ADVERTISEMENT

Official Gameday thread- ACC tournament Duke vs Miami

We are playing (I Think) better than top 20 especially looking at the top 20. But if we win tomorrow 4 is probably as high as we can go.

So when Scheyer stated with two weeks before the end of the season Whitehead needed two more weeks, maybe he knew what he was talking about.

Miami made some tough shots in the first half.

I love how Scheyer uses timeouts. He needed to use his first half timeout simply because no whistles he needed it to extend to a media. And his other two were to simply restart the 10 count. This YOUNG team essentially did not need timeouts to talk to coach yet this tournament.

We never trailed by more than two. Never trailed in the second half. Assuming no weird 4 point plays, not much time in the second half where Miami could hit a shot and be in the lead.

Cassell can go F himself, but did his bias @ss hand us a big gift?
It’s definitely looking like a bit of a gift from Cassell. Because with a win at UVA, we would have been the 2 seed and would have been playing UNC last night. I’m fine with avoiding that game and letting Virginia take those bastards out.

Question - that play where Wong elbowed Jeremy in the head and got a flagrant... why did the basket still count?

Question - that play where Wong elbowed Jeremy in the head and got a flagrant... why did the basket still count?
My only guess is because they didn’t blow the whistle when it happened. They only went to the monitor afterwards since Roach stayed down.

Let’s go!!! I want UVA. Let’s take care of business and then sky’s the limit in the NCAAs.

Who wants to see us in their bracket? Name them!!!
UK wants us in their bracket. They gave Vanderbilt all they wanted, UK losing by only 7! They think they are ready for a Final 4 run.
Let’s go!!! I want UVA. Let’s take care of business and then sky’s the limit in the NCAAs.

Who wants to see us in their bracket? Name them!!!

Lee Cassell on the call for Virginia game. That crook better not be on our game tomorrow against Virginia
No way he will be. The ACC has already taken such a hit on officiating, that would make the admins even more of a laughingstock.

Really proud of these Duke boys. To come back from that farce in Charlottesville FULL CIRCLE to getting them in the title game cannot be praised enough. What a group of young gunslingers led by a junior who's truly come of age!! Did Jeremy nail the dagger or what?

Scheyer's work has been brilliant. To think he didn't garner a single COY vote from the ACC media is an insult, but the typical sad commentary on conference sportswriters. Truly a UNC loving, anti-Duke cluster. Not many coaches make it to the conference final (with brand new players) in their rookie campaign!! OFC

No way he will be. The ACC has already taken such a hit on officiating, that would make the admins even more of a laughingstock.

Really proud of these Duke boys. To come back from that farce in Charlottesville FULL CIRCLE to getting them in the title game cannot be praised enough. What a group of young gunslingers led by a junior who's truly come of age!! Did Jeremy nail the dagger or what?

Scheyer's work has been brilliant. To think he didn't garner a single COY vote from the ACC media is an insult, but the typical sad commentary on conference sportswriters. Truly a UNC loving, anti-Duke cluster. Not many coaches make it to the conference final (with brand new players) in their rookie campaign!! OFC
If Duke wins tonight Jon joins Vic Bubus and Bill Guthridge as the only coaches to win the ACC championship in their rookie years. Guthridge won the Naismith coach of the year following Dean and Jon hasn't received even an atta boy.

If Duke wins tonight Jon joins Vic Bubus and Bill Guthridge as the only coaches to win the ACC championship in their rookie years. Guthridge won the Naismith coach of the year following Dean and Jon hasn't received even an atta boy.
This is a a big example of why I think conference awards should be voted after the tournament. If Duke wins tonight, it even further validates the debacle that was Virginia and we are a major ref flub away from winning the regular season and then win the ACC championship. Throw preseason expectations out the window, but from where we were at the beginning of ACC play until now. Dealing with those injuries…

But at the same time, we do not know what happens if you flip the Virginia Duke result, Miami is the one seed (3-1 vs Pitt, UVA, Clemson trio vs Duke 2-1) Duke two, Pitt 3. (Pitt 1-1 vs Miami vs UVA and Clemson 0-1). Virginia 4, Clemson 5. So Duke plays UNC, NCST probably beats Pitt, and Virginia beats Clemson, and the tournament is entirely different.

As for Cassell, I was an SID at a school that made the 2014 NCAA division II tournament. Am ump at second made a HUGE mistake in the bottom ninth and we lost. I asked the NCAA site rep “Hey, that ump is at first base for our game. Close call that goes our way, will it be said that it is because in the back of his mind he screwed us so makeup? Or if a call goes against us, he is twisting the knife and screwing us? Is it in his best interest to not be on that game?”

The ACC and Cassell himself would be stupid to be on that assignment.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
The power of The Cheaters media machine. BTW, as a really old geezer that's ELITE COMPANY for Jon. Bubas put Duke hoops on the map!!!

OFC

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
If Duke beats the Hoos and makes a final four, I think Scheyer at least gets votes. The problem with COY, most voters look at preseason vs finish. They usually do not account for injuries and growth during the season. Where we were even late January to now, it is night and day…

Reactions: hart2chesson
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT