missed calls but there was also a lot of letting the kids play .

Going to be interesting to see if they improve and move the ball more on the next two games . This team when they move the ball are almost unbeatable but they also have a habit of playing right into the other teams style of play .

That was clearly a foul on Proctor . The first contact wasn’t called but he was clearly hit on the hand.

I’m afraid UNC might really go off on them.
They have a boatload of guys this year….all need to be guarded.

I’m afraid UNC might really go off on them.
They have a boatload of guys this year….all need to be guarded.
The key is to containing Davis and Ingram . You can’t stop them but you can contain them . It’s who guards Ryan and who guards Ingram that bothers me . Bacot is going to try and go off but will he go to the perimeter to guard Flip ?
Clear point , if Duke doesn’t move the ball and contain on defense they will get beat . Luckily if healthy Duke has Proctor, Foster, Blakes, McCain and Roach to throw on defense at their guards . Down side I don’t see anyone on Dukes roster unless Stewart just comes to life that can contain Ingram . Mitchell will be on Ryan to stop his three but I Think this is where you put Foster or Proctor on Ryan and let Mitchell defend Ingram .

Reactions: bullcity gamer
This game (Saturday) may be too much for Stewart, but you could always give him a few minutes and see how he does. Davis is probably the x factor. I do think we can win, but we probably need a hot 3 point shooting night to do it.

Last edited:
The key is to containing Davis and Ingram . You can’t stop them but you can contain them . It’s who guards Ryan and who guards Ingram that bothers me . Bacot is going to try and go off but will he go to the perimeter to guard Flip ?
Clear point , if Duke doesn’t move the ball and contain on defense they will get beat . Luckily if healthy Duke has Proctor, Foster, Blakes, McCain and Roach to throw on defense at their guards . Down side I don’t see anyone on Dukes roster unless Stewart just comes to life that can contain Ingram . Mitchell will be on Ryan to stop his three but I Think this is where you put Foster or Proctor on Ryan and let Mitchell defend Ingram .
Ryan is shooting 30% on threes this season.

Who cares . Duke looked awful for most the second half and had one assist on ten shots . It’s like they play great to their potential one game and take a step back the next .
I don’t like trolls but I don’t see anything wrong with it . We have seen this Duke team play enough now to know they can beat anyone and can be beaten by anyone .
You're missing the point. If you were to go to RR and post anything remotely like she did, you would be banned in a key stroke. A troll is a troll and she has come on this board before to talk non sense. Won't see me in agreement with a Kentucky fan- that's illegal.

There was a lot of missed calls but there was also a lot of letting the kids play .

Going to be interesting to see if they improve and move the ball more on the next two games . This team when they move the ball are almost unbeatable but they also have a habit of playing right into the other teams style of play .

That was clearly a foul on Proctor . The first contact wasn’t called but he was clearly hit on the hand.
Exactly. When Duke moves the ball, they are really good.

Reactions: sheyduke
People are acting like UNC has such a talent advantage over Duke, that a joke. Duke roster is just as good if not better than UNC. I saw someone say that UNC front court will be the best Duke has played all season I disagree with that statement. UNC only has Ingram & Bacot which has regressed this season. Ingram is more in line of Mitchell a smaller 4. I actually think Duke matches up with them better than some of the teams we just played. Now UNC has been playing better than Duke due to injuries but I don’t think we are afraid to play them. I think we get past VT then go in with a game plan to knock out the Holes.

Last edited:
You're missing the point. If you were to go to RR and post anything remotely like she did, you would be banned in a key stroke. A troll is a troll and she has come on this board before to talk non sense. Won't see me in agreement with a Kentucky fan- that's illegal.

Would never want to agree with a Kentucky fan, they lack brain cells, it must be from being in relationships with their 1st cousins.

Reactions: JimboSlice00
Davis, Ryan, and Bacot are not unknown commodities either to Roach, Flip, Mitchell, Proctor, Blakes, Young, and the coaching staff.

Those holes have to chase around The Blue Devils as well. Duke has 6 legitimate guys who can hurt them from 3 (Proctor, Roach, McCain, Foster, Flip, and Power).

I’m really intrigued by the Mitchell and Ingram matchup.

Davis, Ryan, and Bacot are not unknown commodities either to Roach, Flip, Mitchell, Proctor, Blakes, Young, and the coaching staff.

Those holes have to chase around The Blue Devils as well. Duke has 6 legitimate guys who can hurt them from 3 (Proctor, Roach, McCain, Foster, Flip, and Power).

Not to mention, now Mark at least makes you think when he gets the ball behind the arc...

Mark is my favorite type of basketball player. A player who does not need the ball in their hands to impact the game. A player who just does all the little things like rebound, isn’t afraid to mix it up and dive for the loose balls, and embraces being the defensive stopper on the team. I tend to favor the type of basketball player Mitchell embodies.

People are acting like UNC has such a talent advantage over Duke, that a joke. Duke roster is just as good if not better than UNC. I saw someone say that UNC front court will be the best Duke has played all season I disagree with that statement. UNC only has Ingram & Bacot which has regressed this season. Ingram is more in line of Mitchell a smaller 4. I actually think Duke matches up with them better than some of the teams we just played. Now UNC has been playing better than Duke due to injuries but I don’t think we are afraid to play them. I think we get past VT then go in with a game plan to knock out the Holes.
There is a reason they have a five year center. He has no where to go and if RJ was NBA material that's where he would be.

I think Mitchell gets the best of that match up. I just want this next game and then the cheats will be icing on the cake

ehhhh. If roles were reversed we’d be crying the blues on the 2 late foul calls. Yea there was contact to call a foul, but there’s “contact “ on about everything, but a layup. Proctor even pushed off initially.He sold his desperation heave after. It’s rare you get a foul call falling away from the basket. I’ll take it though. I guess a makeup game is in store for us! We don’t play va tech good anyway. I think we get torched

I don’t visit other boards . Don’t care to it’s a reason it’s their board just like here . People are going to say anything but what she said wasn’t off base just my opinion. Duke has a large tendency to get away from moving the ball and when it happens it favors the other team .

Davis has the ball in his hands 75 percent of the time. Face guard him
No Davis has been playing off ball . Their young pg has come on for them and Davis wants you to face guard him to attack off the dribble .
Bacot has been off because he don’t have to be the center of their scoring just rebound and he will at home against Duke
It’s at UNC so I expect Ryan to be their ex factor . If he is hitting it opens up the lanes more for their guards and Ingram .

This game (Saturday) may be too much for Stewart, but you could always give him a few minutes and see how he does. Davis is probably the x factor. I do think we can win, but we probably need a hot 3 point shooting night to do it.
I’ll be happily surprised if Stewart isn’t forced into action early. Clemson targeted Flip - you know UNC is going to do the same, and has more skilled players to make it happen.

Reactions: christophero
ehhhh. If roles were reversed we’d be crying the blues on the 2 late foul calls. Yea there was contact to call a foul, but there’s “contact “ on about everything, but a layup. Proctor even pushed off initially.He sold his desperation heave after. It’s rare you get a foul call falling away from the basket. I’ll take it though. I guess a makeup game is in store for us! We don’t play va tech good anyway. I think we get torched
That's the spirit!

Clemson moved up to #28 in net so that W was a Quad 1 win. Duke is now 4-1 in quad 1 which is really good.
It is still a quad 2 if they are 28.

Funny thing about the net. It was a better win for us with the metrics because it was a close win than if we blew them out...

A foul is a foul, proctor’s shooting arm got hit!!! Duke’s been on the wrong end of missed calls before. Last season at Vatech, Flip got throat punched and no call was made, then how could anyone forget the ref swallowing his whistle at the end of the game at virginia. Brownell has nothing to complain about.

A foul is a foul, proctor’s shooting arm got hit!!! Duke’s been on the wrong end of missed calls before. Last season at Vatech, Flip got throat punched and no call was made, then how could anyone forget the ref swallowing his whistle at the end of the game at virginia. Brownell has nothing to complain about.
He could complain about the dude who had 4 turnovers in the last 2:03

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT